HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Pre-Game Talk: 2013-2014 Training Camp/Preseason Discussion Thread Part 2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1498039)

Krampus 09-14-2013 09:28 PM

2013-2014 Training Camp/Preseason Discussion Thread Part 2
 
SKIP TO PAGE 4 TO AVOID USELESS ARGUMENTS

seriously

Thirty One 09-14-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nils2317 (Post 71115269)
Try not to kill each other

Don't tell me what to do, *******.

Krampus 09-14-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -31- (Post 71115301)
Don't tell me what to do, *******.

why you heff to be mad?

It not even game. It forum.

Thirty One 09-14-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nils2317 (Post 71115367)
why you heff to be mad?

It not even game. It forum.

It's just that you're sending us mixed messages.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nils2317 (Post 71115269)
Try not to kill each other

Quote:

Originally Posted by nils2317 (Post 71115305)


Lerb 09-14-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewbackatu (Post 71115385)
Btw, here is Couture's playoff #'s:

49 games. 33 points

Stepan:

37 games. 14 points

Get the picture?

you literally just ignored the points that I made and did exactly wha.... never mind. It's like arguing with a dying raccoon. No matter what you say, they won't listen to it, understand it and will only keep on screaming incoherent things.

Krampus 09-14-2013 09:39 PM

And here's their season stats from last year:

48 games. 44 points.

48 games. 37 points.

Guess who's who

Thirty One 09-14-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewbackatu (Post 71115569)
You would make a good politician with all the spins you put on everything. In my world, it's really much simpler than all of that.

Please explain how that's a spin. Be specific.

Thirty One 09-14-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nils2317 (Post 71115601)
And here's their season stats from last year:

48 games. 44 points.

48 games. 37 points.

Guess who's who

*whom

Dactyl 09-14-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nils2317 (Post 71115601)
And here's their season stats from last year:

48 games. 44 points.

48 games. 37 points.

Guess who's who

only playoff points matter duh

Raspewtin 09-14-2013 09:43 PM

Drew I'm personally a fan of when we disagree with you we're all tweenyboppers that don't actually understand the game.

Thirty One 09-14-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raspewtin (Post 71115717)
Drew I'm personally a fan of when we disagree with you we're all tweenyboppers that don't actually understand the game.

Speak up, sonny.

Lerb 09-14-2013 09:47 PM

Here's more Drawbackachu logic


Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewbackatu (Post 71115239)
All of these young, teenybopper posters on here need to make a quantitative analysis like equation out of a player's stats in deciphering just how good they think they are when in reality, all you need is some good old fashioned common sense(which isn't always so common) to understand what a player is, what he is capable of doing and what his upside is.
There is a very good reason why most of a players are "no shows" in the playoffs most of the time. It has to do with tighter checking, more physical play and less room to skate and manuever. The munchkins which make up most of our roster just can't get it done when time and space is at a premium!


You dismiss what everyone is saying by making another facetious remark about our proper use and interpretation of numbers and stats by mocking it instead of coming up with a logical counterpoint. Then you undermine all that's being said against you by belittling posters and claiming that common sense is sufficient in figuring out who the better players is. Then you proceed to try and make a point using the very statistics that you discredited yourself by saying that our use of stats is not ideal. So our use of numbers and stats is invalid and yours is valid and our common sense and interpretation is baseless but your's isn't?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewbackatu (Post 71115385)
Btw, here is Couture's playoff #'s:

49 games. 33 points

Stepan:

37 games. 14 points

Get the picture?

Then you dismiss everything I said (because you don't have a valid response for) and start off by saying "btw". You're not even trying to comprehend what's being said anymore.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan 09-14-2013 09:48 PM

Couture is the Sharks' franchise player, Giroux is the Flyers franchise player, Duchene is one of potentially 3 franchise player on the Avs, Stepan is no where near their level

Thirty One 09-14-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clowe Knows Best (Post 71115899)
Couture is the Sharks' franchise player, Giroux is the Flyers franchise player, Duchene is one of potentially 3 franchise player on the Avs, Stepan is no where near their level

I thought you were in bed, Devils fan.

And that's a ****** means of evaluation. The Rangers are a lot better than all of those teams.

Raspewtin 09-14-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clowe Knows Best (Post 71115899)
Couture is the Sharks' franchise player, Giroux is the Flyers franchise player, Duchene is one of potentially 3 franchise player on the Avs, Stepan is no where near their level

seriously what is with this belief that Couture is eons better than Stepan? This season Stepan had 7 more points than him while playing about a mile better defense than him. I'd actually put Stepan ABOVE Couture.

Barbara Underhill 09-14-2013 09:53 PM

Ignorant people telling people they need common sense makes me chuckle.

I'm definitely not a teen and I don't agree with the majority of the nonsense you spew.

You don't need to rely on stats, that's true, you can learn a lot more by watching and paying attention.

But shoving your opinion down people's throats, using exclamation points, and bringing up your advanced age as if it somehow makes you win by default is pretty silly.

Are you also one of those people who thinks the louder they talk the more relevant they are?

Lerb 09-14-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara underhill (Post 71116039)
ignorant people telling people they need common sense makes me chuckle.

I'm definitely not a teen and i don't agree with the majority of the nonsense you spew.

You don't need to rely on stats, that's true, you can learn a lot more by watching and paying attention.

But shoving your opinion down people's throats, using exclamation points, and bringing up your advanced age as if it somehow makes you win by default is pretty silly.

Are you also one of those people who thinks the louder they talk the more relevant they are?

-31- johnc and i combine for more oldness than either one of you non-teenyboppers so hey.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan 09-14-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -31- (Post 71115951)
I thought you were in bed, Devils fan.

And that's a ****** means of evaluation. The Rangers are a lot better than all of those teams.

So I'm a Devils' fan because I'm too negative I guess? A franchise player is a franchise player regardless of how ****** their teams are. And the reality is all 3 of those guys are better players

Thirty One 09-14-2013 09:59 PM

"This was the problem with intelligence. Even when you had the information, stubborn old men would believe what they wanted."

JohnC 09-14-2013 10:03 PM

So what exactly are we getting on MSG tomorrow? Are they scrimmaging?

Thirty One 09-14-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clowe Knows Best (Post 71116193)
So I'm a Devils' fan because I'm too negative I guess? A franchise player is a franchise player regardless of how ****** their teams are. And the reality is all 3 of those guys are better players

No, because of your username. You've now not picked up on the exact same obvious joke twice.

The Devils franchise player is Andy Greene. Is he better than Stepan by default too?

Krampus 09-14-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clowe Knows Best (Post 71116193)
So I'm a Devils' fan because I'm too negative I guess? A franchise player is a franchise player regardless of how ****** their teams are. And the reality is all 3 of those guys are better players

it was assumed you're a devils fan because you're from jersey and you're username is Clowe

it seems you thought clowe would actually stay in new york

Dactyl 09-14-2013 10:03 PM

the key fact that drew is leaving out is that stepan is a ranger. if drew was a sharks fan, i have no doubt he would be bashing couture and drooling over stepan.

Thirty One 09-14-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnC (Post 71116339)
So what exactly are we getting on MSG tomorrow? Are they scrimmaging?

Yes.

Is their a training camp # list somewhere?

Lerb 09-14-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -31- (Post 71116231)
"This was the problem with intelligence. Even when you had the information, stubborn old men would believe what they wanted."

FTFY

This modified version is brought to you in part by:

Centrum 50+, helping you through every part of your journey.

"This was the problem with intelligence. Even when you had the information, clueless teenyboppers would believe what they wanted"


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.