HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   To Brisebois the poster (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=14970)

mcphee 09-28-2003 04:46 AM

To Brisebois the poster

Happy New Year man, albeit a few days late. This is actually Darz' job but what does a Finnish guy know about Jewish holidays.

Brisebois 09-28-2003 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphee
Happy New Year man, albeit a few days late. This is actually Darz' job but what does a Finnish guy know about Jewish holidays.

lol thanks.

Whew what a week-end.

Spent most of the time at the pulpit screaming my lungs off.

Friday night there was a downpour... and i mean a serious downpour here in Ottawa. A real thunderstorm. Bolts of lightning were zapping all the sinners left and right :). I had to get back from the Synagogue to some guys house about a 15 minute walk away. But the problem was that I was in my new suit and I had no raincoat. So I grabbed a garbage bag, and stripped down to my boxers and undershirt-tzitzis (that's an undershirt with the Jewish strings on them) and dumped the rest of my clothes in the bag. With no one on the streets I figured I'd get away with it (most of the way is on side streets). Anyway, I started the long trek and on the way met a bunch of drunken people. Sheesh it was embarrassing. I wonder what they thought, seeing this half-naked Rabbi (with a beard) walking down the street with a garbage bag over his shoulder.:D Needless to say, they stayed away from me. And my suit was dry. :yo:

Gros Bill 09-29-2003 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisebois
lol thanks.

.... Anyway, I started the long trek and on the way met a bunch of drunken people. Sheesh it was embarrassing. I wonder what they thought, seeing this half-naked Rabbi (with a beard) walking down the street with a garbage bag over his shoulder.:D Needless to say, they stayed away from me. And my suit was dry. :yo:

Funny story, Brisebois.

Don't worry about what they (the drunks) thought. They probably thought you were Santa Claus.

Brisebois 09-29-2003 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Funny story, Brisebois.

Don't worry about what they (the drunks) thought. They probably thought you were Santa Claus.

Well, a much younger version of Santa Claus :p

Brisebois 09-30-2003 12:57 PM

Update: I bumped into the same group again earlier today :blush:

Mike8 09-30-2003 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisebois
Update: I bumped into the same group again earlier today :blush:

ha! Did they recognize you, fully clothed this time I'm assuming?

Brisebois 09-30-2003 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike8
ha! Did they recognize you, fully clothed this time I'm assuming?

Yes, though I unsuccessfully tried to duck under a parked car :rolly:

One of them called out: "Hey look guys. It's that Noah dude!"