HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   2013-2014 Lake Erie Monsters/ Denver Cutthroats Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1498993)

Foppa Frossa 09-16-2013 09:30 PM

2013-2014 Lake Erie Monsters/ Denver Cutthroats Thread
 
Excited to see what this team can do this year with Duncan Siemens, (hopefully healthy) Hishon, Sgarbossa and Colin Smith. Goaltending should be real sharp as well. Hopefully a deep playoff run is in the cards for both the Monsters and the Avs!

Link of the old thread : http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1312069

[Mod] please take note that this thread is about the Lake Erie Monsters, but also the Denver Cutthroats, thank you for your feedback

madman 09-17-2013 12:23 PM

I think we need to see a year of significant growth from the Monsters. It's encouraging that Roy wants to run a consistent system between the Avs and the farm teams, and this year should ice a team in Lake Erie that's a nice blend of higher-end prospects and guys with professional experience. Hopefully Hish gets healthy and stays healthy - otherwise, this a team that looks like it could be a bit short on skilled guys up front.

Foppa Frossa 09-25-2013 01:14 PM

Will we have anyone around for the Monsters training camp? Be interesting to see if Siemens and Elliott can get their grooves back.


On Elliott:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach Roy
"It was a tough decision, but at the same time, we think he needs to play," Avs coach Patrick Roy said. "He needs to play a lot of minutes. He needs to be a No. 1 guy over there. Here, he could have been (a seventh) D-man, and I thought that would not be good for his development."


tigervixxxen 09-25-2013 06:00 PM

Monsters released their training camp roster

http://lakeeriemonsters.com.ismmedia...ster_FINAL.pdf

PensFan101 09-28-2013 04:21 AM

Huge Owen Sound connection with Hishon, Conway, and Zweep all in Lake Erie for camp (and Schumacher was drafted by the Attack but traded before he played). Zweep always seems to prove me wrong, maybe the guy will catch on with a pro team somewhere and fight his way up to the show.

And obviously hoping for the best for Hishon. This kid deserves to be in the NHL and more importantly deserves a clean bill of health.

While I'm on the topic, is there an Attack connection I'm missing with the Avs' management team? Or is the Southern Ontario scout for the Avs just really credible, given O'Reilly, the Attack boys, Agozzino, etc?

S E P H 09-28-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PensFan101 (Post 71662205)
Huge Owen Sound connection with Hishon, Conway, and Zweep all in Lake Erie for camp (and Schumacher was drafted by the Attack but traded before he played). Zweep always seems to prove me wrong, maybe the guy will catch on with a pro team somewhere and fight his way up to the show.

And obviously hoping for the best for Hishon. This kid deserves to be in the NHL and more importantly deserves a clean bill of health.

While I'm on the topic, is there an Attack connection I'm missing with the Avs' management team? Or is the Southern Ontario scout for the Avs just really credible, given O'Reilly, the Attack boys, Agozzino, etc?

Rick Pracey who is our main scout, scouts the OHL league so that is why we have so many players coming from Ontario. Also consider he is freakin amazing at his job, finding all these hidden gems like Blandisi, Heard, Hishon, Schumacher, Bigras, O'Reilly, Agozzino, and Martin.

Freudian 09-28-2013 07:36 PM

LEM play in a pre-season game vs Grand Rapids today. Meanwhile on HNIC Grand Rapids, wearing Red Wings jerseys, are playing Maple Leafs in Toronto.

BrickAHL 09-28-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freudian (Post 71682153)
LEM play in a pre-season game vs Grand Rapids today. Meanwhile on HNIC Grand Rapids, wearing Red Wings jerseys, are playing Maple Leafs in Toronto.

Wait, what?

Freudian 09-28-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrickAHL (Post 71682201)
Wait, what?

Wings are using 12-13 AHL players. God knows who Grand Rapids are using today.

tigervixxxen 09-28-2013 08:43 PM

Frk is there, I know that.

I guess we should be glad the Avs at least have radio since the best the Monsters can do is Doug live tweeting.

The Mars Volchenkov 09-28-2013 09:13 PM

Heard from Colin Smith and Siemens. Basically, a scoring combination the Avs would love to see more of.

Freudian 09-28-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov (Post 71685199)
Heard from Colin Smith and Siemens. Basically, a scoring combination the Avs would love to see more of.

On the PP. Good for all those guys to get offensive minutes.

KingSizeKirby 09-29-2013 08:43 AM

Will be going to the game tonight at the WFCU center. Pumped to see Siemens play.

tigervixxxen 09-29-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingSizeKirby (Post 71697845)
Will be going to the game tonight at the WFCU center. Pumped to see Siemens play.

Any comments from the game? Again, we had to rely only on twitter for updates. Pickard gets a 2-0 shutout with Olver and Laurisden getting the goals. Sounds like Siemens and Elliott are paired up. I'm thinking this might be a fun team to follow this season.

Avs_19 09-30-2013 05:00 PM

Lake Erie Monsters @monstershockey
RELEASED: Reid, Millan, Patterson and Soudek have been released from #LEM Training Camp. The roster now stands at 28. #AliveInCLE

Guess that means Millan and Patterson are headed to the Cutthroats.

Anyone know if Hishon is back skating/practicing/playing?

Av-merican 09-30-2013 05:05 PM

Will be interesting to see how well the Cutthroats fare with the Avs seemingly on the cusp of a revival. I'm still going to try and catch a game or two at Denver Coliseum this year.

In other news, the Monsters once again won't have to do much to be the best professional sports team in Cleveland, it appears.

henchman24 09-30-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av-merican (Post 71759727)
Will be interesting to see how well the Cutthroats fare with the Avs seemingly on the cusp of a revival. I'm still going to try and catch a game or two at Denver Coliseum this year.

In other news, the Monsters once again won't have to do much to be the best professional sports team in Cleveland, it appears.

Other than the Indians have won 10 straight, and the Browns have won their last two. :sarcasm:

tigervixxxen 09-30-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Anyone know if Hishon is back skating/practicing/playing?
I have heard he was practicing. I have no idea if he got in either of these games. You'd think the Monsters or Doug would bother mentioning it one way or the other but no.

henchman24 10-04-2013 03:28 PM

So Siemens isn't on Lake Erie's roster... anybody know what is going on?

BrickAHL 10-04-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henchman24 (Post 72001125)
So Siemens isn't on Lake Erie's roster... anybody know what is going on?

I have no idea, I hope it's just a mistake on their part.

Avs_19 10-04-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henchman24 (Post 72001125)
So Siemens isn't on Lake Erie's roster... anybody know what is going on?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrickAHL (Post 72001553)
I have no idea, I hope it's just a mistake on their part.

He's there....

http://www.lakeeriemonsters.com/team/

First guy listed just no information for him.

henchman24 10-04-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avs_19 (Post 72002211)
He's there....

http://www.lakeeriemonsters.com/team/

First guy listed just no information for him.

Must have just shown up... I was on the site not 10 minutes ago and he wasn't there. :laugh:

Avs_19 10-04-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henchman24 (Post 72002301)
Must have just shown up... I was on the site not 10 minutes ago and he wasn't there. :laugh:

They might have missed him the first time and just updated it because now they have all his info as well.

henchman24 10-04-2013 03:56 PM

So tonight is there opener... anybody know their lines at this point? I have missed the whole preseason for them.

Freudian 10-04-2013 03:56 PM

He did play in the pre-season games and had an assist.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.