HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   International Tournaments (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Junior Club World Cup 2013 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1488137)

howlman 08-22-2013 09:13 AM

Junior Club World Cup 2013

Tournament starts this Sunday August 25th in Omsk, Russia.

Anyone know if the games will be livestreamed again this year? Any links?

http://mhl.khl.ru/en/worldcup/

vorky 08-22-2013 09:15 AM

try onhockey.ru Games of Omsk Yastreby should be broadcasted.

cagney 08-23-2013 08:13 AM

Any info regarding exhibition games leading up to the tournament?

The USHL representative Dubuque Fighting Saints lost 4-1 to Krasnaya Armiya from the MHL today in their only scheduled exhibition match.

cska78 08-23-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cagney (Post 70449363)
Any info regarding exhibition games leading up to the tournament?

The USHL representative Dubuque Fighting Saints lost 4-1 to Krasnaya Armiya from the MHL today in their only scheduled exhibition match.

what's the roster turn-over for the Saints from the last year?

cska78 08-23-2013 03:06 PM

does elite prospects have a link to the tournament?

vorky 08-24-2013 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cska78 (Post 70460993)
does elite prospects have a link to the tournament?

if you want rosters, here they are http://webhokej24.sk/euro/ine/startu...ov-osem-krajin

Latgale_fan 08-24-2013 10:09 AM

Обратите внимание!
Вратарь Кристерс Гудлевскис оказался четвертым в списке лучших вратарей регулярного чемпионата-2013. Но особо стоит выделить нападающего Рихарда Букартса, которому на тот момент было всего 17 лет. Он стал вторым бомбардиром команды в «регулярке»: на его счету 35 очков в 62 играх. Любопытно, что старший брат Рихарда играет за рижское «Динамо».
-----------------------------
I wanted to find out what MHL has written about the teams on their official site but when I looked up such information about HK Rīga I lost my enthusiam.

Kristers Gudļevskis was drafted by Tampa Bay Lightning and signed with them, and Rihards Bukarts has moved to WHL. Completely old information and anyone with access to eliteprospects would see that they're not in the team anymore. Who writes these things? The people who do it are not hockey fans I guess...

cagney 08-24-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cska78 (Post 70460887)
what's the roster turn-over for the Saints from the last year?

8 of the 28 players on the current roster played with the team last season. They lost thier top 8 scoring leaders so the team is a pretty much a totally different group from last year. They have a new coaching staff as well with thier previous head coach leaving for an NCAA head coaching position.

cska78 08-24-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cagney (Post 70479321)
8 of the 28 players on the current roster played with the team last season. They lost thier top 8 scoring leaders so the team is a pretty much a totally different group from last year. They have a new coaching staff as well with thier previous head coach leaving for an NCAA head coaching position.

thanks, that's what I thought...people say they looked awful against the Red Army in a friendly, but I do suppose they were hiding their strength a little, plus the brand-new team with the lack of chemistry.

Latgale_fan 08-25-2013 04:35 AM

HK Riga - Dubuque Fighting Saints 5:2

ficohok* 08-25-2013 06:16 AM

Why Sweden sent Frolunda to World Cup instead of their champion ?

Huffman 08-25-2013 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CroHabitant (Post 70499159)

Not sure, but I don't think HV71 would be able to send a better team. Frölunda could send an absolutely stacked team if they wanted to, Collberg, Wennberg, Rydahl, Fernholm, Blidh(?) and Johnson are playing with the senior team instead though. They are still sending a decent team, young but talented.

vorky 08-25-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CroHabitant (Post 70499159)

Decision of swedish federation. Still it does not matter because J20 SuperElit play off is special - final four instead of classic play offs. Btw, Frölunda won regular season (2nd part) , so the team is strong enough.

cagney 08-25-2013 08:37 AM

Dominant day for the MHL winning each of thier games by a large margin. I'm most surpised by the 5-1 win by Dynamo-Shinnik over Sudbury as the latter seemed like they'd be stronger than last year based on their roster. It's early in the tournament but if things continue this way the league is well on it's way to making up for last year's disappointing showing.

cagney 08-26-2013 08:53 AM

Sudbury lost to the Finnish team, HPK, so I believe that all but eliminates them from the play off round. After poor showings the past few years the Finnish entry is finally having some success as they also beat the Swedish entry, Frolunda, yesterday.

I wonder if the poor showing from Sudbury this year will prompt the CHL to send a stronger team next year.

vorky 08-26-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cagney (Post 70523351)
Sudbury lost to the Finnish team, HPK, so I believe that all but eliminates them from the play off round. After poor showings the past few years the Finnish entry is finally having some success as they also beat the Swedish entry, Frolunda, yesterday.

I wonder if the poor showing from Sudbury this year will prompt the CHL to send a stronger team next year.

Would be good. Btw, it was said that NA wants to organise the tourney next year. Dont know if US or CAN.

Hockeyfrilla 08-26-2013 10:33 AM

Why is HPK playing with 5 overage players?

Frölunda, Sudbury and Dubuque are the only with pure junior teams

vorky 08-26-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Возраст участников Турнира – от 17 лет (1996 год рождения) до 20 года (1993 год рождения).
http://mhl.khl.ru/worldcup/?ELEMENT_ID=282116

Age limits, 1996-1993, so you can have unlimited amount of 1993ers.

cska78 08-26-2013 12:05 PM

didn't see the game, but heard HIPK got really lucky to get away with a win

cska78 08-26-2013 12:07 PM

based on this thread, the interest in this tournament tends to 0

cagney 08-26-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cska78 (Post 70527387)
based on this thread, the interest in this tournament tends to 0

A CHL team failing in a tournament like this seems like the type of thing that would generate pages of arguments in the right forum of this board but I doubt anybody even knows the tournament is taking place. The fact that Sudbury is out doesn't seem to have been reported by any Canadian news source yet so perhaps in the next day or two people will bring it up somewhere.

I'd imagine there would be more coverage/interest if the tournament took place in Canada. I think it would be good for the tournament to give that a shot next year.

butter sheep* 08-26-2013 01:57 PM

Found out about this tournament last year. Last year the Wolves went to Russia and won the tournament so I thought well Sudbury isn't very good so the teams must not have been that good. Apparently this year Sudbury came in with fat heads.

cska78 08-26-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moemoe (Post 70530851)
Found out about this tournament last year. Last year the Wolves went to Russia and won the tournament so I thought well Sudbury isn't very good so the teams must not have been that good. Apparently this year Sudbury came in with fat heads.

i heard they had both games at day time, which in Ontario would be in the middle of the night. That was on a russian forum from a russian poster.

butter sheep* 08-26-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cska78 (Post 70531581)
i heard they had both games at day time, which in Ontario would be in the middle of the night. That was on a russian forum from a russian poster.

Oh well thats a good point you make my friend. Didn't know that.

joe89 08-27-2013 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cagney (Post 70528257)
A CHL team failing in a tournament like this seems like the type of thing that would generate pages of arguments in the right forum of this board but I doubt anybody even knows the tournament is taking place. The fact that Sudbury is out doesn't seem to have been reported by any Canadian news source yet so perhaps in the next day or two people will bring it up somewhere.

I'd imagine there would be more coverage/interest if the tournament took place in Canada. I think it would be good for the tournament to give that a shot next year.

I can only speak for myself, but I don't think the nationality thing is strong with club competition in hockey, even if a league vs league comparison could trigger some conversation. I'm basically interested in a few players who might end up on the national teams, but Frölunda as a team?

And yeah, the media coverage just isn't there. The tournament website would be hard to find if it wasn't for this thread. The idea is great but has some ways to go still.