HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   GDT: Montreal VS Carolina (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1501303)

EveryDay 09-21-2013 11:17 AM

Montreal VS Carolina

Montreal Lineup

Forwards :

Bourque - Pleks - Briere
Bournival - Eller - Gallagher
Thomas - St.Pierre - Collberg
McCarron-White-Blunden.

Defenceman:

Andrei Markov-Raphael Diaz
Jarred Tinordi- Greg Pateryn
Darren Dietz-Magnus Nygren,

Goaltender :
Carey Price
Dustin Tokarski

Jessica Rusnak ‏@JessRusnak 8 min
#habs Moen is day to day with lower body injury

Pax Macioretty 09-21-2013 11:20 AM

That Markov-Diaz pairing is cringe worthy...

But umm, I'll be there tonight!!

go_habs_go 09-21-2013 11:27 AM

Seems to be a lack of 4th liners in tonight's roster. Wonder what the lines will be..

Bourque - Plekanec - Briere
Gallagher - Eller - Collberg
McCaron - St.Pierre - Bournival
Thomas - White - Blunden(grrr)

HCH 09-21-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 71366613)
That Markov-Diaz pairing is cringe worthy...

But umm, I'll be there tonight!!

I would like to see Pateryn with Markov and Diaz with Tinordi.... seems like the skill sets would be more complementary

Draft 09-21-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_habs_go (Post 71366793)
Seems to be a lack of 4th liners in tonight's roster. Wonder what the lines will be..

Bourque - Plekanec - Briere
Gallagher - Eller - Collberg
McCaron - St.Pierre - Bournival
Thomas - White - Blunden(grrr)

Bourque-Plekanec-Thomas <-- Two vets that play together + potential replacement
Briere-Eller-Gallagher <- Two vets that play together + potential replacement if Galchenyuk moves to C or top line
Bournival-St.Pierre-Collberg <-- Potential AHL line
Blunden-White-McCarron <-- Giving Mac a chance to lay some big hits on defensive/energy line duties

...would be my guess

PricePkPatch 09-21-2013 11:43 AM

I'd like to see Bournival with Eller. see what he can do with real NHLers

Chris Cutter 09-21-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HCH (Post 71366925)
I would like to see Pateryn with Markov and Diaz with Tinordi.... seems like the skill sets would be more complementary

I thought about those pairings too, I don't know if Pateryn is ready for it but he's only righty we have for the job.

JLP 09-21-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HCH (Post 71366925)

Agree. Although Pateryn and Tinordi looked solid when they were paired earlier, Pateryn has made it through this far in the preseason and has the skills we lack (RH, big, mean) for D, so it would be prudent to have him play beside a vet to help refine his NHL game. Similar idea pairing big Tinordi w/ an experienced puck-mover like Diaz.

HCH 09-21-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PricePkPatch (Post 71367169)
I'd like to see Bournival with Eller. see what he can do with real NHLers

Bournival could force management to make some tough decisions with a couple of more good showings. His versatility to play center or wing and his ability to play on the PK make him even more valuable. From the way things are unfolding at this camp, the upcoming season could be the last one for a couple of veteran forwards currently occupying top 6 or top 9 positions.

HCH 09-21-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Cutter (Post 71367201)
I thought about those pairings too, I don't know if Pateryn is ready for it but he's only righty we have for the job.

I don't know if he is ready either but Markov has proven to be a good partner for other young defensemen. It would be a great opportunity for Pateryn to learn from a master.

HCH 09-21-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLP (Post 71367317)
Agree. Although Pateryn and Tinordi looked solid when they were paired earlier, Pateryn has made it through this far in the preseason and has the skills we lack (RH, big, mean) for D, so it would be prudent to have him play beside a vet to help refine his NHL game. Similar idea pairing big Tinordi w/ an experienced puck-mover like Diaz.

My thoughts exactly

hogtownhabsfan* 09-21-2013 11:53 AM

I want to see:

Bournival-Holland-McCarron

I think that could be a great line in a few years.

Captain Saku 09-21-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EveryDay (Post 71366545)
Montreal Lineup

Forwards :

Bourque - Pleks - Briere
Bournival - Eller - Gallagher
Thomas - St.Pierre - Collberg
McCarron-White-Blunden.

Defenceman:

Andrei Markov-Raphael Diaz
Jarred Tinordi- Greg Pateryn
Darren Dietz-Magnus Nygren,

Goaltender :
Carey Price
Dustin Tokarski

Jessica Rusnak ‏@JessRusnak 8 min
#habs Moen is day to day with lower body injury

Would've preferred to take another look at Holland. I've been intrigued with his performances so far. Collberg and McCarron will not make the team, so I would've played Holland instead one of them.

Chris Cutter 09-21-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HCH (Post 71367401)
I don't know if he is ready either but Markov has proven to be a good partner for other young defensemen. It would be a great opportunity for Pateryn to learn from a master.

My concern is that Markov would have to turn down the aggressive pinches a notch because Pateryn (although he's worked on his speed) is no speed demon compared to Emelin. Emelin at times last season saved Markov's ass a lot after misreading a play and causing an odd man rush. Sure Markov made defenseman look like a million bucks in the past (hell we saw one last night), but that was the Markov with speed who had two healthy knees. I think Pateryn could do the job till Emelin comes back.

My pairings would be:
Tinordi-Subban
Markov-Gorges
Emelin-Diaz

When Emelin comes back (unless Diaz is attrocious then put Pateryn with Emelin).

PyrettaBlaze 09-21-2013 12:00 PM

Are those the official lines? I haven't seen any tweets confirming..?

EveryDay 09-21-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze (Post 71367643)
Are those the official lines? I haven't seen any tweets confirming..?

No its a guess by Kramer...

Dan Kramer ‏@DanKramerHabs 2 h
My guess at #Habs lines tonight

sharks9 09-21-2013 12:34 PM

It would be cool to see Bournival on that line.

If a centreman gets injured this year we could move Galchenyuk to center and possible see a line of Bournival-Eller-Gallagher

BigDisk 09-21-2013 12:38 PM

Lines i'd like to see :

Bourque - Plekanec - Brière
McCarron - Eller - Collberg
Bournival - St-Pierre - Thomas
Blunden - White - Gallager

Markov - Pateryn
Tinordi - Diaz
Nygren - Dietz

* 4 RH dmen dressed.
* The right wing is very small Collberg being the largest presence at 5'11"
* Would like to see Gallager and White on the forecheck, could be a pain in the ass off scrappy intense hockey, and perfect time for Blunded to show up for his teammates.
* Can Bournival and St-Pierre keep on building the chemistry they showed in the first exhibition game.
* About time we see Pleks, Bourque and Markov. Hopefully the last rookies will be cut after this game and we can start showing a near full lineup for the last 3 exhibition games.

EveryDay 09-21-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Saku (Post 71367545)
Would've preferred to take another look at Holland. I've been intrigued with his performances so far. Collberg and McCarron will not make the team, so I would've played Holland instead one of them.

Don't worry he'll be there next game! no reason to cut him yet....

Some idiot on Twitter.....

HabsWatch ‏@HabsWatch
At this point, Christian Thomas has career AHL'er written all over him #Habs

Dan Kramer ‏@DanKramerHabs maintenant
@HabsWatch "At this point," meaning after watching him play 2 preseason games? I fear what you think of Collberg.

Et le But 09-21-2013 12:44 PM

Too bad for Holland, but he's one of the first in line for a callup during the season while Collberg and McCarron won't be options soon enough.

overlords 09-21-2013 12:52 PM

Briere with pleks makes zero sense.

Christian Thomas will probably be the one next to Pleky and Bourque.

Dagistitsyn 09-21-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 71369027)
Briere with pleks makes zero sense.

Christian Thomas will probably be the one next to Pleky and Bourque.

Meh, that's what pre season is for. Maybe they click? I doubt it, but you never know.

Top Corner2 09-21-2013 01:10 PM

Sorry for the dumb question, but I just got apple tv...where can i stream the game?

overlords 09-21-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn (Post 71369189)
Meh, that's what pre season is for. Maybe they click? I doubt it, but you never know.

They might click offensively, but Pleks' main role on this team is playing against other team's top lines. Saddling him with Bourque and Briere pretty much ruins any chance of that actually working anymore.

Unless you think Eller can take on 1st line opposition.... I'm not sure. And I'm one of Eller's bigger fans around here.

habs03 09-21-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 71369573)
They might click offensively, but Pleks' main role on this team is playing against other team's top lines. Saddling him with Bourque and Briere pretty much ruins any chance of that actually working anymore.

Unless you think Eller can take on 1st line opposition.... I'm not sure. And I'm one of Eller's bigger fans around here.

Bourque sometimes is a little lazy defensively, actually just lazy all around, but he is good in his own end specially position wise, few years ago, remember reading an article that listed of some of the most effective forward on the pk, Bourque was one of them.

So I don't think Bouruqe is a liability in his own end, as some think, but I still would like to keep a Bouruqe Plek Gio line as the shutdown line.