HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   George Richards: Clemmensen out for 3 weeks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1495195)

coopdaloop123 09-08-2013 05:08 PM

Clemmensen Out Roughly 3 Weeks After Knee Surgery

Clemm will be out about 3 weeks after undergoing a minor procedure on his knee. Until then Houser is slated behind Markstrom, but DT is open to signing a veteran goalie potentially.

gizmo12688 09-08-2013 05:10 PM

Clemmensen out for 3 weeks

George Richards @GeorgeRichards
#FlaPanthers GM Dale Tallon said G Scott Clemmensen had minor knee surgery last week, will miss first three weeks of camp...

#FlaPanthers GM Dale Tallon says team will talk to FA goalie Rob Madore about camp invite; in rookie camp on invite after AHL/ECHL stint

#FlaPanthers Tallon says goalie depth is a concern. W/ Clemmensen (knee) out for few weeks, Michael Houser right now No. 2 behind Markstrom

Tim Thomas is still out there.....just saying...

StrangeVision 09-08-2013 05:10 PM

Oh, Panthers. Never change.

inb4 "this helps the Panthers"

Beezer 09-08-2013 05:19 PM

And it begins..... Maybe I can come out of retirement and play a few games. :sarcasm:

SoupyFIN 09-08-2013 05:21 PM

Theo is still available.

But looking at it from a POV that could benefit both the big club and minors, signing some journeyman AHL call-up seems more likely.

Drouin-Deslauriers was the first one that came up on capgeek. :dunno:

coopdaloop123 09-08-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupyFIN (Post 70915073)
Theo is still available.

But looking at it from a POV that could benefit both the big club and minors, signing some journeyman AHL call-up seems more likely.

Drouin-Deslauriers was the first one that came up on capgeek. :dunno:

Should know fairly soon.

AaronEkbald 09-08-2013 05:50 PM

Anyone think Dov can be successful at the NHL level?

coopdaloop123 09-08-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Tibbles (Post 70916135)
Anyone think Dov can be successful at the NHL level?

Already 31 years old, I just don't see it happening. Maybe he can get a start if enough people get injured, but I don't think he'll ever be a legit backup, too many good young goalies coming up around the league.

Booba 09-08-2013 06:16 PM

I guess they'll either sign Rob Madore or Dov Grummet-Morris to a NHL contract.

Starting the season with only three goaltenders is risky, especially considering Clemmensen's health.

ucanthanzalthetruth 09-08-2013 06:25 PM

I don't understand, Clemmensen isn't supposed to miss any of the season, so why does another goalie need to be signed?

I May Be Wrong 09-08-2013 07:01 PM

I question the timing of this. This team hasn't been on the ice for months, and just now Clem is having surgery -- right before the start of training camp? What?

adam graves 09-08-2013 07:04 PM

oh for the love of god, buy out clemmer and get a real backup please!!!

CHGoalie27 09-08-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beezer (Post 70914969)
And it begins..... Maybe I can come out of retirement and play a few games. :sarcasm:

You?

I'll be bringing my gear to the BB&T just in case from now on!

FrolikFan67 09-08-2013 09:44 PM

quick! call tim thomas! :P

Panthers Rock 09-08-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth (Post 70917545)
I don't understand, Clemmensen isn't supposed to miss any of the season, so why does another goalie need to be signed?

Clem does have a history of injury and this isn't his first surgery. Ok, so maybe it's just an excuse to replace him. :sarcasm:

Booba 09-08-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I May Be Wrong (Post 70918937)
I question the timing of this. This team hasn't been on the ice for months, and just now Clem is having surgery -- right before the start of training camp? What?

It's not 100% guaranteed that he'll be healthy for the first game of the season.

Even if he was, an injury-prone Clemmensen, Markstrom and Houser (a goaltender who has yet to play a game in the AHL) is not exactly great depth.

I don't see the harm in having a 4th goaltender under contract (whether it's Grumet-Morris, Madore or someone else). Also, with "only" 44 players under contract, they have well enough room to add another contract.

JP Mick 09-08-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth (Post 70917545)

Worst case scenario; Clemm isn't ready to play and Marks injures his groin. Bam! We've got Houser as a starter in the NHL and Madore as a backup.

:help::help::help::help:

JP Mick 09-08-2013 11:08 PM

Tweet from Fialkov today:

Quote:

Harvey Fialkov @hfialkov
Tallon said he will add veteran goalie #flapanthers

FlaPnthrsPunk 09-08-2013 11:39 PM

I hope what Harvey said that Tallon claimed is correct. I already don't feel comfortable with the tandem we have, so a veteran goaltender would ease the nervousness of us fans a bit. I too find this a bit shady with the timing of this happening out of the blue. I really hope that Clemmensen is back by Opening Night. Not that he was going to start anyway, but it would be nice to feel a bit of reassurance if anything happens to Markstrom or if the guy just needs a day off.

Markstrom Rules 09-09-2013 12:43 AM

I'm guessing either Theo or Garon.

Dr Beinfest 09-09-2013 12:52 AM

They should've been looking to add a goalie anyways. Clemmensen sucks enough as it is, it doesn't help that he is showing signs of injury.

Running Markstrom all alone is definitely a no-go.

Markstrom Rules 09-09-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Beinfest (Post 70929427)
They should've been looking to add a goalie anyways. Clemmensen sucks enough as it is, it doesn't help that he is showing signs of injury.

Running Markstrom all alone is definitely a no-go.

I agree. This just gives Tallon an excuse to say to our cheap-butt owners that we need to sign another veteran goalie or else we can kiss the season goodbye already. Hopefully this means Clemmer plays the entire season in the AHL.

ucanthanzalthetruth 09-09-2013 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules (Post 70929299)
I'm guessing either Theo or Garon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules (Post 70929453)
I agree. This just gives Tallon an excuse to say to our cheap-butt owners that we need to sign another veteran goalie or else we can kiss the season goodbye already. Hopefully this means Clemmer plays the entire season in the AHL.

Yes, because if they fail to make the playoffs, Scott Clemmensen will be the main reason why :shakehead . Again, there is not a better option out there than Clemmensen (except for Tim Thomas, who I doubt the team will shell out the money for). I view Garon as equal to Clemmensen, so I'd rather the money be used elsewhere (and anyways, he's on a PTO with the Kings, and it sounds like he's going to sign there). And in regards to Theodore, I view Clemmensen as an aging goalie coming off a poor year with a history of injury problems, which to me sound exactly like Theo. I don't see him as an upgrade at this point either. Remember, money is tight, and I think there are way more pressing needs than a backup goalie (barring a setback or injury to Markstrom, as JP pointed out)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP Mick (Post 70927613)
Worst case scenario; Clemm isn't ready to play and Marks injures his groin. Bam! We've got Houser as a starter in the NHL and Madore as a backup.

:help::help::help::help:

You shouldn't say such things right before I fall asleep :laugh:

SoupyFIN 09-09-2013 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth (Post 70929827)
Again, there is not a better option out there than Clemmensen (except for Tim Thomas, who I doubt the team will shell out the money for).

I haven't believed in the Thomas return hype since the day he announced that he'd skip 12-13 season. He's an aging goalie coming off close to 1.5 years away from hockey, left his previous team on a sour note and seems to be a bit of a political headcase.

2 time Vezina winner or not, the fact that he hasn't even signed a PTO yet with training camp just around the corner, should say a lot.

Thomas is in the same boat with Bryz. No one wants him and his problems.

ucanthanzalthetruth 09-09-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupyFIN (Post 70930047)
I haven't believed in the Thomas return hype since the day he announced that he'd skip 12-13 season. He's an aging goalie coming off close to 1.5 years away from hockey, left his previous team on a sour note and seems to be a bit of a political headcase.

2 time Vezina winner or not, the fact that he hasn't even signed a PTO yet with training camp just around the corner, should say a lot.

Thomas is in the same boat with Bryz. No one wants him and his problems.

Oh, I completely agree, I don't want him either, I was just saying in the list of UFA goalies, Thomas is the only one that appears to be an upgrade over Clemmensen. I didn't even bother mentioning Bryz, because I imagine he'll sign in the KHL if he can't sign as a starter somewhere or make a decent amount of $. As for the Panthers goalie situation, Soupy what do you want them to do? Edit: I saw you already posted on it before. Would you want Deslauriers, or rather have them make a trade?