HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Not All Jets Games On TV This Season (MOD: only applies to preseason games) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1487777)

sting13 08-21-2013 02:43 PM

Not All Jets Games On TV This Season (MOD: only applies to preseason games)

The TV schedule was released and the Jets press release says 3 exhibition games
will be on TV of the 7. Strange because they have 8 games. Either way it doesn't
look like we will see all games this year.

King Woodballs 08-21-2013 02:46 PM

Don't care much about preseason games

Holden Caulfield 08-21-2013 02:47 PM

Most preseason games were not televised in 2011 as well...

sting13 08-21-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield (Post 70396749)
Most preseason games were not televised in 2011 as well...

All pre-season games were televised in 2011. I know, I watched them.
I never missed a game that year.
The only game that wasn't on was the split game in Columbus but it was on-line if you had a shield to block that you were Canadian.

Holden Caulfield 08-21-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sting13 (Post 70397061)
All pre-season games were televised in 2011. I know, I watched them.
I never missed a game that year.
The only game that wasn't on was the split game in Columbus but it was on-line if you had a shield to block that you were Canadian.

The games in carolina and nashville were not televised I think. I remember listening to 1290 for a couple games since I couldnt even find stream.

irunthepeg 08-21-2013 03:01 PM

Had me worried there for a second. I was about to get angry in thinking if I order the Jets channel, I wouldn't get all the games.

Hank Chinaski 08-21-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield (Post 70397199)
The games in carolina and nashville were not televised I think. I remember listening to 1290 for a couple games since I couldnt even find stream.

They were, I distinctly remember watching both of those games on TSN Jets. I remember flipping between the Jets-Preds and Bombers-Argos game, being in awe of having two Winnipeg teams on TV. :laugh:

Only game that wasn't televised that year was the Jackets-Jets split squad game in Columbus.

castle 08-21-2013 03:07 PM

maybe it was because not all the carriers had TSN Jets in their package in time for preseason?

I don't know. I thought they were all on TV too. In any case at least 4 preseason will be televised because that announcement only said 3 woudl be on TSN Jets. the Hockeyville game will definitely be on CBC. There is also a Saturday preseason game that coudl be CBC rather than one of the 3 TSN Jets games. and who knows... maybe the 'real' TSN shows a game as well, like the Saskatoon game against the Bruins.

sting13 08-21-2013 03:07 PM

Looking around and 2 more pre-season games should be on.
TSN main network is covering 1 Jets pre-season game and HNIC is having
Kraft Hockeyville on. So it looks like 5 out 8. Better.
Being a die hard fan, would like the other 3.

sting13 08-21-2013 03:11 PM

TSN will show the Sept. 25th Boston. I hope HNIC would show the game on the
21st but it's in Minnesota. They probably won't send a crew to the US for pre-season.

Holden Caulfield 08-21-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski (Post 70397345)
They were, I distinctly remember watching both of those games on TSN Jets. I remember flipping between the Jets-Preds and Bombers-Argos game, being in awe of having two Winnipeg teams on TV. :laugh:

Only game that wasn't televised that year was the Jackets-Jets split squad game in Columbus.

Huh. My bad.

bigplay41 08-21-2013 04:54 PM

The Columbus split squad game was not televised I thought

TheDeuce 08-21-2013 05:07 PM

I'll look for the positives on this - if it's games at MTS that aren't being televised that might increase interest in the tickets that come up on Seat Exchange. I'm sure that they'll be an easy sell in the regular season but if there's to be a lull in demand the preseason will be it.

m.

pateramus 08-21-2013 05:09 PM

Am I miss understanding this? If I'm buying the Jets channel, I do get all pre-season games right?

King Woodballs 08-21-2013 05:57 PM

By the sounds of it no

wpgsilver 08-21-2013 05:58 PM

Meh.
I OBVIOUSLY want to see all the pre-season games BUT the thread title made me think they weren't televising regular season games.

EKANE9JETS 08-21-2013 05:59 PM

center-ice shows all games pre-season too

King Woodballs 08-21-2013 05:59 PM

Just look the schedule up
The 10:30 am game vs Philly is a Friday
Shibby! I won't miss it then

spades0faces 08-21-2013 06:05 PM

Its only preseason.. yes, it would be nice to watch the younger kids.. But these games mean nothing, i wont lose any sleep over it. If it were regular season.

Also, this thread needs to be changed to just Pre-season, not regular season. People look at the thread title and i guarentee 98% of you thought it was a regular season game.

bodybreak 08-21-2013 08:15 PM

Preseason games don't mean that much to me either, but when you charge full price for pre-season games and $10 a month for your TV channel that has no programming outside of Jets games, you'd think they'd find a way to get all of them on TV.

sting13 08-21-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EKANE9JETS (Post 70402115)

I had Centre Ice for many years and they do not show any pre-season games.
Plus Jets games are always blacked out on Centre Ice anyway.

LadyJet26 08-21-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EKANE9JETS (Post 70402115)

No they don't. Most preseason games aren't covered by even local TV channels.

EKANE9JETS 08-21-2013 11:24 PM

^^^To you both: I'm in the US, I've had center ice for three seasons now, and ALL jets games are aired. I'm almost positive that i have seen pre-season games as well. My memory is somewhat blurred but i want to call it fact. I was in New Jersey prior so i don't know if regions will affect whether all jets games will air here in Atlanta vs Jersey (seeing as it will be my first time with center ice down here). But about the regular season games, in the two seasons i had it in Jersey, not one game was blacked out with center ice. I will follow up about pre-season games once they start but im almost positive i remember getting pumped up for the season watching those games. I would not pay for it if games were blacked out seeing as Jets games are the only reason i get it to begin with.

wpgsilver 08-21-2013 11:35 PM

Pretty sure the only reason Center Ice blacked out Jets games is because a provider in the Jets area was airing the games. If local providers aren't showing the games, theres no reason for Center Ice to black it out.

sting13 08-22-2013 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EKANE9JETS (Post 70410795)
^^^To you both: I'm in the US, I've had center ice for three seasons now, and ALL jets games are aired. I'm almost positive that i have seen pre-season games as well. My memory is somewhat blurred but i want to call it fact. I was in New Jersey prior so i don't know if regions will affect whether all jets games will air here in Atlanta vs Jersey (seeing as it will be my first time with center ice down here). But about the regular season games, in the two seasons i had it in Jersey, not one game was blacked out with center ice. I will follow up about pre-season games once they start but im almost positive i remember getting pumped up for the season watching those games. I would not pay for it if games were blacked out seeing as Jets games are the only reason i get it to begin with.

The games are blacked out in the region you belong. We live in the Jets territory
thus we are blacked out. If you live Jersey than Devil games are blacked out.
It goes with area you live. I've had Centre Ice for 10 years and they have never
had pre-season games aired for any teams.