HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Minnesota - Calgary (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1494345)

Marlo Stanfield 09-06-2013 12:54 PM

Minnesota - Calgary
 
http://i.imgur.com/aVZc8su.jpg

To Calgary

Dany Heatley (7.5 mil cap hit)
Minnesota 1st in 2014

To Minnesota

Mike Cammalleri (6.0 cap hit - Calgary retaining 1.5 = 4.5 for Minnesota)

Logic; Minnesota fresh off making the playoffs get a better winger than Heatley and increase cap space for any moves throughout the year. Calgary are in a rebuild and another first goes a long way for them. Both expiring contracts so Calgary just needs to suck it up for one year with the cap hit.

ReNeGaDe87 09-06-2013 12:57 PM

I really feel there would need to be more peices in play... we need to bolster our D and I doubt we hold on to that much cap as well as add more by taking on heatley.... for a 20th pick....

I wouldn't pull the trigger

blankall 09-06-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield (Post 70851739)
http://i.imgur.com/aVZc8su.jpg

To Calgary

Dany Heatley (7.5 mil cap hit)
Minnesota 1st in 2014

To Minnesota

Mike Cammalleri (6.0 cap hit - Calgary retaining 1.5 = 4.5 for Minnesota)

Logic; Minnesota fresh off making the playoffs get a better winger than Heatley and increase cap space for any moves throughout the year. Calgary are in a rebuild and another first goes a long way for them. Both expiring contracts so Calgary just needs to suck it up for one year with the cap hit.

Easy yes from Calgary IMO.

Calgary gets a 1st. They save actual dollars as Heatley's contract is front loaded.

Heatley can then be traded at the deadline. Hopefully, for at least a 2nd.

Not sure if Minny goes for it though. Their 1st seems a like a lot to give up for the difference in play. Depends on how desperate they are for cap space too. This is exactly the kind of trade I'd like to see Calgary make though. They need to take advantage of their fiscal/cap situation.

blankall 09-06-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReNeGaDe87 (Post 70851831)
I really feel there would need to be more peices in play... we need to bolster our D and I doubt we hold on to that much cap as well as add more by taking on heatley.... for a 20th pick....

I wouldn't pull the trigger

The Flames need to bolster everything. This year is a write-off.

Heatley's contract expires this year. We can afford to take on cap as long as it is short term. The only even remotely bad contracts the Flames have going forward right now are Jones and Wideman.

Ice Cream Man 09-06-2013 01:01 PM

I'd take that. Cammalleri is much better than Heatley, but the first is enticing and we're not a team going up in the standing anytime in the next two years. Plus Heater's a local boy so he'd have some level of following here.

Great offer.

ThatGuy22 09-06-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield (Post 70851739)
http://i.imgur.com/aVZc8su.jpg

To Calgary

Dany Heatley (7.5 mil cap hit)
Minnesota 1st in 2014

To Minnesota

Mike Cammalleri (6.0 cap hit - Calgary retaining 1.5 = 4.5 for Minnesota)

Logic; Minnesota fresh off making the playoffs get a better winger than Heatley and increase cap space for any moves throughout the year. Calgary are in a rebuild and another first goes a long way for them. Both expiring contracts so Calgary just needs to suck it up for one year with the cap hit.

Big time pass by the Wild, difference in the Wingers +3 Million in capspace is no where near a first round pick. Wild have $2.5 Million in space, which is plenty of room. Actually has them 18th in cap room as of today. Wild gave up their first last year, can't afford to do it twice in a row. A second or third without any retained cash maybe.

SmellOfVictory 09-06-2013 01:08 PM

I'd do it. I would, however, prefer it if it was Minnesota's 2015 1st rounder.

Minnesota 09-06-2013 01:11 PM

Minnesota declines.

Cammalleri isn't enough of an upgrade over Heatley to legitimize adding a 1st round pick. Cap space isn't an issue.

thestonedkoala 09-06-2013 01:28 PM

Huge no from the Wild.

Ricky Bobby 09-06-2013 02:04 PM

Minny has no cap issue atm and will lots of room by the deadline.

They'd be better to just keep Heatley and still have their 1st which they could use for someone at the deadline (maybe even Cammi).

madmike77 09-06-2013 02:15 PM

As a Flames fan I'd do that in a heartbeat.

I really doubt Minny would part with their 1st though.

Noori 09-06-2013 02:16 PM

I would add something from the Flames end to make this work. Also, the Wild are bleeding money paying Parise and Suter a combined 24 million next year, so the Flames can offer a salary/cap incentive.

To Minny: Cammalleri at half salary (3.5 million salary, 3 million cap hit) + ?
To Calgary: Dany Heatley + 2014 1st.

Depends on what that question mark is.

MuckOG 09-06-2013 02:22 PM

ummmm.......No.

Minnesota may be a little thin down the middle, but a 1st is too great of a price for Cammalleri.

Ricky Bobby 09-06-2013 02:22 PM

Cammi to San Jose or Vancouver early in the season with salary retained and either one of Booth or Havlat coming back in the deal is more likely.

Both San Jose and Vancouver are getting near the end of the opportunity to win with their current core group. Both teams also had trouble scoring last year.

Lapa 09-06-2013 02:23 PM

The gap between Heatley's and Cammalleri's values isn't a first rd pick, so no thanks.

Not a bad proposal though.

Dutchy09* 09-06-2013 02:28 PM

Good deal for both sides.

Billy Mays Here 09-06-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchy09 (Post 70854379)
Good deal for both sides.

Not from our side.

Sharppi 09-06-2013 03:30 PM

Change the pick to WPG 2nd and it might work with max salary retained.

Lord Flacko* 09-06-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blankall (Post 70851857)
Easy yes from Calgary IMO.

Calgary gets a 1st. They save actual dollars as Heatley's contract is front loaded.

Heatley can then be traded at the deadline. Hopefully, for at least a 2nd.

Not sure if Minny goes for it though. Their 1st seems a like a lot to give up for the difference in play. Depends on how desperate they are for cap space too. This is exactly the kind of trade I'd like to see Calgary make though. They need to take advantage of their fiscal/cap situation.

:laugh:

Lord Flacko* 09-06-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby (Post 70854189)
Cammi to San Jose or Vancouver early in the season with salary retained and either one of Booth or Havlat coming back in the deal is more likely.

Both San Jose and Vancouver are getting near the end of the opportunity to win with their current core group. Both teams also had trouble scoring last year.

I'd rather see if Booth has a bounce back season, he's been working out vigorously for the past summer.

If he has a crappy season then maybe I'd trade him with a draft pick for Cammalleri.

Joufreau 09-06-2013 03:40 PM

Is this for real??

If I'm a Minny fan I wouldnt even do Heatley for Cammi straight up, nevermind throwing in a 1st!

blankall 09-06-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Flacko (Post 70856405)
I'd rather see if Booth has a bounce back season, he's been working out vigorously for the past summer.

If he has a crappy season then maybe I'd trade him with a draft pick for Cammalleri.

Booth will have negative value in that situation. I'm not sure that Booth +1st would be enough for Cammalleri. The Flames can get a 1st for Cammalleri at the deadline without having to take on Booth.

It would have to be something along the lines of:

To Cal:

Booth
1st 2014
2nd2014

To Van:

Cammalleri

You might be better off leaving Booth out of the equation all together.

Dutchy09* 09-06-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Mays Here (Post 70855477)
Not from our side.

Cammalleri >>> Heatley.

MuckOG 09-06-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchy09 (Post 70859261)
Cammalleri >>> Heatley.

1st round pick>>>Cammalleri

Being that his contract is up after this season and he is supposedly healthy, I think Heatley could have a decent season.....~30 goals.

TheHudlinator 09-06-2013 06:04 PM

Not enough going to Minny

Maybe Heatley (7.5 cap hit) + 1st 2014 for Cammy (at 4 million cap hit) + Stempniak ( 2.5 mill ion cap hit) + 4th

Gives Minny a top 6 winger + middle 6 winger that is very good defensively.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.