HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Brandon Manning signed (Two-way contract, reported NHL salary of $675,000) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1491233)

MiamiScreamingEagles 08-29-2013 06:04 PM

Brandon Manning signed (Two-way contract, reported NHL salary of $675,000)
 
Quote:

The Flyers signed restricted free agent defenseman Brandon Manning to a one-year contract today. It is a two-way contract. The Flyers now have 49 players under contract. The maximum is 50.

Manning worked out off ice in Voorhees, N.J. today.

Manning, 23, was an AHL all-star last season for the Adirondack Phantoms. He had six goals and 15 assists for 21 points in 65 games with the Phantoms, where he was an alternate captain.

Manning also played six games with the Flyers last season, picking up two assists.

He has played 10 games with the Flyers over the past two seasons. He was signed as an undrafted free agent in the spring of 2011.
http://flyers.nhl.com/club/blogpost....id=DL|PHI|home
--------------------------

Quote:

Restricted free agent Brandon Manning has finally signed a contract with the Flyers -- nearly two months after he officially became an RFA.

The Flyers announced the deal late Thursday but, as is their policy, terms were not disclosed. We do know that it's a one-year deal. Manning, a 23-year old-defenseman, has played 10 games for the Flyers including six last season.

We have him pegged as the Phantoms top defenseman heading into the 2013-14 season, a distinction he'll probably lose to somebody like Marc-Andre Bourdon once training camp ends. Manning represents the organization's 49th contract, of which they are allowed 50. Goalie Anthony Stolarz will come off that list thanks to the slide rule once the season starts, and unless Scott Laughton makes the team (a possibility), he'll come off as well.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...th_Flyers.html

Source: Travis Hughes, SBNation

flyersfan018 08-29-2013 06:29 PM

Interesting...

Hockeypete49 08-29-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles (Post 70631595)
http://flyers.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=19833&navid=DL|PHI|home

Nice. Good luck young man. I am pulling for you.
Thanks MSE.

flyersfan28 08-29-2013 08:03 PM

right now the defense is probably:

coburn-streit
schenn-timonen
meszaros-grossman
do you think manning play a game this years?

The Dream 08-29-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersfan28 (Post 70635069)
right now the defense is probably:

coburn-streit
schenn-timonen
meszaros-grossman
do you think manning play a game this years?

I will be pissed if Gustafsson does not start the season with the Flyers. In my opinion it should be

Timonen - Schenn
Coburn - Gustafsson
Grossman - Streit

flyersfan28 08-29-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tpinheiro4 (Post 70635413)
I will be pissed if Gustafsson does not start the season with the Flyers. In my opinion it should be

Timonen - Schenn
Coburn - Gustafsson
Grossman - Streit

no roster spot for mezsaros? i think he bounce back this years
unless trading him now with no trade value.

The Dream 08-29-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersfan28 (Post 70636131)
no roster spot for mezsaros? i think he bounce back this years
unless trading him now with no trade value.

I understand that... We do have a serious jam don't we. :( :help:

Gustafsson is really turning into a solid player and not putting him in the lineup will really hinder his development.

While I agree with you as well, if Meszaros can get back to form we can either trade him or keep him. But, if that happened his value would be close to Coburn. And reportedly the Flyers wanted EDM's 7th overall pick and a prospect.

I guess the Flyers could rotate the 7 defenseman, but that might hurt the pairings chemistry. If we are lucky Meszaros will put up 25+ points (assuming rotation), Coburn plays well and puts up 20+ points, and Grossmann plays well. If that happens Meszaros could be traded for a late first rounder, Coburn will be worth a mid-early first rounder, and Grossmann will be worth a second round pick. Of course I hope we don't trade all of them for picks, I am just using this as a value guide.

Maybe the Rangers will not resign Girardi, that would be nice and we add him too our group.

The Dream 08-29-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersfan28 (Post 70636131)
no roster spot for mezsaros? i think he bounce back this years
unless trading him now with no trade value.

I understand that... We do have a serious jam don't we. :( :help:

Gustafsson is really turning into a solid player and not putting him in the lineup will really hinder his development.

While I agree with you as well, if Meszaros can get back to form we can either trade him or keep him. But, if that happened his value would be close to Coburn. And reportedly the Flyers wanted EDM's 7th overall pick and a prospect.

I guess the Flyers could rotate the 7 defenseman, but that might hurt the pairings chemistry. If we are lucky Meszaros will put up 25+ points (assuming rotation), Coburn plays well and puts up 20+ points, and Grossmann plays well. If that happens Meszaros could be traded for a late first rounder, Coburn will be worth a mid-early first rounder, and Grossmann will be worth a second round pick. Of course I hope we don't trade all of them for picks, I am just using this as a value guide.

Maybe the Rangers will not resign Girardi, that would be nice.

LegionOfDoom91 08-29-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tpinheiro4 (Post 70637027)
I understand that... We do have a serious jam don't we. :( :help:

Gustafsson is really turning into a solid player and not putting him in the lineup will really hinder his development.

While I agree with you as well, if Meszaros can get back to form we can either trade him or keep him. But, if that happened his value would be close to Coburn. And reportedly the Flyers wanted EDM's 7th overall pick and a prospect.

I guess the Flyers could rotate the 7 defenseman, but that might hurt the pairings chemistry. If we are lucky Meszaros will put up 25+ points (assuming rotation), Coburn plays well and puts up 20+ points, and Grossmann plays well. If that happens Meszaros could be traded for a late first rounder, Coburn will be worth a mid-early first rounder, and Grossmann will be worth a second round pick. Of course I hope we don't trade all of them for picks, I am just using this as a value guide.

Maybe the Rangers will not resign Girardi, that would be nice and we add him too our group.

Coburn's the only one out of those three that would fetch a first or second rounder right now. Meszaros was initially traded for a second & done nothing to increase his value since then.

Girardi's another defensive defensemen, assuming Coburn, Schenn, & Grossmann are back there's no point of pursuing him next offseason.

JVR21 08-29-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 (Post 70637483)
Coburn's the only one out of those three that would fetch a first or second rounder right now. Meszaros was initially traded for a second & done nothing to increase his value since then.

Girardi's another defensive defensemen, assuming Coburn, Schenn, & Grossmann are back there's no point of pursuing him next offseason.

Well, if it wasn't for his injuries... He was voted the Flyers best defenseman 2 years ago.

sa cyred 08-29-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVR21 (Post 70638445)
Well, if it wasn't for his injuries... He was voted the Flyers best defenseman 2 years ago.

Eh I proved it before though, even though he won it, he faced the 2nd easiest opponents out of our regular top 6. Anytime he played top 4 he got destroyed.

Guy is an average defender at best. The difference between him and Gustafsson are small at best. Only reason people choose Mez is because he is a "vet".

LegionOfDoom91 08-29-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVR21 (Post 70638445)
Well, if it wasn't for his injuries... He was voted the Flyers best defenseman 2 years ago.

It was three years ago actually & injuries are a factor when determining trade value.

Kevin Danko 08-30-2013 07:10 AM

Bringing this back on track, good for Manning. He hasn't looked horribly out of place when hes gotten called up. In fact if i remember correctly when he finally got called up last year people said he had a rough time in the AHL up til then. When he got the call up he looked fine.

Hopefully he keeps learning and battling, you always hear about the hardwork that guys like Lauridsen, Alt, and Gustafson have been putting out this off season but you never hear much about Manning.

Would be great for the organization if he can push for a roster spot the next couple seasons.

Larry44 08-30-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevindank (Post 70645625)
Bringing this back on track, good for Manning. He hasn't looked horribly out of place when hes gotten called up. In fact if i remember correctly when he finally got called up last year people said he had a rough time in the AHL up til then. When he got the call up he looked fine.

Hopefully he keeps learning and battling, you always hear about the hardwork that guys like Lauridsen, Alt, and Gustafson have been putting out this off season but you never hear much about Manning.

Would be great for the organization if he can push for a roster spot the next couple seasons.

Manning has one more year to prove he's an NHL calibre player. I'm not sure he'll ever crack the Flyer roster. Realistically, assuming Mesz is not re-upped, there is still no room for him in the lineup, even if Kimmo doesn't come back. Lauridsen has already passed him on the depth chart, Alt will probably do so this year.

If Manning doesn't progress this year, they will probably just let him go by not qualifying him next year.

RJ8812 08-30-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa cyred (Post 70638959)
Eh I proved it before though, even though he won it, he faced the 2nd easiest opponents out of our regular top 6. Anytime he played top 4 he got destroyed.

Guy is an average defender at best. The difference between him and Gustafsson are small at best. Only reason people choose Mez is because he is a "vet".

please stop talking sense on these boards!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.