HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Holland going to Germany,DEL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=150158)

Hufi 07-09-2005 08:34 AM

Holland going to Germany,DEL

He`s playing for Ingolstadt next year..

http://www.erc-ingolstadt.de/html/index.php

NHL-Crack wechselt nach Ingolstadt - ERC Ingolstadt komplettiert Verteidigung
Der ERC Ingolstadt hat den 29-Jährigen Kanadier Jason Holland verpflichtet und damit die Planungen in der Abwehr abgeschlossen. Der 191cm große und 99kg schwere rechtsschiessende Holland, der vor dem Lock-Out in der NHL für die Los Angeles Kings, sowie deren Farmteam Manchester Monarchs spielte, soll in der kommenden Saison eine tragende Rolle in der Verteidigung des ERC Ingolstadt übernehmen.

Old Hickory 07-09-2005 11:12 AM

Here is the article in English (sorta)
Quote:

NHL-crack changes after Ingolstadt - ERC Ingolstadt completes defense
The ERC Ingolstadt obligated the 29-year-old Kanadier Jason Hollands and terminated therewith the plannings in the defense. The 191cm large and 99kg heavy to the right ski meal Holland, that before the curl-Out in the NHL for the lots Angeles Kings, as well as its farm team played Manchester monarch, a carrying roll in the defense of the ERC Ingolstadt should receive in the coming season.

Reaper45 07-09-2005 12:00 PM

So I guess we need a 7th defenseman then right?

GoneFullHolmgren 07-09-2005 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45

you would have needed one anyway. The Kings can do better then Jason Hollland.

Reaper45 07-09-2005 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
you would have needed one anyway. The Kings can do better then Jason Hollland.

Mike Weaver it is then.

Scottkmlps 07-09-2005 06:08 PM

No loss at all.

jt 07-09-2005 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45

1) Norstrom
2) Visnovsky
3) Miller
4) Gleason
5) Dempsey
6) Corvo
7) Quintal
8) Weaver

All is well.

Albi 07-09-2005 06:27 PM

Good riddance

McSorley 33 07-09-2005 08:22 PM

Man......what about my man Joe Rullier. When's its his turn?

AnThGrt 07-09-2005 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jt
1) Norstrom
2) Visnovsky
3) Miller
4) Gleason
5) Dempsey
6) Corvo
7) Quintal
8) Weaver

All is well.

No Grebs or Rullier as said how about Petiot i'd want any of those three before Corvo Quintal Weaver actually Weaver is ok but No to Corvo and Quintal just never liked him though i think our team in underrating him

Mxpunk 07-09-2005 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jt
1) Norstrom
2) Visnovsky
3) Miller
4) Gleason
5) Dempsey
6) Corvo
7) Quintal
8) Weaver

All is well.

I'm thinking Weaver or Grebs will be #7...Quintal will likely be an UFA, and at his age, it's probably not worth signing him.....

GoneFullHolmgren 07-10-2005 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McSorley 33
Man......what about my man Joe Rullier. When's its his turn?

Until Rullier learns some discipline he will stay in the AHL for example not having his tiedown secured causing him to get suspended not once but twice for a total of 3 games

King Blazer 07-10-2005 02:49 PM

To those who are thinking Grebs or Petiot as the #7, keep in mind that Grebs will be at about $770,000 and my guess is that Petiot will be close to that as well. I think there's about ZERO chance the Kings would use close to $400-k in CAP room to keep either of thos guys in L.A. to practice with the team as the 7th. Look for a player at $400-k as the 7th d-man...Also, neither Grebs nor Petiot will be subject to waivers and a hell of a lot cheaper in the AHL...Keep them in Manchester on their AHL salaries and IF they are needed in L.A., they can move up and down without having to go through waivers...

CMGDC, Holland is/was a good 7-th d-man for L.A. He has size, knows his role, and is smart enough to take the money and keep his mouth shut about playing time. All I'll say about his play in Manchester this season is that he wasn't the only d-man that played a mobil/poke-check rather than physical game. They all were, which leads me to believe that it was by design and in preparation for the "open" game the NHL is suggesting they are going to be showcasing when they return...

Basically there is ZERO reason for the Kings or any other NHL team for that matter to pay more than $400-k for a 7-th d-man in the new economic environment...Who get's the $400-k is irrelevant, unless of course if the Kings keep Miller...

PG13 07-10-2005 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hufi
He`s playing for Ingolstadt next year..

http://www.erc-ingolstadt.de/html/index.php

NHL-Crack wechselt nach Ingolstadt - ERC Ingolstadt komplettiert Verteidigung
Der ERC Ingolstadt hat den 29-Jährigen Kanadier Jason Holland verpflichtet und damit die Planungen in der Abwehr abgeschlossen. Der 191cm große und 99kg schwere rechtsschiessende Holland, der vor dem Lock-Out in der NHL für die Los Angeles Kings, sowie deren Farmteam Manchester Monarchs spielte, soll in der kommenden Saison eine tragende Rolle in der Verteidigung des ERC Ingolstadt übernehmen.

Oh nooooo .. he s one of the few Monarchs (Kings) I would not want to see over here ... Don t you want to keep him there? He may be a good addition to the Ingo defence though given the level that is played in the DEL

:shakehead

King Blazer 07-10-2005 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Offside
Oh nooooo .. he s one of the few Monarchs (Kings) I would not want to see over here ... Don t you want to keep him there? He may be a good addition to the Ingo defence though given the level that is played in the DEL

:shakehead

Actually I'd love to see him come back. Holland is a good 7-th d-man. He knows his limitations and plays within them. I look at the 7-th spot as someone you use ON OCCASION and NOT in the full-time role he was used in. Unfortunalely, the Kings have been rather injured over the past couple of seasons and Holland was put into a full-time role...He was quite capable in Manchester after the adjustment to playing in the SYSTEMS that were used last season...The systems used had the defensemen playing a more mobile and less physical game which should help him with his transition to the SEL game...Keep in mind that Holland does have an out clause should the Kings offer him a contract...

Fat Elvis 07-11-2005 09:20 AM

KJ, that was English :dunno: , made as much sense as the German.

GoneFullHolmgren 07-11-2005 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Blazer
Actually I'd love to see him come back. Holland is a good 7-th d-man. He knows his limitations and plays within them. I look at the 7-th spot as someone you use ON OCCASION and NOT in the full-time role he was used in. Unfortunalely, the Kings have been rather injured over the past couple of seasons and Holland was put into a full-time role...He was quite capable in Manchester after the adjustment to playing in the SYSTEMS that were used last season...The systems used had the defensemen playing a more mobile and less physical game which should help him with his transition to the SEL game...Keep in mind that Holland does have an out clause should the Kings offer him a contract...

well I would still take the 7 dmen that jt listed over Holland. I dont know maybe I missed something but Holland did not show me enough to warrant plying with the Kings this year over what they have now in LA and you add in Weaver(yes i know he is on the small side) or even Grebs if he works on some things this summer. I agree thou that the Kings dmen were not asked to be physical. It was the system that was used.

King Blazer 07-11-2005 12:18 PM

Quote:

well I would still take the 7 dmen that jt listed over Holland. I dont know maybe I missed something but Holland did not show me enough to warrant plying with the Kings this year over what they have now in LA

From a Monarchs fans perspective, Holland showed me a lot more last season than CORVO did to warrant playing with the Kings this year. That's probably why I wouldn't be a good GM...I look at Corvo's "history" with the team and yes the major part of that is the "off-ice" incident in Boston and I basically keep coming back to I feel Corvo really "spit" on the organization when he chose not to come to Manchester then signed with Chicago...I'd probably be cutting off my nose to spite my face but if I had a say in it, Corvo would be gone...IMO, Corvo showed ZERO commitment to the organization when he signed with Chicago...

Quote:

and you add in Weaver(yes i know he is on the small side) or even Grebs if he works on some things this summer. I agree thou that the Kings dmen were not asked to be physical. It was the system that was used.

Weaver would be a fine choice for a 7th, Grebs needs to play not watch...

GoneFullHolmgren 07-11-2005 12:48 PM

Quote:

From a Monarchs fans perspective, Holland showed me a lot more last season than CORVO did to warrant playing with the Kings this year. That's probably why I wouldn't be a good GM...I look at Corvo's "history" with the team and yes the major part of that is the "off-ice" incident in Boston and I basically keep coming back to I feel Corvo really "spit" on the organization when he chose not to come to Manchester then signed with Chicago...I'd probably be cutting off my nose to spite my face but if I had a say in it, Corvo would be gone...IMO, Corvo showed ZERO commitment to the organization when he signed with Chicago...

Weaver would be a fine choice for a 7th, Grebs needs to play not watch...

I will give you the situation with Corvo. He probably bought himself a one way ticket to another organization. Too be honest I forgot about the Corvo situation

good point there. Grebs needs to play, he wont learn a thing being stapled to the press box in LA.

jt 07-11-2005 03:36 PM

Quote:

I would love to hear someone who does interviews with Kings personnel ask this question: "What do you think about Corvo signing with Chicago instead of Manchester?" Nomatter what the answer is...you'd get your answer...there is NO way to dodge that kind of question if it's phrased right.

guzmania 07-11-2005 03:48 PM

Corvo is from Chicago. Probably has a house and wife/significant other from there. As one gets older you can't spend enough time with your mom and dad, they are gone too soon. All this may mitigate in Joe's favor, especially the signing with someone other than the Monarchs. There may be no dire conspiracy, just conveinience.

King Blazer 07-11-2005 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jt
I would love to hear someone who does interviews with Kings personnel ask this question: "What do you think about Corvo signing with Chicago instead of Manchester?" Nomatter what the answer is...you'd get your answer...there is NO way to dodge that kind of question if it's phrased right.

It was asked of Gilmore by Kevin Provencher from the Union Leader just after it was announced. Paraphrasing from memory it was something like "we're certainly not happy about it"...Basically Gilmore expressed that they we're upset with Joe and Chicago....

King Blazer 07-11-2005 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guzmaniac
Corvo is from Chicago. Probably has a house and wife/significant other from there. As one gets older you can't spend enough time with your mom and dad, they are gone too soon. All this may mitigate in Joe's favor, especially the signing with someone other than the Monarchs. There may be no dire conspiracy, just conveinience.

Many of us were told by Hubie that Joe was offered the opportunity to come to Manchester last season and cited the reasons you have as his reason for not coming. You can look at it as hey the owners locked them out so all is fair, o, as you have, it was more convenient for Joe to stay in the Chicago area and those are all valid points. I look at it as the Organization more than likely took a PR hit when they retained Joe after the Boston incident and then not only did they retain him, they gave him a raise. Pretty decent IMO. Yes, there's also the investment the Kings already had in Corvo at the time so that likely played into all of it as well...Maybe you don't think Corvo owes the Kings anything and again, I can see how you could arrive at that. He's paid to do a job and he does it.

All of this doesn't change my thought that Corvo went with what was convenient to him when he signed with Chicago and I look at it as sunbbing the Kings and some of his team mates in the process...I hope he's gone...

jt 07-11-2005 04:36 PM

I think Corvo has a great deal of talent and the Kings believe that if he can get his act together that he could EASILY be a top 4 Dman. I compare him to Deron Quint in this respect and seeing some guys make it through their troubles and emerge as legit top 4 Dmen (Boucher, Dempsey, Miller, Klemm)...well, I can see why they'd cut him some slack. That said, there comes a time when the slack is all used up and it's time to cut him loose. I would be that time will be soon for Mr. Corvo...not now but probably next summer.

Reaper45 07-11-2005 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jt
I think Corvo has a great deal of talent and the Kings believe that if he can get his act together that he could EASILY be a top 4 Dman. I compare him to Deron Quint in this respect and seeing some guys make it through their troubles and emerge as legit top 4 Dmen (Boucher, Dempsey, Miller, Klemm)...well, I can see why they'd cut him some slack. That said, there comes a time when the slack is all used up and it's time to cut him loose. I would be that time will be soon for Mr. Corvo...not now but probably next summer.

Isn't Corvo scheduled to be a rfa this season? Or is he already? Maybe they just dont resign him?