HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Possibility of Martinez Trade? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1496767)

Ron* 09-11-2013 08:11 PM

Possibility of Martinez Trade?
 
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images...d51_normal.png

Dennis Bernstein ‏@DennisTFP
Kings have 9 D w NHL deals in camp, Canes lose left D Pitkanen. Dean Lombardi and Jim Rutherford familiar trade partners....Alec Martinez?
11:41 a.m.

_________________________

Less than thrilled about these guys' reporting prowess, but it is food for thought given the Hurricane's most recent bad luck.

kingsfan 09-11-2013 08:19 PM

Throw enough **** at the wall....

Fishhead 09-11-2013 08:30 PM

I don't see DL trading a defensman until camp gets underway and he sees how things shake out. I also don't think trading one of our potential 6-7 defenseman types will garner the kind of sweet return that would get him thinking about it.

Now that I said that, watch it happen tomorrow.

KingCanadain1976 09-11-2013 09:07 PM

I was thinking the same thing earlier today ( posted in the carolina looking for a defenseman thread) . The only question is what kinda return would he get? I was hoping for a 2nd but i think 3 and 5 would do it to be honest.Any other thoughts?

Martyros 09-11-2013 09:17 PM

Carolina already knew Pitkanen would be out for the foreseeable future.

triplcrown 09-12-2013 01:40 AM

I'd want a 2nd for him, and I'd stand tough on that. He's totally worth it.
Good player with a 10-year career ahead of him. Top 4 guy for his new team, for sure.

Ziggy Stardust 09-12-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triplcrown (Post 71030319)
I'd want a 2nd for him, and I'd stand tough on that. He's totally worth it.
Good player with a 10-year career ahead of him. Top 4 guy for his new team, for sure.

Agree wholeheartedly with this. A dman who can develop into a mid-pairing player is definitely worth a 2nd round pick.

The Kings really have no room to add any salary back so they'd probably look at making a move similar to what they did with Westgarth last year when they sent him to Carolina.

redcard 09-12-2013 03:11 AM

Dean's going to hold on to them as long as he can. If the injury bug hits early we could go from 9 to 5 very fast.

KingPurpleDinosaur 09-12-2013 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 71030597)
Agree wholeheartedly with this. A dman who can develop into a mid-pairing player is definitely worth a 2nd round pick.

The Kings really have no room to add any salary back so they'd probably look at making a move similar to what they did with Westgarth last year when they sent him to Carolina.

i don't see him anyone can value a healthy scratch player to be worth a 2nd. would you trade a 2nd for martinez? he barely broke half the games last year with Mitchell out, when we had major defensive issues all year. He's maybe a 5th round pick. I'd be happy with that.

KingCanadain1976 09-12-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur (Post 71031417)
i don't see him anyone can value a healthy scratch player to be worth a 2nd. would you trade a 2nd for martinez? he barely broke half the games last year with Mitchell out, when we had major defensive issues all year. He's maybe a 5th round pick. I'd be happy with that.

I think your totally forgetting a few things about alec last year. He was hurt before the season started breaking a bone in his face if i remember right ( knowing that this will be corrected if i'm wrong by someone) He then played top four mintues with salva and looked good if i remember right. He then got hurt again i would suggest if it wasnt for injurys he would have played more not for the lack of talent. If i was another team i would totally pay a 2nd for alec hes really underrated to me. Hes got the best instint to join the rush on the team, He rarely gets caught pinching in the offensive zone. He is also better then average in the defensive zone. If i was looking for a pmd to play offensive mins totally take him for a 2nd.

johnjm22 09-12-2013 10:58 AM

Martinez was a starting defenseman for a team that won the Stanley Cup.

That defensive group that he was part of, was arguably the best in the league.

Ron* 09-12-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjm22 (Post 71038431)
martinez was a starting defenseman for a team that won the stanley cup.

That defensive group that he was part of, was arguably the best in the league.

qft.

Captain Mittens* 09-12-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 71022299)
Throw enough **** at the wall....

This is a tweet. And it's something I think half of the board did think about when they read that Joni is out for the year. I thought about it. And then I though about some Carolina BBQ

http://th102.photobucket.com/albums/...14/th_mmmm.jpg

KingCanadain1976 09-12-2013 12:04 PM

qft? quite fn true? not sure what that is

Captain Mittens* 09-12-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 (Post 71040967)
qft? quite fn true? not sure what that is

quoted
for
truth

It's the cool way to say "right on bro" or "You're ****ing right" or "this"

Brodeur 09-12-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 (Post 71023695)
I was thinking the same thing earlier today ( posted in the carolina looking for a defenseman thread) . The only question is what kinda return would he get? I was hoping for a 2nd but i think 3 and 5 would do it to be honest.Any other thoughts?

Given the options, I think Carolina might prefer to sign a free agent like Ron Hainsey rather than give up assets. That or they can wait and see who hits the waiver wire in a few weeks.

KingCanadain1976 09-12-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dingo (Post 71041003)
quoted
for
truth

It's the cool way to say "right on bro" or "You're ****ing right" or "this"

ty learn something everyday :)

Basilisk 09-12-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 (Post 71041275)
ty learn something everyday :)

Google acronym searches are quite handy, too. :)

Captain Mittens* 09-12-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 71041109)
Given the options, I think Carolina might prefer to sign a free agent like Ron Hainsey rather than give up assets. That or they can wait and see who hits the waiver wire in a few weeks.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1497151

We have a winner!

Quote:

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip 25s
Rutherford says Canes have signed Hainsey to one-year deal at $2 million.

Brodeur 09-12-2013 03:13 PM

Toss enough spaghetti against a wall, some of it's bound to stick! The Carolina posters seemed to think Hainsey was on the radar for awhile, so it wasn't too much of a prediction.

It's too bad about Pitkanen though, didn't realize how badly he had been injured last year chasing down an icing. I didn't mind the hybrid icing during the prospects game last week.

The Tikkanen 09-12-2013 03:50 PM

With Mitchell and Greene not likely to play 82, Regehr is a beast but he's on the other side of 30 and Muzzin is still unproven over a full season having Martinez is a great feather in Lombardi's cap. I don't see any reason why the Kings would rush to trade the guy, you're not gonna get what AMart can bring if there is an injury to the Kings defense. DEPTH!

dman3474 09-12-2013 06:26 PM

still have ellerby and schultz in the picture too

Telos 09-12-2013 07:46 PM

I am so happy with our defensive depth and out top 4, that it doesn't really matter to me which player they choose to get rid of. Either Schultz, Martinez, or Ellerby is fine with me. They all have their pluses and minuses and are surrounded by a terrific supporting cast as well as great prospect depth. Each guy can fill a 5-6 role competently, so it is a non-issue. If I were Dean, I would probably lean more toward dealing Martinez, as he probably has more appeal and value around the league which would make him an easier sell.

HYORI 1963 09-12-2013 08:06 PM

Well, this rumor is a no-brainer. I like Martinez but I could understand why he'd be the one to go. I'm afraid we won't get fair value in return for him unfortunately.

Maybe we can get a 3rd???

Johnny Utah 09-12-2013 08:10 PM

If injuries don't happen, Kings can't keep Martinez in the press box with either Ellerby or Schultz for the whole year....might as well deal him for something and let those two be the bench warmers...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.