HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   St. Louis Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Prospect Info: Blues Prospect Ranking #19 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1494557)

EastonBlues22 09-06-2013 11:19 PM

Blues Prospect Ranking #19

1) Tarasenko
2) Schwartz
3) Rattie
4) Allen
5) Jaskin
6) Carrier
7) Hakanpaa
8) Schmaltz
9) Edmundson
10) Binnington
11) Vannelli
12) Kurker
13) Veilleux
14) Lundstrom
15) Fairchild
16) Parayko
17) Lindbohm
18) MacEachern

PocketNines 09-07-2013 12:44 AM

Tesink.

Let's again remember Lehtera is a) 25 and outside HF's prospects criteria for that reason alone and 2) not coming to America so who gives a ****.

Robb_K 09-07-2013 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PocketNines (Post 70870419)
Tesink.

Let's again remember Lehtera is a) 25 and outside HF's prospects criteria for that reason alone and 2) not coming to America so who gives a ****.

Then he ought to have been left off this poll from its start.

letmesleep 09-07-2013 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PocketNines (Post 70870419)
Tesink.

Oh, ****, I didn't realize he didn't fit the criteria anymore.

STL fan in IA 09-07-2013 08:25 AM

Yeah, Lehtera is 25 and is going to be 27 when his KHL contract runs out. I'll note that players reach UFA status at 27 so as soon as the Blues are able to sign him next, all other 29 teams would be able to sign him too. Basically, Lehtera is not a prospect anymore.

I mean, if we're going to include him on the list, why not 26 yr old Taylor Chorney? Chorney is probably 8th on the D depth chart right now and will likely be an injury fill-in for a few games with the Blues this season.

Or what about Tyler Shattock? He's only 23 and about to enter his 4th year in the pros. Did people forget about him? Think he was discarded like Nigro and Sonne? He wasn't. He's still a Blues prospect.

Personally, I'd say that any of Beach, Andronov, Tesink, Wannstrom, Walters, Gardiner or Pochiro should be next. Then Tremblay, Shattock, Ponich & McRae. There's a couple other prospects not listed either - Saari and Seaman.

bleedblue1223 09-07-2013 08:26 AM

And when his contract is up, he will be a free agent, so even if he comes over, which is a pretty big if, it won't be because he signs with us.

Well thanks IA for beating me.

Celtic Note 09-07-2013 09:42 AM

Beach pretty easily for me.

tfriede2 09-07-2013 09:45 AM

Andro again.

2 Minute Minor 09-07-2013 01:34 PM

I've been voting Lehtera, but I don't think he should have been on the poll in the first place.

BlueDream 09-07-2013 03:52 PM

Beach quite easily...

Randall Ritchey 09-07-2013 03:52 PM

Andronov again.

STL fan in IA 09-07-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor (Post 70878479)
I've been voting Lehtera, but I don't think he should have been on the poll in the first place.

Well then stop voting for him then, lol! :laugh:

STL fan in IA 09-07-2013 05:45 PM

Tesink scored at over a pt/game pace for each of the last two seasons for St. John and he was a fan favorite there because he had that "it" factor of doing all of the little things right. He won't ever be more than a 3rd or 4th liner if he makes it to the NHL but he has the intangibles and definitely has the heart to make it. He's the type of kid you just can't help rooting for. Time to see what he can do in the pros. He gets my vote here.

Daley Tarasenkshow 09-07-2013 06:26 PM

Beach, not hard for me.

bluesfan94 09-07-2013 10:01 PM

If Lehtera is on the list, I will (and have been) vote for him.

JustOneB4IDie 09-08-2013 01:28 AM

Andronov.

PerryTurnbullfan 09-09-2013 05:30 AM

Andronov, then Beach

EastonBlues22 09-09-2013 09:32 PM

Lehtera has certainly caused a lot of dissension in the ranks. A couple of things here:

First, this poll isn't related to the official HF prospect rankings in any way. Since we didn't lay any groundrules up front for what constitutes a prospect, then anything reasonable goes. If you think a guy is, or isn't, a prospect worth voting for...well, make your case. That's ultimately what this series is for, after all.

Second, I'm throwing these polls together in what little spare time that I have. If I what IA mentioned earlier in this thread about Lehtera, then I wouldn't have included him. I didn't know, and he's been around until now because it took that long for the information to come out. He'll be omitted moving forward. Apologies to 2MM and the other devout few who have been voting for him for the last 10 polls or so.

In other news, we currently have a tie. I'm letting this run another day or two until someone steps forward. If someone voted for Lehtera and they would like to change their vote, simply post a reply with who your new vote is and I'll factor that into the results.

HooliganX2 09-09-2013 09:44 PM

I actually went with Pochiro as he might not have the highest upside I think he might have the best shot of being an NHLer just a bottom 6 guy.

bleedblue1223 09-09-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 (Post 70956151)
Lehtera has certainly caused a lot of dissension in the ranks. A couple of things here:

First, this poll isn't related to the official HF prospect rankings in any way. Since we didn't lay any groundrules up front for what constitutes a prospect, then anything reasonable goes. If you think a guy is, or isn't, a prospect worth voting for...well, make your case. That's ultimately what this series is for, after all.

Second, I'm throwing these polls together in what little spare time that I have. If I what IA mentioned earlier in this thread about Lehtera, then I wouldn't have included him. I didn't know, and he's been around until now because it took that long for the information to come out. He'll be omitted moving forward. Apologies to 2MM and the other devout few who have been voting for him for the last 10 polls or so.

In other news, we currently have a tie. I'm letting this run another day or two until someone steps forward. If someone voted for Lehtera and they would like to change their vote, simply post a reply with who your new vote is and I'll factor that into the results.

Not a big deal. The polls served their purpose as we are about to have real things to talk about soon.

EastonBlues22 09-11-2013 12:25 AM

Tesink finally pulls away. Poll #20 is up.