HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   scott walker (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=149652)

gars59 07-06-2005 11:41 AM

scott walker

is he was born on ontario or quebec

becase nhl.com say montreal.quebec , tsn cambridge.ontario
nhlpa cambridge ontario

:teach:

:help: please

thanks for the answer

SmokeyClause 07-06-2005 11:52 AM

He was born in Cambridge, Ontario at least according to the Nashville Predators official website. And you have to believe that is accurate because I do not think Walker would let such a 'close to home' issue such as birthplace be inaccurate. It's one thing to have a slightly inaccurate height or weight. But to have an inaccurate birthplace. I doubt Walker would be a big fan of that.

Enoch 07-06-2005 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
He was born in Cambridge, Ontario at least according to the Nashville Predators official website. And you have to believe that is accurate because I do not think Walker would let such a 'close to home' issue such as birthplace be inaccurate. It's one thing to have a slightly inaccurate height or weight. But to have an inaccurate birthplace. I doubt Walker would be a big fan of that.

I think Smokey is right because I seem to recall Walker going back to play in Cambridge "for his home team???" during the intial stages of the lockout.

quartermaster29 07-06-2005 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
I think Smokey is right because I seem to recall Walker going back to play in Cambridge "for his home team???" during the intial stages of the lockout.

I dunno... I was born in one town because my parents lived there, but grew up in a completely different town because my parents moved and still call town #2 my home town. I went through every school grade in the 2nd town, and have very few memories involving my birth town. So if I was a player it would say one place, but if I went home to play for my home town, I'd be in the other. Does that make sense?

triggrman 07-06-2005 01:34 PM

My wife forgets the name of the town she was born in (marine corps brat), she can tell you the base but the town gets her sometimes.

beautypersoni 07-06-2005 01:54 PM

Scott Walker wouldn't happen to have a summer home in Montreal, would he? That could explain the discrepancy. Some sources list birth place, while others list home town - i.e. the place a player lives in the off-season.

Personally, I was born in one place, but only lived their for three weeks. I'd prefer to have the place I grew up in (and where I still live) as my listed home town.

Anyhoo...

barrytrotzsneck 07-06-2005 06:12 PM

No, Scott goes back to Cambridge. I have two good friends in the Nashville area that are originally FROM Cambridge, and both are huge Scott Walker(and Tim Brent, for that matter) fans. I'd say he might have been BORN in Montreal, but grew up in Cambridge.

Adz 07-07-2005 03:57 PM

The NHL (and the Preds site) uses the player's actual birthplace, regardless of whether he actually grew up there or not.

vopatsrash 07-07-2005 07:19 PM

this isn't on the exact topic of this thread, but it's scott walker related, so...

Bruce Garrioch was on with Pete Weber in the 6PM hour and there was some general lockout talk that was pretty typical considering there is so much up in the air right now.

But he did make one interesting, yet not totally unexpected point. He said he expects many of the team player reps to not return to their teams. I don't think he mentioned Scotty by name. He said that a lot of reps were cast off after 1994 and now teams have even more ability to get rid of them because their buyout ability lets them do it under the guise of "we needed to shed the payroll".

Obviously, there is no way Nashville buys out Scott Walker, but Scott Walker at his rollback price might be a good deal for a team looking to trade for a gritty heart and soul kind of guy.

I still think they should at least wait and see what he says when he gets here and try to make it work...assuming some kind of steal of a trade involving him doesn't exist.

oh, and he also had praise for violetta, saying he was a class guy during his time in ottawa.

triggrman 07-07-2005 08:32 PM

It's not just the fans that will have hard feelings toward Walker the players will too.

quartermaster29 07-11-2005 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adz
The NHL (and the Preds site) uses the player's actual birthplace, regardless of whether he actually grew up there or not.

Not to call you out, but you're mistaken:

The Preds site (at www.nashvillepredators.com) lists his "birthplace" as Cambridge, ON, whereas the NHL site lists it as Montreal, PQ.

Adz 07-11-2005 03:46 PM

I was just going by what the marketing dept. told us when we created a map with all the birthplaces of the Preds players for them. I suppose the policy could have changed in the last 4 years.

Moneil18 07-13-2005 02:39 PM

Either way he lists his home address as Cambridge, Ontario now. don't know if he was born there or not.

crossxcheck 07-18-2005 08:00 AM

I recall when Walker started playing for the Cambridge Hornets that they called him a "hometown guy."

Straying from the initial question a bit...I initially thought that when hockey returned in Nashville that I'd be booing Walker. But now I'm so glad it's coming back and that a decent deal has been reached that I don't feel compelled to boo him. Is anyone else with me? :dunno:

Pattypred 07-18-2005 10:40 AM

I will NOT boo Walker but the FIRST time he steps on the ice, but I will not cheer or clap for him. After the skate-a-round prior to the start of the game, I'll be over it.

Once that puck drops, he's one of my boys and I'll be cheering for the Nashville Predators and whoever is in a NP sweater.

predperson 07-18-2005 01:43 PM

I won't boo him (no way) but he's dropped down a few pegs in my book.

Joe T Choker 07-18-2005 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pattypred
I will NOT boo Walker but the FIRST time he steps on the ice, but I will not cheer or clap for him. After the skate-a-round prior to the start of the game, I'll be over it.

Once that puck drops, he's one of my boys and I'll be cheering for the Nashville Predators and whoever is in a NP sweater.

exactly how I feel Patty :clap: