HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   How Good Was Allison? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=149068)

abracanada 07-01-2005 06:51 PM

How Good Was Allison?

A lot of people accuse him of being a poison in the locker room and not that good. What are the fans impressions?

Old Hickory 07-01-2005 06:52 PM

He is a cancer in the locker room, but when healthy the guy is a machine on the ice
Although not together long the Deadmarsh Allison Palffy line was the best line in the NHL. More Potent tha Bertuzzi Morrison Naslund

Mindcircus 07-01-2005 07:01 PM

How was he a cancer exactly? I never heard of any specific incidents. The only thing i remember was the controversy over how serious his concussion was.

On the ice he was a dominant force and that line of Ziggy, Adam, and Jason was unstoppable.

I miss Deadmarsh... :cry:

Ensane 07-01-2005 08:08 PM

Everytime Allison was on the ice to terrorize the Avs (be it as a King or a B) I always saw myself drawing comparisons of him to...*gasp* Peter Forsberg. His ability to delay dishing the puck so he could find a better option was right there alongside #21.

Shame that both have been riddled with injuries throughout their careers.

Ziggy Stardust 07-01-2005 08:25 PM

Allison became an off-ice distraction when he started talking about why there is no reason why the Kings shouldn't qualify him (while he missed more than an entire season).
Reportedly, at a practice, Allison was critical of the teams effort, and supposedly he was asked to leave by team captain Mattias Norstrom.
Allison also voiced his displeasure with the Kings when they were trying some new lines during training camp and had tried Cammy or Frolov on his wing.

There was also the time when Andy Murray expected Allison to be back at some point during the season, which apparently upset Allison. There have been rumblings here and there that Allison was "milking it" but we don't know if that is a fact. The Carolina Hurricanes, who were interested in Allison last summer, wanted to have him tested by their doctors but Allison and his agent declined.

Again, I don't know how much of what has been made public is true, but these are all from reports/rumors we have read in the LA papers.

As for Jason Allison, the hockey player; when healthy he is arguably a top 5-8 center in the NHL. He is one of the strongest players on the puck and can hold his own against some of the toughest defensemen in the NHL. Hell I remember him bowling over Scott Stevens. He also was a big force against the Avalanche during the 2002 playoffs. Unfortunately he got hurt in Game 6 and was playing on one leg in Game 7 where he was ineffective.

There was never a problem with Jason Allison the player (aside from his injuries). The problem with Jason Allison has been the off-ice distractions. If he is healthy (and returns to his old form) and has matured off the ice, he can give the Leafs one of the best 1-2 center combinations in the NHL.

Old Hickory 07-02-2005 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindcircus
How was he a cancer exactly? I never heard of any specific incidents. The only thing i remember was the controversy over how serious his concussion was.

To put it gently, He is quite the primadonna and not liked by his team mates....at all.

Reaper45 07-02-2005 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
To put it gently, He is quite the primadonna and not liked by his team mates....at all.

Not only that, but the guy is an ass to the fans.

Tadite 07-02-2005 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abracanada
A lot of people accuse him of being a poison in the locker room and not that good. What are the fans impressions?

Allsion was a legit 1st line power forward center. Much of the hate you get about the guy is because once he got injuried he got really injuried. People could just not believe that both he and Deader had career ending head trauma in the same year. So you got a lot of crap about how Allison must be faking it... Turns out to be not true as he is still out of the game.

Capn Brown 07-02-2005 01:27 PM

When healthy, Allison produced approximately 1.5 points per game.

Unfortunately, while under contract with the Kings, Allison played in approximately 1 out of 3 games!

Albi 07-02-2005 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadite
Allsion was a legit 1st line power forward center. Much of the hate you get about the guy is because once he got injuried he got really injuried. People could just not believe that both he and Deader had career ending head trauma in the same year. So you got a lot of crap about how Allison must be faking it... Turns out to be not true as he is still out of the game.

Nobody here questions the fact that when he was healthy he was a dominating center, his numbers speak for themselves. I don't think he was faking anything, but everybody has the right to doubt it, at least in the 2nd part of the 2003-04 season. About one thing you can be sure though: he is, he's been and he will always be a locker-room cancer and a 1st class A-hole. Period.

Tadite 07-02-2005 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albi
Nobody here questions the fact that when he was healthy he was a dominating center, his numbers speak for themselves. I don't think he was faking anything, but everybody has the right to doubt it, at least in the 2nd part of the 2003-04 season. About one thing you can be sure though: he is, he's been and he will always be a locker-room cancer and a 1st class A-hole. Period.

Thats the other thing about Allison. It was only after he got hurt did we get all these rumors about how much of a bad guy he was. Seemed to all come from the fans. Personally I think it was because of our disaponted everyone was that the whole Deader, Allison, Palffy line never really got a chance to show how good it could have been. A healthy team in a couple of those years could have gone deep into the playoffs.

Reaper45 07-02-2005 08:54 PM

Quote:

Thats the other thing about Allison. It was only after he got hurt did we get all these rumors about how much of a bad guy he was. Seemed to all come from the fans. Personally I think it was because of our disaponted everyone was that the whole Deader, Allison, Palffy line never really got a chance to show how good it could have been. A healthy team in a couple of those years could have gone deep into the playoffs.

Look at Allison's track record. He wore out his welcome in Washington, Boston, and L.A., I wonder why?

Tadite 07-02-2005 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
Look at Allison's track record. He wore out his welcome in Washington, Boston, and L.A., I wonder why?

Washington he was just a prospect he didn't even play a whole season with them they used used him to get a 1st line center. Boston liked him as did its fans. Remember how pissed they were when he got traded? Boston just happens to be run by a skin-flint and the owner didn't want to spend the money to keep him. Personality was never mentioned.

As for the Kings. Dudes career is over. He didn't want to admite it and got angry. Nothing strange about that.

I Am Ziggy Palffy 07-03-2005 12:21 AM

i also think a lot of the resentment from Kings fans were just due to the frustrating injury situation for 2 straight seasons....we dressed 45 skaters in one season! Thats going through a whole lineup, FW and D, twice!

Then the fans sees one of their star players sitting out for the year with an injury no one really knows much about. Add to that the shady reputation allison already had prior to the injury only made things worse.

King'sPawn 07-03-2005 01:06 AM

Quote:

Or maybe when many were happy with his production, they were willing to look the other way?

leafaholix* 07-03-2005 06:33 AM

Maybe he didn't like LA?

Albi 07-03-2005 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avid_leaf_guy
Maybe he didn't like LA?

Oh sure, LA's really a crappy place...ugly beaches, ugly sun...it's like hell.

And I guess he'll really like Toronto, eh buddy?

leafaholix* 07-03-2005 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albi
Oh sure, LA's really a crappy place...ugly beaches, ugly sun...it's like hell.

And I guess he'll really like Toronto, eh buddy?

Firstly, I meant the hockey situation.

As for him liking Toronto, well... yes... he spends his offseason a couple hours away from here.

Mxpunk 07-03-2005 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Allison became an off-ice distraction when he started talking about why there is no reason why the Kings shouldn't qualify him (while he missed more than an entire season).
Reportedly, at a practice, Allison was critical of the teams effort, and supposedly he was asked to leave by team captain Mattias Norstrom.
Allison also voiced his displeasure with the Kings when they were trying some new lines during training camp and had tried Cammy or Frolov on his wing.

There was also the time when Andy Murray expected Allison to be back at some point during the season, which apparently upset Allison. There have been rumblings here and there that Allison was "milking it" but we don't know if that is a fact. The Carolina Hurricanes, who were interested in Allison last summer, wanted to have him tested by their doctors but Allison and his agent declined.

Again, I don't know how much of what has been made public is true, but these are all from reports/rumors we have read in the LA papers.

As for Jason Allison, the hockey player; when healthy he is arguably a top 5-8 center in the NHL. He is one of the strongest players on the puck and can hold his own against some of the toughest defensemen in the NHL. Hell I remember him bowling over Scott Stevens. He also was a big force against the Avalanche during the 2002 playoffs. Unfortunately he got hurt in Game 6 and was playing on one leg in Game 7 where he was ineffective.

There was never a problem with Jason Allison the player (aside from his injuries). The problem with Jason Allison has been the off-ice distractions. If he is healthy (and returns to his old form) and has matured off the ice, he can give the Leafs one of the best 1-2 center combinations in the NHL.

Don't forget that he has a history of contract squabbles with management in Boston, and this was also reflected when he was upset the Kings wouldn't qualify him....It's too bad because there was a point when I truly believed the LAPD line was one of the NHL's best at the time, and I could see Allison as an on-ice leader/assistant captain...Oh well!

Also, as previously stated, he is not very cordial to fans...

The mitchrock 07-05-2005 12:59 PM

Allison wasn't healthy enough physically or mentally to be good here in LA.

Hussar 07-05-2005 10:41 PM

sorry when allison bashing gets a little carried away i get a little mad. have any of you haters ever met the guy? i have. he worked charity for the company i work for. i guess he probably cared for his body and took the time out he needed, even as he was still reeling with nasea and vertigo, he made sure he took time out for kids.

yeah a-holes always give money to the needy, or less fortunate, or abused.

team cancers make sure they make tours of so cal hockey rinks. yes, he showed up in yorba linda and aliso viejo. he took time to show my son (4) how to make a stop. he thought it was great that i had him skating that early and said he wishes he started that early. (he might be a better skater) ;) Man, hes such a jerk to fans, who does he think he is talking people like that?

give me a break, alot of these accusations are completely ridiculous. lets make stuff up and then well start believing it because we say it to each other enough.

GoneFullHextall 07-05-2005 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
Firstly, I meant the hockey situation.

As for him liking Toronto, well... yes... he spends his offseason a couple hours away from here.

of course everyone wants to play in Toronto

Tadite 07-05-2005 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PuckNutz
sorry when allison bashing gets a little carried away i get a little mad. have any of you haters ever met the guy? i have. he worked charity for the company i work for. i guess he probably cared for his body and took the time out he needed, even as he was still reeling with nasea and vertigo, he made sure he took time out for kids.

team cancers make sure they make tours of so cal hockey rinks. yes, he showed up in yorba linda and aliso viejo. he took time to show my son (4) how to make a stop. he thought it was great that i had him skating that early and said he wishes he started that early. (he might be a better skater) ;) Man, hes such a jerk to fans, who does he think he is talking people like that?

give me a break, alot of these accusations are completely ridiculous. lets make stuff up and then well start believing it because we say it to each other enough.

Good post and good point.

AnThGrt 07-05-2005 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PuckNutz

Completelly agree its called rumors and gossip one person says something and it just gets carried WAY out of context till its like now where everyone complains about him - I have talked to him too and he was always nice and willing to give tips or just have a convo