HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Claimed off Waivers: Marc-Andre Cliche to Colorado (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1501721)

Marc the Habs Fan 09-22-2013 11:19 AM

Marc-Andre Cliche to Colorado
 
Kevin Allen ‏@ByKevinAllen now
Colorado claimed Marc-Andre Cliche on waivers from LA

caley 09-22-2013 11:21 AM

Weird. I'd think Brandon Kozun would be the more appealing LA King on waivers. This is, what, the 3-4th time Cliche has been on waivers.

Gigantor The Goalie 09-22-2013 11:21 AM

AHL depth move?

hockeyfish 09-22-2013 11:23 AM

There is a player named Cliche out there? How... Cliche.

Mystlyfe 09-22-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caley (Post 71403567)
Weird. I'd think Brandon Kozun would be the more appealing LA King on waivers. This is, what, the 3-4th time Cliche has been on waivers.

Cliche on waivers is getting rather cliche at this point.

caley 09-22-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie (Post 71403573)
AHL depth move?

He can't got to the AHL without going back on waivers, at which point the Kings could just re-claim him and assign him to their AHL team.

Telos 09-22-2013 11:27 AM

Interesting, must have saw something they liked in the preseason. Figured Kozun would be the first one claimed. Good luck to Cliche though.

Freudian 09-22-2013 11:28 AM

With Roy and two of his assistants being former QMJHL head coaches, perhaps they know him from before and want to give him a shot.

Lonewolfe2015 09-22-2013 12:17 PM

I literally didn't even know this guy existed... a rarity for me to be honest. Can a King fan enlighten me at all about him? If he's got 4th line potential I could see the appeal since we don't really have anyone other than Malone that exemplifies 4th line qualities in our system that has the experience to be called up right now.

Olver isn't a great grinder, so we technically have a 14th forward slot that could be won over I suppose.

Reaper45 09-22-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 (Post 71405279)
I literally didn't even know this guy existed... a rarity for me to be honest. Can a King fan enlighten me at all about him? If he's got 4th line potential I could see the appeal since we don't really have anyone other than Malone that exemplifies 4th line qualities in our system that has the experience to be called up right now.

Olver isn't a great grinder, so we technically have a 14th forward slot that could be won over I suppose.

Typical 4th line center. Played 1 game for us a few years ago. Didn't look out of place. Probably will be another in a long line of Kings who couldn't make it here do to a numbers game to carve out an NHL career ala Smithson, Clune, Hickey and on and on.

JeffForsberg21 09-22-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caley (Post 71403687)
He can't got to the AHL without going back on waivers, at which point the Kings could just re-claim him and assign him to their AHL team.

Which would be really surprising since Cliche is on a one-way contract and Colorado surely do a favor to Kings by claiming him, they would not having to pay him 537 500$ at the AHL level

CB Joe 09-22-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffForsberg21 (Post 71405829)
Which would be really surprising since Cliche is on a one-way contract and Colorado surely do a favor to Kings by claiming him, they would not having to pay him 537 500$ at the AHL level

It's actually $550k, but yes I agree. I think it's more appealing to LA to let him walk, keep the money, and give that spot to a prospect.

MeowLeafs 09-22-2013 01:00 PM

Nice name. That's my contribution to this thread. Bye.

Yog S'loth 09-22-2013 01:19 PM

CLEESH. Just to be helpful. Monarchs suffer, losing their captain... But helpful to the Kings, taking away a one way contract that wasn't going to play in thr NHL.

ManInTheBox 09-22-2013 01:32 PM

When the put players on "Hand Shake", it spreads germs.

AfroThunder396 09-22-2013 01:34 PM

I had no idea there was a player named Cliche, I thought OP was just trying to be funny.

xECK29x 09-22-2013 01:37 PM

He's hilarious on twitter

Reaper45 09-22-2013 01:41 PM

Opens a spot for the Kings to sign Sabourin.

stevecanuck16 09-22-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystlyfe (Post 71403667)
Cliche on waivers is getting rather cliche at this point.

Came in to post something similar. Well done.

It's extra funny because he is a rather cliched player.

Punxrocknyc19* 09-22-2013 02:04 PM

the main piece of the Avery to Rangers trade... has moved on

Izzy 09-22-2013 02:17 PM

One of the times I've seen a name I have never heard of.

Mystlyfe 09-22-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 71409097)
Opens a spot for the Kings to sign Sabourin.

You must be oh soooo excited. :sarcasm:

WasTeD 09-22-2013 02:28 PM

Didn't Cliche play for Canada at the WJC a few years back?

Reaper45 09-22-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystlyfe (Post 71410905)
You must be oh soooo excited. :sarcasm:

Uh ok? Sabourin looked really good in camp.

Mystifo 09-22-2013 03:21 PM

Am I the only one who thought this was a play on words involving MAF?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.