HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Gainey protects Brisebois (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=14869)

Crusher20 09-27-2003 05:15 PM

Gainey protects Brisebois

I'm proud of the guts of Gainey he basically said the people who boo Brisebois are jealous.. ok he might be wrong on that but he protects his people and let me tell you that Brisebois seem to be touched by Gainey's move.

This is good for the team spirit. I hope people who give crap to brisebois will not boo brisebois when he play wells.

Guys be supportive, i dont like brisebois but its stupid to do that when he plays great.. or even when he makes mistakes.. everyone does mistakes.. anyway..

Nice Move BG!

its tough not to agree with a legend with such leadership.

habs1988 09-27-2003 05:19 PM

I just saw on RDS that Gainey protect Breeze. He said that it's bulls**t.

montreal 09-27-2003 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003

It is Bull ****. Some fans are so stupid they can't even boo right. I've seen them Boo when the player wasn't even at fault or they didn't have the right person. To me it's more of a trendy thing to do, boo Brezzy (although some nights he should be Booed) but I just don't think some fans know what they are Booing when they Boo.

Maithz 09-27-2003 05:31 PM

Gainey have do the best thing . I don't know why the person boo Brisebois , he is better than Traverse and nobody boo Traverse

tritone 09-27-2003 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABS-65
Gainey have do the best thing . I don't know why the person boo Brisebois , he is better than Traverse and nobody boo Traverse

Actually Traverse has been booed .
But You're right and I don't think anyone should boo their own team unless it is really deserved .
The big probem is that everyone who agrees with me here is not the people booing...the ones who boo breezer really don't care what we have to say . It's too bad though because the booing just makes Him play worse.

tritone 09-27-2003 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003

Sorry, I'm confused....did Gainey say it was BullS..t? And what exactly was He saying it about?

habitue* 09-27-2003 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tritone
Sorry, I'm confused....did Gainey say it was BullS..t? And what exactly was He saying it about?

YES ! Gainey said it was BS and that the team does not need these people, a bunch of jealous and yellows !

Bravo Mr.Gainey ! Not only the booing of Brisebois is unjustified 95% of the time, but it also have a negative impact on the whole team.

Brisebois said that he appreciated Gainey's support and says big thanks to the fans who were supporting and cheering for him

Mike8 09-27-2003 05:49 PM

Did Gainey have much of a choice? He knows Brisebois is sensitive. He knows no one will touch Brisebois' contract. Why leave him unprotected and destroy his confidence if he knows no one will pick him up anyway?

Hate to be cynical on this one, but I have to think that if Gainey thought he could unload Brisebois' hefty salary, he would.

Regardless, it is a smart move on several levels. As a fan of tough hockey, I can't stand Brisebois. But I know he's still an asset to the Habs and is a quality defenseman when used properly.

Histrion 09-27-2003 05:50 PM

I hope that can bring some confidence to Brisebois' play! We all know what he can do, look at the way he started last season, he was by far our best d-man, if he can do it for a season long, it would be a huge boost for the team.

habitue* 09-27-2003 05:57 PM

If some fans would stop booing him and if Julien play him at the right time against weaker opponent's lines, he will do very well, thank you. He certainly should not play more than 20 minutes per game, mainly on power plays and 5 on 5, and rarely in the last minutes of a game when he does his worst mistakes.

tritone 09-27-2003 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitué
YES ! Gainey said it was BS and that the team does not need these people, a bunch of jealous and yellows !

Bravo Mr.Gainey ! Not only the booing of Brisebois is unjustified 95% of the time, but it also have a negative impact on the whole team.

Brisebois said that he appreciated Gainey's support and says big thanks to the fans who were supporting and cheering for him

Cool...thanks for clarifying ! :-)

tinyzombies 09-27-2003 06:41 PM

jealous of what, the booing or the turnovers?

Still a smart move by Bo. We have to sweep last season under the carpet with Breezy and start again... again. Maybe he'll play like he did two years ago.

He knows this is essentially his FA year. We are definitely buying him out at the end of the season.

mcphee 09-27-2003 07:06 PM

Previous administrations would mumble about 'only a few were booing' or 'they're entitled to their opinion'. Not Gainey, he points a finger and calls them yellow. No ambiguity there. You gotta love the approach. So,anyone booing out there, Gainey says your yellow. Nice to hear some straight talk.

Russian Fan 09-27-2003 08:00 PM

from the RDS article
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chronique...N3F765561.html

Bob Gainey :
«La vérité est que Patrice a été un des meilleurs joueurs sur la glace contre les Sabres. Est-il parfait ? Non. Mais pour progresser comme équipe, on a besoin de nos meilleurs éléments. Ils vont parfois commettre des erreurs, mais ils doivent revenir plus forts».

«La vérité est que Patrice ne mérite pas de traitement de faveur de notre part, mais il ne mérite pas d'être ainsi conspué. Ces partisans qui le huent, qu'ils se lèvent et qu'ils arrêtent de se cacher derrières les colonnes du Centre Bell. Qu'ils se montrent. Ce sont des bâtards lâches (gutless ********)». Et vlan!

================================================== ====
«The truth is that Patrice was one of the best players on ice against the Sabres. Is he perfect ? No. But to be a better a team , we need our best players. They gonna make mistakes but they need to comeback strong».

«The truth is that Patrice does not merit special treatment from the fans or the management but does not merit to be booed. Those fan who booed Brisebois just have to stand up & stop hiding between the crowd of the Bell Centre. They need to show who they are. They are gutless bastards».

Gainey RULZ 09-27-2003 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russian Fan
from the RDS article
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chronique...N3F765561.html

Bob Gainey :
«La vérité est que Patrice a été un des meilleurs joueurs sur la glace contre les Sabres. Est-il parfait ? Non. Mais pour progresser comme équipe, on a besoin de nos meilleurs éléments. Ils vont parfois commettre des erreurs, mais ils doivent revenir plus forts».

«La vérité est que Patrice ne mérite pas de traitement de faveur de notre part, mais il ne mérite pas d'être ainsi conspué. Ces partisans qui le huent, qu'ils se lèvent et qu'ils arrêtent de se cacher derrières les colonnes du Centre Bell. Qu'ils se montrent. Ce sont des bâtards lâches (gutless ********)». Et vlan!

================================================== ====
«The truth is that Patrice was one of the best players on ice against the Sabres. Is he perfect ? No. But to be a better a team , we need our best players. They gonna make mistakes but they need to comeback strong».

«The truth is that Patrice does not merit special treatment from the fans or the management but does not merit to be booed. Those fan who booed Brisebois just have to stand up & stop hiding between the crowd of the Bell Centre. They need to show who they are. They are gutless bastards».

English version of Rds article ... : http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...35&hubName=nhl

Russian Fan 09-27-2003 08:15 PM

There's different infos in French & in English , so that's good ! :handclap:

Gainey RULZ 09-27-2003 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russian Fan
There's different infos in French & in English , so that's good ! :handclap:

There are many articles on this... like (in french) :
http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/ho...estiaire.shtml
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/art...3,444317.shtml
etc...

danboulie 09-27-2003 08:33 PM

Hooray for Gainey!
I think it's great that someone finally stood up to the boo birds, and what a way to stand up to them. Calling them yellow, jealous, and gutless ********! I like this guy more and more by the day!

Gainey RULZ 09-27-2003 08:39 PM

Like my nick said.....

GAINEY RULZ !!!! :yo: :handclap:

Munchausen 09-27-2003 08:56 PM

I do hope those words from Gainey change something in the future about this ridiculous "gutless" (very well chosen word) behavior from false fans at the Bell.

Booing the whole team when they play awfully passes, booing a player alone already is pretty much ridiculous in itself, even if he plays bad, because it gives the impression he's the sole responsible for the lack of success, but booing a player, regardless of how he plays, just because it's become a trend for some drunks up high in the Bell Center, is plain pathetic, and as a fan makes me ashamed.

This non-sense has to stop. Brisebois came to camp with a great attitude, why is a part of the crowd getting on his back, aside from the cheap and immature thrill they get out of it? Our team needs to be cheered, not booed after a couple of mistakes...

Hab at it 09-27-2003 10:22 PM

Fantastic! It's about time we got management with a back-bone. While I like the fact that AS was, and still is, a great part of our teams ability to get a step up in the right direction with our prospects and all, he never stood up for the individual players. BG has the clout and respect needed to tell not only the fans but the media where to go and how to get there. Good for BG I hope that it will actually smarten people up but with the ignorance of these loosers they'll probably be spiteful and make even bigger idiots of themselves. I just saw the interview on the score and am I ever glad that he's in charge now.

Rather Gingerly 1* 09-28-2003 01:28 AM

It sounds like Gainey is using a motivational tactic on Breeze-Byee. :teach: ================================================== ====

«The truth is that Patrice does not merit special treatment from the fans or the management but does not merit to be booed. Those fan who booed Brisebois just have to stand up & stop hiding between the crowd of the Bell Centre. They need to show who they are. They are gutless bastards».[/QUOTE]

QcS 09-28-2003 05:02 AM

at 100$ a ticket, fans have a right to cheer or boo whoever they want.. Gainey is an ass. Maybe he's in the wrong league.. the PGA would love him.

mcphee 09-28-2003 05:07 AM

In my book, $100 doesn't buy you the right to be ignorant. Gainey has a definite opinion and I find it refreshing to hear one expressed for a change.

Boutmania 09-28-2003 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leph28
at 100$ a ticket, fans have a right to cheer or boo whoever they want.. Gainey is an ass. Maybe he's in the wrong league.. the PGA would love him.

You have 3 post hey??? I hope the 2 others are not that smart...