HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   aren't Ryder and WArd guaranteed NHL spots??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=14964)

Habs4ever 09-28-2003 04:21 AM

aren't Ryder and WArd guaranteed NHL spots???

Consdidering we got rid of Chow and Mckay so they aren't competing with nhl'r right so who could take their spots, as of now unless we make free agent signing its guaranteed we'll see them in action all year long, and I really hope that happens.

Patty Roy 09-28-2003 07:12 AM

It's likely that both will start the season in Montreal, but its far from guaranteed...

danboulie 09-28-2003 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4ever
Consdidering we got rid of Chow and Mckay so they aren't competing with nhl'r right so who could take their spots, as of now unless we make free agent signing its guaranteed we'll see them in action all year long, and I really hope that happens.

Well considering that Chow spent mst of last year in the AHL, I don't think his spot would have a lot of bearing. I imagine that both of them will start this year in Montreal, and with any luck will prove that they deserve to stay. But nothing is a guarentee.

Corey 09-28-2003 07:36 AM

The Habs will probably carry 14 forwards, so it shouldn't be too difficult for them to make the NHL roster even if some of the younger prospects show a bit more. Twelve forwards seem to be safe for the time being: Koivu, Ribeiro, Perreault, Juneau, Kilger, Bulis, Hossa, Sundstrom, Zednik, Audette, Dackell, and Dwyer. Of this dozen, Audette, Dackell, and Dwyer are not sure bets to last the full season.

Top Corner2 09-28-2003 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey
The Habs will probably carry 14 forwards, so it shouldn't be too difficult for them to make the NHL roster even if some of the younger prospects show a bit more. Twelve forwards seem to be safe for the time being: Koivu, Ribeiro, Perreault, Juneau, Kilger, Bulis, Hossa, Sundstrom, Zednik, Audette, Dackell, and Dwyer. Of this dozen, Audette, Dackell, and Dwyer are not sure bets to last the full season.

Do you think Dackell is safe? I could see him being sent down if management likes someone better. His salary isn't too hefty and he could help out in Hamilton.

RichardZednik#20 09-28-2003 04:34 PM

Well Ward sign a 2 years 1 way deal. And since we lack size and he would lose his time in the AHL, I say he will stay. And the way Ryder has been playing, the only reason he could be cut is because of the big salary player like Dackell, Juneau taking his spot.

Harry Kakalovich 09-28-2003 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey

any chance of sneaking dagenais into that lineup?

AzNDrAgOn 09-28-2003 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stick side

Nop. =(

Medicine Twin 09-29-2003 12:24 AM

Like I said for the last 3 months, both have to clear waivers to be sent down, and both would be claimed. Therefore, both ARE guaranteed spots. Sad thing is, it's not particularly because of their play... politics.

Bulis - Koivu - Audette
Hossa - Ribeiro - Zednik
Sundstrom - Perreault - Ward
Kilger - Juneau - Ryder

Dackell, Dwyer

Corey 09-29-2003 05:18 AM

Dackell is "safe" for the start of the season because all of the remaining forward prospects with no professional experience will be shipped to Hamilton along with Dagenais, Gratton, Blouin, and Carpentier.

IMO Dagenais will start in Hamilton because there is no defined role for him at present. His best chance of being called up during the season would be as as an injury replacement.

Highlander 09-29-2003 05:38 AM

Quote:

Why? IMO, Dagenais has not shown anything special in camp. AHL filler in my opinion.

Season Ticket Holder 09-29-2003 09:15 AM

Ryder isn't guaranteed a spot on the roster. He may be having a decent preseason, but that doesn't guarantee anything. Even if he has to be put on waivers to be sent down, no one would pick him up. At least, it's unlikely. To pick him up means they need a free spot on their roster, and since Ryder hasn't proven a single thing at the NHL level, I doubt he'd be plucked off waivers. That's just overrating a prospect.

Ward is likely to stay up. He has a 1-way contract, and while I don't think he's done anything spectacular at all during the preseason, he can play on the 4th line. Better than guys like Blouin anyway...

I've seen Dagenais in one preseason game, not much to judge by, and he was probably the worst player on the ice. Even worse than Blouin...

Plus, Dagenais was let go in Florida for heck's sake, and they've barely got half a roster of NHL players.

I wouldn't be surprised if not only does Dagenais get sent to the AHL (which is almost 100% assured) but that he disappears from there quickly thereafter...

STH

Habs4ever 09-29-2003 10:39 AM

I woudn't say he hasn't proven anything!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Season Ticket Holder
Ryder isn't guaranteed a spot on the roster. He may be having a decent preseason, but that doesn't guarantee anything. Even if he has to be put on waivers to be sent down, no one would pick him up. At least, it's unlikely. To pick him up means they need a free spot on their roster, and since Ryder hasn't proven a single thing at the NHL level, I doubt he'd be plucked off waivers. That's just overrating a prospect.

Ward is likely to stay up. He has a 1-way contract, and while I don't think he's done anything spectacular at all during the preseason, he can play on the 4th line. Better than guys like Blouin anyway...

I've seen Dagenais in one preseason game, not much to judge by, and he was probably the worst player on the ice. Even worse than Blouin...

Plus, Dagenais was let go in Florida for heck's sake, and they've barely got half a roster of NHL players.

I wouldn't be surprised if not only does Dagenais get sent to the AHL (which is almost 100% assured) but that he disappears from there quickly thereafter...

STH

Infact he has proven lot since drafted he only had one off year two years ago when he was demoted to ECHL, before that he was star in Junior and is become dominant in AHL now, for prospect to be bust his progress needs to stop but he has continued to show he belongs in big club so I woudn't be too happy if he wasn't rewarded it woudn't be good example to other prospects if politics gets in a way of his professional career, he has size , grit, determination, hard working personality everything habs need and would welcome with open hands.

Brisebois 09-29-2003 11:35 AM

Quote:

Dagenais will probably be left unprotected at the waiver draft. I doubt he'll get taken, but you never know.

SwedenRulez 09-29-2003 12:16 PM

Quote:

Maybe he will be in the scratches since Kilger is injured, but I am not sure.

Corey 09-29-2003 12:38 PM

Dagenais is at best the 18th ranked forward on the Canadiens. Only a string of injuries would get him to the Bell Centre. I'd call up Gratton, Higgins, Perezhogin, Plekanec, or even Ferland ahead of him. By the time the need for a callup arises Balej might also be added to the standby list (if he has shown the necessary improvement).