HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   PGT: Barons Lose to Jets 3-2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1499571)

Mr Forever 09-17-2013 09:34 PM

Barons Lose to Jets 3-2

Nice last second surge. Discuss...

harpoon 09-17-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragss (Post 71243485)
Blows my mind how many of you are just ******* your pants at the thought of Omark failing.

Agreed. Its quite disturbing to see some of the gleeful comments in the gdt.

Comrade Blunderbore 09-17-2013 09:37 PM

overall, great game. some of the guys deserve a proper stink eye, but most were just fine.

KneeOnKnee 09-17-2013 09:37 PM

Getting tired of always being on the wrong end of the shot clock.

Mr Forever 09-17-2013 09:38 PM

I thought a handful of guys looked really good tonight, especially Moroz and Pitlick. Didn't expect that from them.

Bryanbryoil 09-17-2013 09:38 PM

Gagner, Yakupov, Petry and Smid are Barons?

oilers2k10 09-17-2013 09:39 PM

I liked Omark, one thing he always shows is compete..sure he may be a bit of a sideshow now and then but he definitely brings it every night. Good coaching could make good use of him I think.

Yakupov is extremely fast..missed seeing him all summer, nice to see him on the ice again.

Trafalgar Law 09-17-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Forever (Post 71243747)
I thought a handful of guys looked really good tonight, especially Moroz and Pitlick. Didn't expect that from them.

I never managed to get the stream to work. Most of what I read in the GDT seemed pretty normal, Yak in control offensively, Abney incompetent etc. Could you detail Moroz/Pitlick's play please?

armandh01 09-17-2013 09:40 PM

To me I thought we did good considering our roster deficiencies.

oilers2k10 09-17-2013 09:41 PM

I missed the first two periods, did I miss anything good? Anything at all?

czar99 09-17-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil (Post 71243763)

No but the rest are.

Bryanbryoil 09-17-2013 09:42 PM

I liked the play of: Larsen, Klefbom, Joensuu, Moroz, Yakupov, and Martindale tonight.

Gagner made some solid plays offensively as well.

Grebs IMO was awful, Omark isn't doing himself any favors either. Ryan Hamilton didn't show me enough to consider him as an NHL player, Lander needs to show more IMO as well.

Mr Forever 09-17-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law (Post 71243861)
I never managed to get the stream to work. Most of what I read in the GDT seemed pretty normal, Yak in control offensively, Abney incompetent etc. Could you detail Moroz/Pitlick's play please?

IMO, Pitlick seemed to be in the play a lot this game. I don't know if it was just me, or the line he was on, but I heard his name all the time and he always seemed to be in the offensive zone. His hands are horrible though and reminds me a lot of Paajarvi. Moroz was nice on the forecheck, and played really well physically. He played the type of game you expect from a good grinder.

hallsyoilerforever 09-17-2013 09:42 PM

Omark, Grebs, Hamilton, Martindale, and obviously Abney weren't great.

Mr Forever 09-17-2013 09:43 PM

HM to Martindale, who seems to have gotten a fire lit under his ass.

jumptheshark 09-17-2013 09:43 PM

Larson ****ing sucked and my hate of Omark is off the chart

Comrade Blunderbore 09-17-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilers2k10 (Post 71243883)
I missed the first two periods, did I miss anything good? Anything at all?

first period was a pleasure to watch. as long as everybody was fresh and going, the intensity was over the top, we simply manhandled them at times.

BoldNewLettuce 09-17-2013 09:43 PM

I didn't watch most of it...but I did see a nice play by Yak.

Also, I've always been a fan of Omark's weird punching bag/agitator game when he's at the boards....not really convinced it's as effective is it ought to be but it's amazing how he can generate a penalty or scoring chance from just getting manhandled on the wing.

If there weren't at least three guys ahead of him I think Omark-Gordon-Joenssu would make an interesting possession line.

TheWarriorSwe 09-17-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iCanada (Post 71243691)
We dont want omark to fail at all. I'd personally love if Omark came out and showned himselt good enought to beat our 7 top six forwards for a top six spot.

I dunno, at this point I just tired of the same old same old Omark crap. He spends so much time coasting, not skating, not being in defensive position. I think he hurts this hockey club.

Really? Because let me tell you, all the posts you made today regarding Omark it really seems like you personally would love nothing more but Omark to fail.

I didnt see Omark coast one time today. He was lost defensivly more than once. And quite frankly there is no excusses for that.

Both the penelties he got was kinda close calls. Personally i think the first one was really a ******** call while the second one if it was a dive was just dumb as **** by him. I missed the replay...

He needs to show a ton more or he is going to the ahl. But am sure he will get a few more chances this preseason.

s7ark 09-17-2013 09:44 PM

Omark looked slow and weak out there. He'll need to show much more if he wants to stay in Edmonton. Larsen was brutal all game, and then makes 2 good plays to get the game close. Smid looked rusty, Petry better but not great. Klefbom was ok but didn't stand out. Grebs was bad all around. Gagner definitely our best forward. Yak seemed to improve as the game went along. Jones was invisible all game. Joensuu certainly wasn't. Jones better watch out or Joensuu will take his spot on the 3rd line.

All in all, we got outplayed and the reffing was bad. But it wasn't even close to our starting lineup, and the guys didn't get embarrassed by a near opening night Jets roster. So I am not too annoyed. I hope our second preseason game vs the jets has a few more of our starters.

nofool6110 09-17-2013 09:44 PM

Larsen was awful all game. I went to eat, and now people are saying he played well?

Well, he did outscore Grebeshkov, so...

Arpeggio 09-17-2013 09:44 PM

Larsen is really impressive with the puck in my eyes. He's competing with Grebeshkov though so he's in tough.

I don't think we should be making any judgements on the team as a whole until more of the final roster is playing together. None of these guys have chemistry playing together, so the final result doesn't really mean anything. But of course everyone knows that, but will complain anyway.

harpoon 09-17-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil (Post 71243763)

Did you catch a feed Bryan? Winnipeg site feed worked great for me all game. And they actually had announcers who called the play. So once again I have to thank the opposition side for providing me with the entertainment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 (Post 71243543)
Me two he has looked good imo.

Really? He had three good shifts there in the third, but the rest of what I've seen has been pretty meh. I guess at least he hasn't been getting schooled like Grebs. I don't see how Grebs makes the team. He skates real good, but his anticipation of what might happen in the d-zone is not nearly at the NHL level. Is he really an upgrade over Foster or Barker or Whitney?

Mr Forever 09-17-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWarriorSwe (Post 71243981)
Really? Because let me tell you, all the posts you made today regarding Omark it really seems like you personally would love nothing more but Omark to fail.

I didnt see Omark coast one time today. He was lost defensivly more than once. And quite frankly there is no excusses for that.

Both the penelties he got was kinda close calls. Personally i think the first one was really a ******** call while the second one if it was a dive was just dumb as **** by him. I missed the replay...

He needs to show a ton more or he is going to the ahl. But am sure he will get a few more chances this preseason.

Why would a fan want their players to do poorly?

Omark was meh today. SImple as that.

Bryanbryoil 09-17-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law (Post 71243861)

Moroz scored and played fairly physical out there, I didn't mind his game at all.

Pitlick had some good hits but showed little offensively. IMO he looked a bit bigger than in seasons past.