HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   HFDucks Dynasty League Season 2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1491313)

DuckJet 08-29-2013 10:02 PM

HFDucks Dynasty League Season 2

Well I followed Twitter like a stalker for word of the opening of Yahoo Fantasy Hockey Registration and it's finally that time again. I've sent out an invitation to all the owners from this last season. Follow the link and you're team will be reactivated and the players you drafted or added will be returned to your roster. I will work with the keeper system a bit before I give a definitive answer of how the process will work.

But first things first, we need to fill the league. I will be able to confirm your activity just through your reactivation of your team but as a formality, I'd still like an official roll call to take place before we begin the keeper selection process.

Also, from now until the puck drops on opening night we will use this particular thread as an open forum to discuss and enact changes to the league's rules and procedures. As long as they're reasonable, changes will be made. What cannot be changed is the league size. That much is certain. An expansion draft would either work the way it does in the NHL and is not fair to the joining teams, or we redraft completely, which ruins the entire point of last season's activities. One of the topics I'd like to cover is whether we draft as soon as we're ready or if we wait until after training camps resume.

Also, I'm multitasking at the moment, but I'd like to know who the owner of Ilya Kovalchuk was. There will have to be some form of compensation for that. That pick was a major investment and his departure was unprecedented when you take the length of the contract he signed with New Jersey into account.

Team List:

Maigi Pupi-Kalvinators (Set)
The Replacements-Gliff (Set)
Shark-Fin Soup-GratefulYours
5 Minute Fowl-DuckJet (Keepers set)
HungryHungryHuskies-Clive Bixby (Set)
Dangle Unchained-2faded (Set)
Thor Losers- Darth Yenik (Set)
Book Hockey-Mighty All The Way
Atomic Spacemen-Paul4587 (Set)
Jager Bombs-Ducksgo
Squid's Boys-NavyDuck (Set)
Perry the Platypuses-Force951 (Set)

Ducksgo* 08-29-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 70638615)
Well I followed Twitter like a stalker for word of the opening of Yahoo Fantasy Hockey Registration and it's finally that time again. I've sent out an invitation to all the owners from this last season. Follow the link and you're team will be reactivated and the players you drafted or added will be returned to your roster. I will work with the keeper system a bit before I give a definitive answer of how the process will work.

But first things first, we need to fill the league. I will be able to confirm your activity just through your reactivation of your team but as a formality, I'd still like an official roll call to take place before we begin the keeper selection process.

Also, from now until the puck drops on opening night we will use this particular thread as an open forum to discuss and enact changes to the league's rules and procedures. As long as they're reasonable, changes will be made. What cannot be changed is the league size. That much is certain. An expansion draft would either work the way it does in the NHL and is not fair to the joining teams, or we redraft completely, which ruins the entire point of last season's activities. One of the topics I'd like to cover is whether we draft as soon as we're ready or if we wait until after training camps resume.

Also, I'm multitasking at the moment, but I'd like to know who the owner of Ilya Kovalchuk was. There will have to be some form of compensation for that. That pick was a major investment and his departure was unprecedented when you take the length of the contract he signed with New Jersey into account.

Edit: it's notification by email. All signed up

DuckJet 08-29-2013 10:47 PM

I just want you to know that I own John Gibson. I remember you mentioning interest

EDIT: Thus far 1/3 of the league has activated their teams.

Ducksgo* 08-29-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 70640027)
I just want you to know that I own John Gibson. I remember you mentioning interest

EDIT: Thus far 1/3 of the league has activated their teams.

How do you own Him already?

DuckJet 08-29-2013 11:04 PM

I had him last year. I own him in my other dynasty league too.

Sean Garrity 08-30-2013 02:09 AM

I want out. I can say now that I will not and can not follow the league.

Kalvinators 08-30-2013 02:17 AM

I will win this year :sarcasm:

http://img.pandawhale.com/74110-oh-y...Obama-b86q.gif

DuckJet 08-30-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Garrity (Post 70643819)
I want out. I can say now that I will not and can not follow the league.

Fair enough. I just hope there's no issues restoring your team.

Force951 08-30-2013 05:58 AM

I rejoined but will be out of town till monday, so please no vote on draft time till after the holiday.

DuckJet 08-30-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Force951 (Post 70645169)
I rejoined but will be out of town till monday, so please no vote on draft time till after the holiday.

That's cool.

Apparently each team has it's own header on their team page to select their own keepers. These can also be done offline, but I'm not really going to opt for that method unless there are some problems.

One of which seems to be Sean not joining as I'll have to go back to last year's rosters, find out what his team was, and assign those players to the new team.

2faded 08-30-2013 01:03 PM

Yes, the reigning champ is back. :)

DuckJet 08-30-2013 01:38 PM

Okay with that, we're waiting on 3 more people to confirm their teams for me, and one team to be replaced.

mighty all the way 08-30-2013 02:04 PM

I'll do it if you guys are missing a person

navyduck 08-30-2013 02:40 PM

I am back and will continue on. All hail the Squids =P

I am also a little confused on the keeper thing.....Is there a place within the yahoo pages that can explain it to me?

DuckJet 08-30-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mighty all the way (Post 70656185)
I'll do it if you guys are missing a person

First come first serve. So...welcome to the league. PM me your email and I'll send you an invite.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navyduck (Post 70657507)
I am back and will continue on. All hail the Squids =P

I am also a little confused on the keeper thing.....Is there a place within the yahoo pages that can explain it to me?

Go to the team drop down menu and select keepers should be an option.

navyduck 08-30-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 70657767)
Go to the team drop down menu and select keepers should be an option.

I mean is there a limit?

DuckJet 08-30-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navyduck (Post 70657935)
I mean is there a limit?

No. In a dynasty league you have total control of the team. If you want to replace your entire team with the remaining pool of players, that's your choice. The thing is there's an implied limit when you think about the ramifications of what you do. Let too many players go and you potentially spread too much talent to other teams and you fail to replace it. I'm personally going to release maybe 5-7 players.

navyduck 08-30-2013 03:08 PM

Cool....I just didn't want to go over any limit that might have been set

Sean Garrity 08-30-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 70643977)
Fair enough. I just hope there's no issues restoring your team.

Anything I can do to help the process let me know.

DuckJet 08-30-2013 06:01 PM

If you could accept the invite it would make transferring your team to mighty all the way much easier.

gratefulyours 08-30-2013 08:13 PM

just confirmed. my team is empty though...does it automatically give me the players from last year at some point?

Paul4587 08-30-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulyours (Post 70665315)
just confirmed. my team is empty though...does it automatically give me the players from last year at some point?

Go into the my team tab and pick choose keepers - it shows your team as at the end of last year and you select who you want to keep. I haven't got around to doing anything about it yet I'm assuming the draft won't be until mid september?

DuckJet 08-30-2013 09:13 PM

More than likely.

Gliff 08-31-2013 09:45 AM

Have we thought about limiting the number of players we can keep? Maybe a certain number of players and "prospects" which you can count by whatever criteria we want?

DuckJet 08-31-2013 12:26 PM

Well it would have to be substantial. A dynasty league is one where you work around building the best team possible out of what you picked the first time. My challenge is to hope my youth can carry me the hell out of last place this time around and if they're not working out, I make moves to better myself.