HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Beginner - Need Skates for Wide Feet - Help Please! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1486739)

OILW30 08-19-2013 10:55 AM

Beginner - Need Skates for Wide Feet - Help Please!

I'm looking for a pair of skates for wide feet. I'm a beginner and I only want to spend around $200. Currently I'm trying the Bauer Nexus 400 skates in EE and I still find them too narrow. I'm wondering if the CCM RBZ 70s in EE might work better for me? It's the width at the ball of my foot and into the toe cap that I need.

I don't have access to a pro shop in my area, so I have to do this over the internet.

Thanks!

Hooah4 08-19-2013 11:02 AM

never tried the nexus on but I have terribly wide feet and Easton were one of the few skates I could get my foot into. Supremes in EE are just a bit too tight but I can suffer through it. Reebok in EE might help. I also haven't tried the new stealth series but they as well are supposed to run a bit wider.

AIREAYE 08-19-2013 11:08 AM

Too narrow where?

Silence Of The Plams 08-19-2013 11:09 AM

Know this feel. I have a 4-5E foot width. and size 15. So hard to find skates, but Easton does a nice job, for me anyway

OILW30 08-19-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIREAYE (Post 70329525)
Too narrow where?

They're t0o narrow on the part of my foot right before my toes, i.e., the widest part the foot. And then my big toe rubs against the inside of the boot too sometimes.

OILW30 08-19-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guess What (Post 70329539)
Know this feel. I have a 4-5E foot width. and size 15. So hard to find skates, but Easton does a nice job, for me anyway

I think I'm a 3- or 4E, in a size 9.5 or so. So Easton EE skates might work? Or do I need to custom order?

Thanks!

OILW30 08-19-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooah4 (Post 70329415)
never tried the nexus on but I have terribly wide feet and Easton were one of the few skates I could get my foot into. Supremes in EE are just a bit too tight but I can suffer through it. Reebok in EE might help. I also haven't tried the new stealth series but they as well are supposed to run a bit wider.

Nexus are wider than the Supremes. I couldn't wear Supremes. I might be able to suffer through with the Nexus skates, but I'm not sure. Just wondering if there's something else wider. Sounds like Easton might work. I thought the CCM RBZ 70 sounded promising, but I haven't tried them on.

Silence Of The Plams 08-19-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OILW30 (Post 70329637)
I think I'm a 3- or 4E, in a size 9.5 or so. So Easton EE skates might work? Or do I need to custom order?

Thanks!

I usually have to end up going to actually order them unless by dumb luck I find a pair for my feet because I just have freakishly sized feet. Hell, I can't ever find normal shoes that fit my feet anywhere, and online it's hard as well. EE *should* work. I can't say much for that because of how wide mine are.

OILW30 08-19-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JagrsMullet (Post 70329873)
You might have to get the EE's and have someone punch them out for you.

I was wondering about that. Does that really help?

The guy I ordered the Nexus pair from says a reebok 12K might work for me. Anyone have experience with those for wide feet?

Thanks for all the help guys.

AIREAYE 08-19-2013 12:48 PM

Try Reebok and CCM in E/EE. Read the skate guide too, those letters are just arbitrary.

jsykes 08-19-2013 03:45 PM

You'll just have to try some things on. I have very wide feet as well, however, Supremes work for me and Nexus do not, neither do RBK or Easton. The new RBZ series skates from CCM though are very wide.

Skates are different in their widths in different areas and it makes trying them on a necessity. You find Nexus wider than Supreme, I find it the opposite because obviously our feet are shaped differently.

Try them all on and see what works best for your foot.

r3cc0s 10-21-2013 02:54 PM

EE means 1/4" wider but with the same foot style

the only boots that fit me comfortably are:

RBK 8k/16k (wider than the 18/20)
Graf 709
Bauer Nexus

I need a boot thats wide everywhere

kr580 10-22-2013 03:24 AM

My feet flair out towards the toes and are widest just before the toes, where the first knuckles are. I also have a high instep so I needed skates that were deeper than the Flexlite/Nexus and Easton skates. I ended up with 7EE CCM U+12's that needed to be punched out further at the wide point of my feet. After a thorough punch-out they're golden.

Personally, when trying on skates I found the widths to be in this order, widest to most narrow: Nexus/Flexlite, Easton, CCM, Supreme, Reebok, Vapor. They didn't have the Grafs that would have fit me so I can't speak on any of those.

Good luck finding a solution.

Edit: Dang it, didn't notice the old date. Ah well, hopefully this helps someone in the future.

MNWild9 10-22-2013 08:12 AM

I know your pain. Its hard to find good fitting skates for me. Reebok boots then to be a little wider then most. If your looking Bauer you will want to go with the Supreme line in a standard. If you go with a Vapor you will have to go with a EE as a D will be to narrow. Ccm's run almost like a Bauer Vapor boot. If its to narrow your local hockey store can punch out area's to make sure they fit better. Also baking your skates will help to. Your local hockey store will most of the time do it for free with a purchase of a pair of skates.

jorbjorb 10-23-2013 02:51 PM

bauers

triggrman 10-23-2013 04:13 PM

all of them feel too narrow before you get your knots. Then you embrace them, name them and they become family....

Bure All Day 10-24-2013 12:44 AM

I have 9D's and they're for a wide fit, not sure if this helps, Easton brand

MikeModano9 10-25-2013 03:30 AM

I have some wide feet and suffered for a year with my grafs. Then I got them punched at Pro Hockey Life and it's been night and day difference. No pain at all. It was also free.

Devo1212 10-25-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OILW30 (Post 70329315)
I'm looking for a pair of skates for wide feet. I'm a beginner and I only want to spend around $200. Currently I'm trying the Bauer Nexus 400 skates in EE and I still find them too narrow. I'm wondering if the CCM RBZ 70s in EE might work better for me? It's the width at the ball of my foot and into the toe cap that I need.

I don't have access to a pro shop in my area, so I have to do this over the internet.

Thanks!

any skates would work those are pretty nice skates.