HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   OT: Boucher in Swiss League @ Zug (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1500719)

Flukeshot 09-20-2013 09:02 AM

Boucher in Swiss League @ Zug
 
Not sure if it was noted already but I just noticed Brian Boucher is playing this season for Zug. I was surprised because I thought he was destined to be an AHL ast. Coach.

Anyone know the circumstances of the signing or if he was offered a gig by Flyers org? I guess he still wanted to play and didn't get NHL or AHL offers.

FlyersFan61290 09-20-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flukeshot (Post 71330271)
Not sure if it was noted already but I just noticed Brian Boucher is playing this season for Zug. I was surprised because I thought he was destined to be an AHL ast. Coach.

Anyone know the circumstances of the signing or if he was offered a gig by Flyers org? I guess he still wanted to play and didn't get NHL or AHL offers.

I'm sure as soon as he decides to hang them up he'll have a spot in the org waiting for him, even if it's only a scouting one to start. Eventually I could see him moving on to something better but not until he retires.

FreshPerspective 09-20-2013 09:52 AM

Perfect...considering how he played like swiss cheese in the latter part of his career. Bryz should join him and be King Swiss...

MiamiScreamingEagles 09-20-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flukeshot (Post 71330271)
Not sure if it was noted already but I just noticed Brian Boucher is playing this season for Zug. I was surprised because I thought he was destined to be an AHL ast. Coach.

Anyone know the circumstances of the signing or if he was offered a gig by Flyers org? I guess he still wanted to play and didn't get NHL or AHL offers.

The signing happened in mid-July. One report said the team was debating Boucher or Rick DiPietro. It was mentioned in a thread, here, but the NBC Sports report:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...n-switzerland/

FlyersFanz 09-24-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt (Post 71331523)
Perfect...considering how he played like swiss cheese in the latter part of his career. Bryz should join him and be King Swiss...

Bryz is probably in Siberia trying to hunt bears he's so afraid of :loony:

FlyersFanz 09-24-2013 02:06 PM

Will Boucher be eligible for Switzerland for the winter olympics in Russia? I think you have to be a citizen but I could be wrong.

RJ8812 09-24-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFanz (Post 71509777)
Will Boucher be eligible for Switzerland for the winter olympics in Russia? I think you have to be a citizen but I could be wrong.



He's American and does not have Swiss citizenship

sa cyred 09-24-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 71509937)
He's American and does not have Swiss citizenship

Plus they have Hiller

FlyersFanz 09-24-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 71509937)
He's American and does not have Swiss citizenship

Dude...I was only joking...lol

Plus he's a little old to be playing in the olympics

FreshPerspective 09-25-2013 03:09 PM

Holmgren has the contract ready! :sarcasm:

Quote:

Szymon Szemberg: EV Zug of the Swiss league terminate Brian Boucherís contract after allowing 16 goals in 5 games.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sz1909_Sz...z1909_Szemberg

Flying 09-25-2013 03:14 PM

that didn't last long.

FreshPerspective 09-25-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying (Post 71554965)
that didn't last long.

He didn't outlast Leighton..go figure.

Funny how our former goalies are all exiled to irrelevency in one form or another..except Bob of course


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.