HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Official Oil Kings '13-'14 Thread: WHL CHAMPIONS! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1501571)

Delicious Pancakes 09-21-2013 11:09 PM

Official Oil Kings '13-'14 Thread: WHL CHAMPIONS!

Oil Kings got off to a great start to the season last night with a 7-3 win over the Hitmen. Time to un-sticky the 2012-13 thread.

Really looking forward to seeing how this team responds with all the roster changeover. What do people think of the 3rd jerseys? I really like the logos.

thadd 09-21-2013 11:58 PM

How many returning players do they have? They've lost a to of players over the past few years. That's what you get for having such great scouts and coaches.

Delicious Pancakes 09-22-2013 12:45 AM

Six new forwards, three new D, one new goalie. Lots of young faces too.

aleshemsky83 09-22-2013 01:13 AM

Even though pysyks junior career has been over for a while he had a nice coast to coast today that was cool to see

timekeep 09-22-2013 02:43 AM

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_r...y=80&size=650x

Those alternate jerseys are fugly. Seahawk lime green, Penguins style and mostly black. Main logo sorta looks like the Patriots, the shoulder patch is alright. Are they thinking of a color change or is there a reason for this color scheme? Hopefully they stay with the Royal Blue, can't stand jerseys that have so much Black.

MoneyGuy 09-22-2013 10:44 AM

Maybe they'll grow on me but I don't like the jerseys. Maybe have a poll?

Psycho Dad 09-22-2013 11:36 AM

I'd hazard a guess that the 40-and-over crowd doesn't care for them, and the people who didn't experience the original Oil Kings teams probably like the new thirds. Ye olde generation gap.

Moonlapse Vertigo 09-22-2013 01:45 PM

I'm in between. I'm 30 and I don't like 'em.

The Head Crusher 09-22-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoneyGuy (Post 71401581)
Maybe they'll grow on me but I don't like the jerseys. Maybe have a poll?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho Dad (Post 71402531)
I'd hazard a guess that the 40-and-over crowd doesn't care for them, and the people who didn't experience the original Oil Kings teams probably like the new thirds. Ye olde generation gap.

Ask and you shall receive.

In my mid 20's and I am not sure. Stand alone they are not bad looking, but when you comparison to what they have been using there seems to be co connection.

Mr Forever 09-22-2013 02:00 PM

Those jerseys look like a can of alternate flavoured Mountain Dew.

edmontonfan59 09-22-2013 03:00 PM

Nice to see the D step up with 4 of the 7 goals. If that can keep up at times that it will help with some off the fire power we lost this year and 5 - 10 on the PP is awesome vs Calgary!!

BarDownBobo 09-23-2013 03:34 AM

Mads Eller looked really good Friday. He could be a huge part of replacing all the players who are gone now.

If the get Reinhart and Lazar back they're gonna have a great team again. So glad I'm living in Edm now so I can go to more games.

Psycho Dad 09-25-2013 10:51 PM

Getting worked tonight by Regina. 5-0 after two. Send help quick! lol

Moonlapse Vertigo 09-25-2013 11:44 PM

Brutal all around effort from the Oil Kings. That was the worst game I've seen from them in at least three years.

Psycho Dad 09-26-2013 12:34 AM

Yeah, everyone but King Henrik was just gawdawful. Even Jarry couldn't make a big save or two.

Tad Mikowsky 09-26-2013 12:36 AM

Yeah that was the biggest stinker i've seen. And I've watched them when they were an expansion team.

Regina is nowhere the same as Calgary.

On a side note, we had this one dick head behind us who was heckling a regina player when he was down. When someone said to him that's not nice, he actually said : "I don't give a **** what people think. If they don't have something nice to say, don't say it." Mindblowing. Left after the second.

Plus, it was a horrible turnout. Big letdown.

I am the Liquor 09-26-2013 01:04 AM

Hope Eller is ok. Very scary moment.

Disgusting showing by vets like Moroz, Samuelsson, Corbett etc. Absolutely no leadership tonight.

Got blown out in their own rink by a bad team. I don't expect much this year, but some effort would be nice. Gave up two shorthanded goals back to back and too many breakaways to count.

At one point Samuelsson watched a Pat's player skate right by him to go in all alone on goal and made no effort to try and stop him, speed up or anything. It was one of the most pathetic things I have seen in a long time.

Psycho Dad 09-27-2013 05:25 PM

Tonight is the tribute to Kristians Pelss. Should be an emotional night.

Psycho Dad 09-27-2013 10:50 PM

Losing 3-2 after 2. Slot coverage is still a problem. Jarry let in a bad one at the end.

Moonlapse Vertigo 09-27-2013 11:00 PM

The Tigers have been great to start the year and the Oil Kings are playing them tough.

3-3 on Corbett's 2nd of the game and team leading 4th of the season.

Moonlapse Vertigo 09-27-2013 11:24 PM

Samuelsson's bounced back with a good game. 4-3 Oil Kings with about a minute left.

Mozesmadness 09-27-2013 11:32 PM

How was Moroz tonight?

Tad Mikowsky 09-27-2013 11:36 PM

Awesome glad to hear the OKs won. I need to invest in season tickets sometime.....

Psycho Dad 09-28-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mozesmadness (Post 71656683)
How was Moroz tonight?

Not very good, offensively. And he does a lot of the grab-a-guy stuff after the whistle, but he's not affecting play as much as I'd hoped.

Samuelsson, on the other hand, is a beast. The offence literally runs through him, and he's using his size much better this year.

Corbett might just make the all-star team this year. His slapper is lethal.

We cut down on the number of breakaways this game, but they had way too many undefended wristers from the slot. Good players will feast on us if we can't shut that down.

Shmoorkoff seems way out of his depth on the second pairing. Is Griffin Reinhart still junior-eligible? We need him back.

Brewster 09-28-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho Dad (Post 71658127)
Not very good, offensively. And he does a lot of the grab-a-guy stuff after the whistle, but he's not affecting play as much as I'd hoped.

Samuelsson, on the other hand, is a beast. The offence literally runs through him, and he's using his size much better this year.

Corbett might just make the all-star team this year. His slapper is lethal.

We cut down on the number of breakaways this game, but they had way too many undefended wristers from the slot. Good players will feast on us if we can't shut that down.

Shmoorkoff seems way out of his depth on the second pairing. Is Griffin Reinhart still junior-eligible? We need him back.

Yep, we just gotta hope the Isles don't keep him.