HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Flyers Carnival (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1487337)

shipwreck 08-20-2013 05:18 PM

Flyers Carnival

I finally noticed when next year's Flyers Wives Carnival is (Jan 26th). Anyone else going?

(yes, I know this thread is way early - but with no season right now - gotta have something to talk about, right? :naughty: )

I always make the trip up from Texas and catch the Sat game (on the day before). I booked my hotel room just now. Looking forward to it again.

I've gone the past 2 years and had a great time. I do hope they don't jump the date on the ticket release again, and sell the Giroux tickets a day early with a facebook code. That really sucked last year. I found out about this when I got home from work that evening. Needless to say, those tickets sold out in the presale.

The Couturier Effect 08-20-2013 05:27 PM

I'll be there. Gonna try to get one of my Giroux jerseys signed. Hopefully I can get tickets this time. They sell out so quick.

shipwreck 08-20-2013 05:36 PM

I got a Giroux jersey signed my first year. I am hoping to get his sports action figure package signed, as well as a jersey square I have gotten 8 other signatures on. Only 2 other players I have met (Giroux and Jagr) didn't sign it, as I had something else for them to sign

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...f.jpg~original

DrinkFightFlyers 08-20-2013 05:36 PM

I've always wanted to go but have never made it. Perhaps this is the year...

shipwreck 08-20-2013 07:16 PM

It was not as busy last year as the year before -- with the lock out. (Lot of mad fans, it seems)

The year before, the lines were crazy due to Jagr. I missed the Jagr autograph tickets, but got a Jagr photo ticket. There was some overflow from the autograph line. Five people with pre purchased tickets didn't get their signatures. So, they brought them over to the photo line, before he even sat down.

I was standing right there as he signed, and I asked the lady if I could just give her the photo tickets, and get my stuff signed instead. She allowed it. That was cool to meet him.

I managed to catch him again in Dallas for a jersey to be signed.

funghoul 08-20-2013 09:12 PM

god, i haven't gone to this thing since the 80's. I still have a picture of me and Ron Sutter tho. 1988. Mike bullard wasn't really packing the same star quality punch like Jagr and Giroux. That seems like so long ago but it was 2 seconds before jagr was in the league and dude bangs in 16 goals and 35 pts in 45 games at age a hundred. He's a machine but he's no mike bullard.

pughater 08-20-2013 09:23 PM

i go annually now. hopefully this year the stanley cup will be there again and kimmo doesnt have to leave early, either way should be seeing most of the fly guys in a few weeks

shipwreck 08-21-2013 09:46 AM

I got my flight booked too. Still have airline miles left over from a trip my wife and son took - so, got the ticket covered for free. That's always good.

Now, just need the carnival tickets to go up for sale as well as the game tickets for the boston game the day before. :yo:

pughater 09-11-2013 10:45 AM

carnival tickets for members go on sale today public tomorrow

shipwreck 09-11-2013 11:45 AM

sho nuff. Just waiting for the time.

shipwreck 09-11-2013 11:48 AM

I actually picked up a second one of those Jersey canvases - but one in Orange this time: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wanna get signatures on the old one of players on the team thru last year. Players new to this year - I'm starting a new one. And, I'll bring it to future carnivals in coming years.

pughater 09-11-2013 12:03 PM

ship who are you trying to get this year

shipwreck 09-11-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pughater (Post 71002723)
ship who are you trying to get this year

The only combo I am buying this year is Giroux. I saw him 2 years ago, but missed out on the combo last year. I had him sign a photo and jersey the first time. I want him to sign that canvas jersey square now, and an unopened NHL figure of him.

I wanted to catch Voracek - but he is a combo this year. I really don't care about the photo... So, not gonna get his signature, unfortunately...

Other than that, I am aiming for some players I haven't seen - I already got things signed by many of the big names.. Even met Simmonds 2x and have 6 items signed by him...

I regret passing up Rinaldo last year. I wanna catch him... The Schenn brothers are not a combo this year (they were last year), so I will try to catch both of them...

I 100% for sure wanna get both goalies...

Wanna catch Couterier again too... No pen would work on a puck I had him sign last year - so, 1/2 the autograph sucks. He wouldn't wait for me to pull out another puck from my bag (it was kinda aggravating, actually).

One wild card - I wanna get 1 more jersey signed (I only have room for one more in my home office). I am not sure who I want yet... Grossman or Talbot or someone else. It depends on how they do this season. I have met both of those guys in the past already, though.

And, there some new guys... So, gonna see how they do before I decide...

pughater 09-11-2013 01:10 PM

flood gates open in less than 50 mins

Hollywood Couturier 09-11-2013 01:16 PM

I'll definitely be getting a Lecavalier combo ticket. Unsure if I want to get a Giroux but I knew several people last year that needed one at the end so I might just pick it up and if I don't use it i'll sell it to whoever needs it keeping half the price and donate the other half to the charity.

pughater 09-11-2013 01:20 PM

your a good man hollywood.

shipwreck 09-11-2013 02:03 PM

How can Giroux tickets be sold out 1 minute into it?

Hollywood Couturier 09-11-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shipwreck (Post 71006847)
How can Giroux tickets be sold out 1 minute into it?

Good question.

pughater 09-11-2013 02:06 PM

i wasnt able to get anyone

Hollywood Couturier 09-11-2013 02:09 PM

I got Lecavalier.

shipwreck 09-11-2013 02:12 PM

I got Voracek.... No Giroux. This sucks

pughater 09-11-2013 02:21 PM

on their fb it says limited tickets released today. hopefully the rest will be sold tomorrow for giroux

shipwreck 09-11-2013 02:22 PM

I called comcast tickets - he can't help me. I was just told a limited # was release. Maybe none of the giroux tickets go on sale until tomorrow?

pughater 09-11-2013 02:28 PM

still worth trying bro you never know. round 2 10 am tomorrow. vinny tickets almost sold out

shipwreck 09-11-2013 02:29 PM

Facebook says:

Quote:

The pre-sold allotment for Giroux sold out in record time. In addition to Facebook pre-sales, we also have pre-sales for other groups, including our Flyers season ticket holders. Tickets for Lecavalier are almost out of their allotment. We will have the remaining tickets available for the public on-sale Thursday, Sept. 12 at 10am. I wish we could accommodate everyone, but remember, even if you don't get a ticket for those guys, they'll still be at the Carnival making surprise visits throughout the arena. Thanks everyone!
This really sucks. I mean - come on... In less than 30 seconds? They must have had just a handful, if that....