HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Demers to ANA/DAL for young winger (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1491557)

zombiekopitor 08-30-2013 02:47 PM

Demers to ANA/DAL for young winger

With Souray injured longterm, Lydman retiring and Sellane returning, it seems the Ducks have a need for defencemen and a glut of young wingers.

I know Dallas fans have said they want a right hand PMD as well, both should be somewhat familiar what Demers can bring when he's on his game. Only reason Sharks could trade him imo, is because they have Tennyson who has played very well and projects to be similar to Demers. It seems he also isn't going to be given a role in the top 4 anytime soon, and he deserves that chance as he's done it before very well.

What need to be added for
Etem or Chiasson?

Ritchie, Noessen, Rakell also of interest, though they are not as NHL ready which is needed for when Havlat is umm, injured

Also maybe Smith-Pelly/Glennie ++ don't really see either bouncing back though.

McDonald19 08-30-2013 02:51 PM

Ducks dont really need a D, they signed Fistric, they also have Vatanen and Lindholm waiting for spots.

Exit Dose 08-30-2013 02:58 PM

Lydman wasn't under contract when he retired, so there's not really a hole there. As the poster above mentions, we signed Fistric to cover for Souray's lost time.

Sojourn 08-30-2013 03:04 PM

I don't believe Selanne's signing really opens up room for moving a young winger. Anaheim's youth is a big picture plan, while Selanne's re-signing only has implications this year.

oconnor9sean 08-30-2013 03:10 PM

I'd pass. Chiasson looks too promising to give up right now. Demers is a nice piece, but we don't need another PMD. We need a right handed shut down guy (Girardi).

KEEROLE Vatanen 08-30-2013 03:12 PM

Demers for Etem.....good god no

DuckEatinShark 08-30-2013 04:14 PM

Demers' value is at an all-time low right now. Let's play him for the year and see if he can revert to the top 4 puckmoving D that he was when he paired with Blake.

If not, then we let him go. And I'm pretty sure we will not be getting anyone of Etem's or Chiasson's caliber for him.

crowi 08-30-2013 04:39 PM

Not a need.

ChubbChubby 08-30-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark (Post 70660079)
Demers' value is at an all-time low right now. Let's play him for the year and see if he can revert to the top 4 puckmoving D that he was when he paired with Blake.

If not, then we let him go. And I'm pretty sure we will not be getting anyone of Etem's or Chiasson's caliber for him.

Don't think he ever played with Blake, or at the very least not much. His most impressive season was dominating weaker competition with Huskins and then he showed his top-4 potential when they put him with Vlasic for a stretch, but his play time with Blake was minimal if my memory is correct.

TrillMike 08-30-2013 07:12 PM

Not interested in moving Chiasson or Ritchie.

Ducksgo* 08-31-2013 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trillmike (Post 70664161)
Not interested in moving Chiasson or Ritchie.

Not interested in moving Etem. He's pretty much untouchable at this point in time.

Gardner McKay 08-31-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robes of Teal (Post 70657715)
With Souray injured longterm, Lydman retiring and Sellane returning, it seems the Ducks have a need for defencemen and a glut of young wingers.

I know Dallas fans have said they want a right hand PMD as well, both should be somewhat familiar what Demers can bring when he's on his game. Only reason Sharks could trade him imo, is because they have Tennyson who has played very well and projects to be similar to Demers. It seems he also isn't going to be given a role in the top 4 anytime soon, and he deserves that chance as he's done it before very well.

Etem or Chiasson?

Ritchie, Noessen, Rakell also of interest, though they are not as NHL ready which is needed for when Havlat is umm, injured

I don't think Etem is available. Kid could be a stud.

Ricky Bobby 08-31-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Etem or Chiasson?

Depth on D is critical as shown by Chicago this past playoffs or how every team that considers themselves a contender always looking for help on D at the deadline.

The Sharks are in a win-now mode with the clock ticking on the careers of Boyle, Marleau, Thornton.

A team like the Sharks who want to win now won't be betting on a prospect who will have some growing pains that projects to only be as good as what they currently have in Demers whose on a very cheap contract, RFA controlled and only 25.

Primetimey* 08-31-2013 10:49 AM

Can't see trading Chiasson or Ritchie for Demers.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 08-31-2013 08:16 PM

San Jose won't be moving Demers right now. He didn't have the best season and his value is probably the lowest it's ever been. If there looking to move him , they'll hope he plays well and trade him mid season.

Qward 08-31-2013 08:19 PM

Give you Gryba or Wiercioch if we can have Silfverberg back... Please :(

AbsolonMoreau* 09-01-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qward (Post 70689135)
Give you Gryba or Wiercioch if we can have Silfverberg back... Please :(

He isn't on the Sharks, he's on the Ducks...

Qward 09-01-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

With Souray injured longterm, Lydman retiring and Sellane returning, it seems the Ducks have a need for defencemen and a glut of young wingers

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsolonMoreau (Post 70703417)
He isn't on the Sharks, he's on the Ducks...

That is what I was responding to.

LatvianTwist 09-01-2013 10:09 PM

Only way I'd consider moving Chiasson or Ritchie is as a part of a package for Burns, which obviously will not be happening, as much as I'd want it to.

Morry83 09-01-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LatvianTwist (Post 70716229)
Only way I'd consider moving Chiasson or Ritchie is as a part of a package for Burns, which obviously will not be happening, as much as I'd want it to.

This.

Demers isn't bad, but not worth Ritchie/Chiasson.

Ducksgo* 09-02-2013 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gardner McKay (Post 70675627)
I don't think Etem is available. Kid could be a stud.

Agreed! Etem Is not available and I will say again! NOT available. Get off our ass on Etem please. Untouchable no disrespect to the posters on these boards of course. All of you are why we post and read. Just saying Etem is not available and Anaheim is blessed to have him.

Nolan11 09-02-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 70722005)
Agreed! Etem Is not available and I will say again! NOT available. Get off our ass on Etem please. Untouchable no disrespect to the posters on these boards of course. All of you are why we post and read. Just saying Etem is not available and Anaheim is blessed to have him.

Let's take Chiasson and Etem out of this conversation. I would be interested in Noeson or Rakell

Hatrick Marleau 09-02-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nolan11 (Post 70727657)
Let's take Chiasson and Etem out of this conversation. I would be interested in Noeson or Rakell

Of course...You are obsessed with him.:laugh:

Nolan11 09-02-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau (Post 70727977)
Of course...You are obsessed with him.:laugh:

:naughty: New fanbase, may not be as infatuated with him as the sens fans were. .

Vipers31 09-02-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nolan11 (Post 70727657)

Still don't think the Ducks would entertain any conversation. They've loved both of those guys for a long time (in Noesen's case before the trade), and I don't see the need for Demers to begin with.