HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Which Habs Prospect are ready for the big league!? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1490833)

Felix Perreault 08-28-2013 07:21 PM

Which Habs Prospect are ready for the big league!?
 
I think it would be nice to have some opinion on the prospect we have in term of when will they be nhl ready (Poor english, sorry)

My opinion,

Forward:

Collberg: 2014-2015
De La Rose: 2015-2016
McCarron: 2015-2016
Hudon: 2015-2016
Bozon: 2015-2016
Lehkonen: 2016-2017
Andrighetto: 2016-2017
Bournival: 2013-2014
Holland: 2015-2016
Reway: 2017-2018

Defense:

Jared Tinordi: 2013-2014
Nathan Beaulieu: 2014-2015
Morgan Ellis: 2016-2017
Magnus Nygren: 2014-2015
Darren Dietz: 2015-2016
Mac Bennett: 2015-2016
Dalton Thrower: 2016-2017

Goalie:

Zach Fucale 2017-2018


What's your opinion ??

I did this very fast and it's hard so i'm open to listening your tought !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@depisteur_lnh

NewHabsEra* 08-29-2013 12:23 AM

No one own a crystal ball.. Galchenyuk made the NHL at 18 years old after suffering a terrible injury.. Very wise were the ones who predicted Gallagher would develop so quickly and would do so well with the Habs so soon.. I think its too soon for our recently drafted prospects to make a projection, they will have to prove themself in the upcoming season just like guys like Bozon Hudon Dietz Nygren did after their draft year.. Outside of Galchenyuk, every prospects will eventually have to prove themself at the AHL level, what is the ultimate test before joining the Habs... Considering we have 8 defensemen under contract, the deduction is easy to do, both Tinordi and Beaulieu will spend another year with Hamilton, they will be lucky if they play a couple of games with the habs this year... Up front well, There was a report on TVA sport no long ago on Bournival saying the Habs asked him to get stronger, change his skating strides and get more explosive, well the guy apparently worked extremmely hard in the off season to the point where he believes in his chances to make the club this year.. He looked pretty good in the videos they showed.. So if White cant handle the fourth line center spot, I think Bournival could be a real possibility.. Hopefully Leblanc is in the same mood and plan to come at camp with hunger attitude.. But again, the roster is basically set and both Bournival and Leblanc still need to prove alot at the AHL level...

habs03 08-29-2013 01:11 AM

Like NewHabsEra said, you really never know, I thought Gallagher would need all of last year and all of this year in the AHL to be ready, but look at what he did last year.

IMO the easy ones is Tinordi being ready to start the year in Mtl, and Beaulieu being ready by mid to late season, I think Beaulieu like Tinordi did this year ends the year in Mtl somehow.

dackelljuneaubulis02 08-29-2013 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felix Perreault (Post 70602257)
I think it would be nice to have some opinion on the prospect we have in term of when will they be nhl ready (Poor english, sorry)

My opinion,

Forward:

Collberg: 2014-2015
De La Rose: 2015-2016
McCarron: 2015-2016
Hudon: 2015-2016
Bozon: 2015-2016
Lehkonen: 2016-2017
Andrighetto: 2016-2017
Bournival: 2013-2014
Holland: 2015-2016
Reway: 2017-2018

Defense:

Jared Tinordi: 2013-2014
Nathan Beaulieu: 2014-2015
Morgan Ellis: 2016-2017
Magnus Nygren: 2014-2015
Darren Dietz: 2015-2016
Mac Bennett: 2015-2016
Dalton Thrower: 2016-2017

Goalie:

Zach Fucale 2017-2018


What's your opinion ??

I did this very fast and it's hard so i'm open to listening your tought !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@depisteur_lnh

I think you pretty much answered your own question. Your timelines seem right. If we already didn't have the smallest top 9 in history then Thomas would have a real shot this year.

The Dogs may or may not be good this year but damn it's going to be fun keeping track of all the players' progress'. Even more fun in '14-15. and the year after and the year after...

25get 08-29-2013 03:15 AM

2013-14 has Collberg, Leblanc, Thomas and Tinordi in line.
2014-15 has Lekhonen, Nygren, Beaulieu and Hudon would could make our line-up.
(Bournival, Dietz, Holland and Thomas could all surprise).
2015-16: McCarron, DeLarose, Bennet, Andrighetto, Ellis, Didier, Crisp and Reway.

Short term: Tinordi, Beaulieu and Collberg are the players who can play NHL right now.
Thomas is a wild card: he could follow a Conacher path.

JonathanToews19clutc* 08-29-2013 03:20 AM

Sebastian Collberg is the most talented and ready (Tinordi too) prospect for the Habs :nod:

Lehkonen and Andrighetto too are talented :) but not ready like Collberg.


Tinordi = AHL this season, (maybe play game in the NHL too).
Beaulieu = AHL.

Both are ready for 2014-2015.

Pierre Dagenais 08-29-2013 07:58 AM

Collberg is not NHL ready.

vokiel 08-29-2013 08:21 AM

Too optimistic to my taste. Most of the forwards you list I don't even see in the NHL without some serious fighting for a spot. Bournival in 2013-2014 for example is very optimistic given the amount of centres that are currently in front of him in the depth chart.

I don't even see Holland, Reway & Andrighetto making it within the habs organization. The forward that has the most chances of getting a spot early is McCarron because of a very pressing need on the right wing. Bozon & Hudon are going to suffer from the fact that we have an abundance of left shooting forwards. And please, Lehkonen is very very far from the NHL at this moment if he's ever going to make it. He needs some serious bulking up. Finally, Collberg isn't NHL ready. Not after 2 games played on north American ice on a try out. 2014-2015 is a year or 2 too early.

The picture is much brighter for our defensive prospects with Tinordi & Beaulieu knocking on the door this year and Ellis hopefully in the next 2 seasons. Being right handed should help him.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* 08-29-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais (Post 70614933)
Collberg is not NHL ready.

Bergevin said Collberg was most NHL ready than we might thought.

Habsoil 08-29-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felix Perreault (Post 70602257)
I think it would be nice to have some opinion on the prospect we have in term of when will they be nhl ready (Poor english, sorry)

My opinion,

Forward:

Collberg: 2014-2015
De La Rose: 2015-2016
McCarron: 2015-2016
Hudon: 2015-2016
Bozon: 2015-2016
Lehkonen: 2016-2017
Andrighetto: 2016-2017
Bournival: 2013-2014
Holland: 2015-2016
Reway: 2017-2018

Defense:

Jared Tinordi: 2013-2014
Nathan Beaulieu: 2014-2015
Morgan Ellis: 2016-2017
Magnus Nygren: 2014-2015
Darren Dietz: 2015-2016
Mac Bennett: 2015-2016
Dalton Thrower: 2016-2017

Goalie:

Zach Fucale 2017-2018


What's your opinion ??

I did this very fast and it's hard so i'm open to listening your tought !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@depisteur_lnh

Tinordi, beaulieu, colberg, mccarron, De La Rose.
First 5 that become permanent fixtures in Mtl.
Your gonna love DLR

LePoche69 08-29-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxHabs24 (Post 70617717)
Bergevin said Collberg was most NHL ready than we might thought.

Lapointe, Bergevin and Timmins all said, at some point, that Collberg is close of being NHL ready. That doesn't mean he's ready. And who says he'll be able to make the adjustments to be "full ready"? We never know (that said, I do think he'll make the adjustments).

overlords 08-29-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxHabs24 (Post 70617717)
Bergevin said Collberg was most NHL ready than we might thought.

I actually heard this a few times in the last several days. Where did he say it? Was it in an article? I must have missed it. Big Collberg fan.

LePoche69 08-29-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vokiel (Post 70615259)
Too optimistic to my taste. Most of the forwards you list I don't even see in the NHL without some serious fighting for a spot. Bournival in 2013-2014 for example is very optimistic given the amount of centres that are currently in front of him in the depth chart.

I don't even see Holland, Reway & Andrighetto making it within the habs organization. The forward that has the most chances of getting a spot early is McCarron because of a very pressing need on the right wing. Bozon & Hudon are going to suffer from the fact that we have an abundance of left shooting forwards. And please, Lehkonen is very very far from the NHL at this moment if he's ever going to make it. He needs some serious bulking up. Finally, Collberg isn't NHL ready. Not after 2 games played on north American ice on a try out. 2014-2015 is a year or 2 too early.

The picture is much brighter for our defensive prospects with Tinordi & Beaulieu knocking on the door this year and Ellis hopefully in the next 2 seasons. Being right handed should help him.

That seems pretty reasonnable to me. And Dumont is way more ready than every name listed in this thread until now.

Habsterix* 08-29-2013 10:43 AM

I would say that Jarred Tinordi is definitely NHL ready, in a somewhat restricted role, kind of like what they did with Galchenyuk last year.

Close second/third would be Nathan Beaulieu and Gabriel Dumont.

Of course, you can have surprises at camp but they're usually few and far between. Based on his age and production, Christian Thomas might be one of them but I have never heard much about him, let alone watched him play. And while I know many have started to write-off Louis Leblanc, he's also a candidate in spite of his tough season last year.

zzoo 08-29-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxHabs24 (Post 70617717)
Bergevin said Collberg was most NHL ready than we might thought.

Agreed.
Last year, after following Dogs in the first few months, I thought Gallagher and Tinordi weren't ready for NHL.

Collberg may not excel in NHL right now, but maybe he could play just fine.

kingdok 08-29-2013 11:10 AM

Dumont, Tinordi and Bournival are the closest. Then Leblanc and Beaulieu. Leblanc could surprise if he has a good start in Hamilton.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* 08-29-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 70617983)
I actually heard this a few times in the last several days. Where did he say it? Was it in an article? I must have missed it. Big Collberg fan.

I think he said that during an event that I can't remember what it was for, during the summer.
But I read it in a thread on this website, so don't mark my words about what he said is 100% true.

Beaker 08-29-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 70617983)
I actually heard this a few times in the last several days. Where did he say it? Was it in an article? I must have missed it. Big Collberg fan.

A poster heard it through a friend, who was at a supper, who spoke with Bergevin and asked who his favourite prospect was. Bergevin said Collberg was closer to NHL-ready than we thought, and to keep an eye on him. That's what I remember reading. So yeah... obviously it must be legit.

Tyson 08-29-2013 07:53 PM

Beaulieu and Tinordi are the most ready. Collberg may surprise next season.
De La Rose is going to be a great player in 2 years. He will be bigger and ready.

I read a lot of people on these boards who are critical of Nathan B. The kid is IMO the most talented prospect in the organization.

S Bah 08-29-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsterix (Post 70618491)
I would say that Jarred Tinordi is definitely NHL ready, in a somewhat restricted role, kind of like what they did with Galchenyuk last year.

Close second/third would be Nathan Beaulieu and Gabriel Dumont.

Of course, you can have surprises at camp but they're usually few and far between. Based on his age and production, Christian Thomas might be one of them but I have never heard much about him, let alone watched him play. And while I know many have started to write-off Louis Leblanc, he's also a candidate in spite of his tough season last year.

These are the "Elite Prospects" that are expected to succeed, add Bournival to them he's the one we got back from Que... er Colorado. :nod:

Jay Wolf 08-29-2013 09:31 PM

So much can happen at training camp. Hell, McCarron might show up possessed and win himself a spot. I'm not saying it's likely, but with his body type and the role he plays, it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Barring that, I'm looking at Tinordi and Beaulieu to be regulars by the end of the season and Dumont, Andrighetto and Thomas making a push.

Player 61 08-29-2013 09:33 PM

None!!!! Tinordi is the closest. Rest need to grow through the system. Beaulieu maybe later in year.....

Edit: Forgot Dumont, IMO he is actually there now, but as a spare is a waste, 1st call-up for bottom forward injury!

25get 08-29-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaker (Post 70622409)
A poster heard it through a friend, who was at a supper, who spoke with Bergevin and asked who his favourite prospect was. Bergevin said Collberg was closer to NHL-ready than we thought, and to keep an eye on him. That's what I remember reading. So yeah... obviously it must be legit.

Nope. I heard it on either RDS or 98.5.
I think it was on draft day.

25get 08-29-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Player 61 (Post 70637837)
None!!!! Tinordi is the closest. Rest need to grow through the system. Beaulieu maybe later in year.....

Edit: Forgot Dumont, IMO he is actually there now, but as a spare is a waste, 1st call-up for bottom forward injury!

As both already played in NHL I think they were not part of the picture.

Lapointe also said that Collberg was very near NHL in an article on La Presse (Brunet I think).

Kobe Armstrong 08-29-2013 10:00 PM

my bold prediction is nygren plays in the NHL this year


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.