HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   QMJHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Hockey Quebec Pee Wee and Bantam AAA PartII (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1491189)

Hawk65 08-29-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RBZ (Post 70626639)
you think LSL South peewee AA is going to be competitive? They lost 2 combined games of 18-0 against a team who they themselves lost to Outaouais 10-0.

The whole AA league will be a joke.


The only reason why things are the way they is simple. Too many parents opted out and did not bother to continue in the process because they based their decisions on rumors. If those who were cut from AAA went to AA, I'm sure you wouldn't see what you're seeing now.

Canadiens1958 08-29-2013 03:47 PM

Hockey Quebec Pee Wee and Bantam AAA PartII
 
Please continue the discussion here.

Old thread left click here:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1266761

Note at the 1,000 +/- post mark threads are closed and a PartII thread continues.

IHaveNoCreativity 08-29-2013 06:51 PM

Cool my thread went well all the way.


It's preseason, our teams still have 2 round of cuts to be made. You want to judge how they will do based on them having 50% of the kids who they're sending down ?

Go ahead.

letthekidsplay 08-29-2013 10:13 PM

Heard that Lac St Louis north had called an emergency meeting tonight. Many problems to sort out.

Just for fun, went to see the Peewee AAA game tonight in DDO. LSL played against Conquerants. Conquerants out shot LSL 56-5 and the game finished 8-1. Score could have been easily 15-1. By the way, LSL scored off the stick of a Conquerant defence. Mr. Isabella will be earning his 10k this winter. A lot of work ahead.

Thebesthockey 08-29-2013 10:21 PM

be glad it was only 8-1

not even the complete team showed

..anyways as excpected

wait till you hit Gatineau

letthekidsplay 08-29-2013 10:27 PM

The Conquerant team was playing with 2/3 of its regular roster.This was confirmed to me after discussing with Patrick Poulin. On the other hand, LSL had a full roster minus a goalie and a peewee CC player from last year.

No wonder the LSL coaching staffs are going back to the respective associations' BB tryouts to find players.

Parents are starting to question their 2500- 4500$ investment for the upcoming year.

RBZ 08-29-2013 10:52 PM

you guys have seen nothing yet.

Conquerant will go undefeated. League will be so dumb this year.

IHaveNoCreativity 08-30-2013 09:02 AM

Peewee AAA North isn't made yet.

Nice comparisons being made here.

Hawk65 08-30-2013 09:09 AM

Last minute meetings, coaches going to BB tryouts to seek players etc.. All this could have been avoided if the program, process and plans were properly explained. Town hall meeting would have been, at the very least, expected before the pre-camp. T

here were too many unknowns, too many rumors with no substance, and too many parents of talented players who believed the rumors, instead of staying the course.

Hawk65 08-30-2013 09:46 AM

Furthermore, I find it hard to believe that given the size of the regions, with DDO, DR, and VO, we do not have the talent pool to put together a competitive AAA and AA, with the AA being comprised of 50-50 ratio between 1st and 2nd year players. Think about it.

stuggatz42 08-30-2013 02:52 PM

Any word on the LSL emergency meeting yesterday???

hab 4ever 08-30-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letthekidsplay (Post 70638975)
Heard that Lac St Louis north had called an emergency meeting tonight. Many problems to sort out.

Just for fun, went to see the Peewee AAA game tonight in DDO. LSL played against Conquerants. Conquerants out shot LSL 56-5 and the game finished 8-1. Score could have been easily 15-1. By the way, LSL scored off the stick of a Conquerant defence. Mr. Isabella will be earning his 10k this winter. A lot of work ahead.

That the team XP and SP play on? Probably top two 2001s in the province by a wide margin

PorkChopSandwiches 08-30-2013 10:19 PM

You know, if you simply take the best player available at each level, it will work out perfectly for the teams and the player development. No need to save room for developing first year kids and politics are cast aside.

Hawk65 09-02-2013 10:51 AM

The PW AAA was made last night. There were 4-5 cuts made, and so far only one player has opted to go to report to AA. The AA team took another beating.....They lost 10-1 and were out shot at least 45 to 10. They seriously lack defense and speed up front.

The AA program should have been comprised of 50-50 ratio and it should have been communicated that way from the top. The program is being undermined by a few parents and coaches who seem to have the ear of the majority of parents in their region.

IHaveNoCreativity 09-02-2013 05:27 PM

I'm not worried.

Hawk65 09-02-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 70736815)
I'm not worried.

Sounds like you know something the rest of us don't.

Thebesthockey 09-02-2013 08:40 PM

Ill take $50, saying that was a sarcastic remark..?

IHaveNoCreativity 09-03-2013 07:02 AM

I was at the games, they were playing teams that are basically made.

Everyone else is just ignoring it.

Canadiens1958 09-03-2013 07:47 AM

Feeder Associations
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 70749699)
I was at the games, they were playing teams that are basically made.

Everyone else is just ignoring it.

Also a question of the diversity and number of feeder associations. Greater the number, longer it takes to build a team.

IHaveNoCreativity 09-03-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadiens1958 (Post 70750169)
Also a question of the diversity and number of feeder associations. Greater the number, longer it takes to build a team.

It takes a coach to truly understand this whole process.

Hawk65 09-03-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 70758531)
It takes a coach to truly understand this whole process.


It takes communication. The SIL AAA/AA program has been undermined by a certain few, including other coaches who somehow decided to share their views, when they should have remained quiet and let the process work it self out.

If you committed to the program from the start, you should stick with it until the end and not halfway. There are many talented players who should be playing at AA.

In other towns, if you get sent to AA from AAA and opt not to show up, you automatically go to single letters. The choice whether or not to sign up for AAA/AA is made from the beginning, not halfway. This is what undermines the process.

IHaveNoCreativity 09-03-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk65 (Post 70763415)
It takes communication. The SIL AAA/AA program has been undermined by a certain few, including other coaches who somehow decided to share their views, when they should have remained quiet and let the process work it self out.

If you committed to the program from the start, you should stick with it until the end and not halfway. There are many talented players who should be playing at AA.

In other towns, if you get sent to AA from AAA and opt not to show up, you automatically go to single letters. The choice whether or not to sign up for AAA/AA is made from the beginning, not halfway. This is what undermines the process.

I couldn't agree more well said.

GinoCyber* 09-03-2013 10:42 PM

Back at the OK Corral, BAAA city delayed the final cuts yet again. This time, they are supposed to cut on Thursday but me thinks they will delay again because of the religous holidays on Thursday. Most or all of the Jewish kids will not be able to attend Thursday's game. This would leave the cuts to be delayed to Friday which is an away game and they do not cut on away games.

hab 4ever 09-03-2013 11:45 PM

Conquérants Bantam AAA thus far in preseason games:

33 goals for
8 goals against

Only three first year players (1 goalie, 1 D and 1 F), all of whom were identified as being amongst Québec's top peewee players in annual Journal de Montréal list last winter.

RBZ 09-04-2013 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hab 4ever (Post 70774451)
Conquérants Bantam AAA thus far in preseason games:

33 goals for
8 goals against

Only three first year players (1 goalie, 1 D and 1 F), all of whom were identified as being amongst Québec's top peewee players in annual Journal de Montréal list last winter.

went to 3 of their games so far.....they are untouchable. they have 7 superstars up front who could each be the best player on most other teams.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.