HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Zack Kassian (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1501755)

The Sweetness 09-22-2013 12:56 PM

Zack Kassian

I'm sure it will be hard to get an accurate read but I'd appreciate input on what people think is fair value for Zach Kassian as well as guesses on how good he will be in the next few years.

Thanks for the input.

Mint 09-22-2013 01:20 PM

Honestly, I think he has very little value, if I were to guess. It's this strange fascination with his size and toughness that overlooks his garbage production and lackluster defensive play. He is a very flawed player with poor work ethic.

VerySuperFamous 09-22-2013 01:29 PM

Little, it's based purely on potential, and he needs work to be a good bottom sixer, and a lot of work to be a legit top sixer

Stop Winnin 09-22-2013 01:31 PM

Vancouver would want a prospect with similar upside if not more. Kassian is still young and can still prove his worth.

Wizeman* 09-22-2013 01:35 PM

Way more than Cody Hodgson which of course is what the thread is always about.

The Sweetness 09-22-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogaine (Post 71408885)
Way more than Cody Hodgson which of course is what the thread is always about.

I sincerely hope the thread doesn't get derailed with Hodgson comparisons and would be thrilled if this is the last his name is mentioned in the thread.

Larry Hoover 09-22-2013 01:54 PM

What about a deal involving Colborne?

Colborne + for Kassian?

Sergei Shirokov 09-22-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Hoover (Post 71409649)

Colborne + for Kassian?

Absolutely not. No need for Colbourne with Gaunce, Schroeder & Horvat. Aswell Kassian is already a better player with better upside.

Intense Rage 09-22-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Colborne + for Kassian?

So Vancouver trades Hodgson for Kassian only to flip him back for Colborne? Gillis wouldn't survive the ensuing media and fan crap storm.

Love 09-22-2013 02:01 PM

We can't afford to not be patient with Zack Kassian. If we were to deal him now that would be disastrous. His value is likely quite low ATM. All the Canucks can do is give him every opportunity to succeed and hope he works out.

Bourne Endeavor 09-22-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop Winnin (Post 71408669)
Vancouver would want a prospect with similar upside if not more. Kassian is still young and can still prove his worth.

About sums it up.

Quote:

Colborne + for Kassian?

Honestly, unless Toronto is open to trading a package for JVR or Lupul. You have nothing we would want. Well, okay. Kadri and Kessel would be nice too, but yeah... :P

Hugo Sham 09-22-2013 02:09 PM

Louis Leblanc and Travis Moen for Kassian.

You get a slightly overpriced gritty vet to replace his toughness and a first round potential top 9 forward project in Leblanc. And for all the hate he's gotten on here lately, only has 6 less goals at the NHL level than Kassian lol

Bourne Endeavor 09-22-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHill Seeker (Post 71410309)

You get a slightly overpriced gritty vet to replace his toughness and a first round potential top 9 forward project in Leblanc. And for all the hate he's gotten on here lately, only has 6 less goals at the NHL level than Kassian lol

Leblanc is close to a bust at this point and Moen is useless. We'll take our chances with the 22 year old, thanks.

Horvat2Virtanen 09-22-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHill Seeker (Post 71410309)

Dear lord, no. We'd rather hang onto Kassian right now than trade him for packages like this.

SchennSational1022* 09-22-2013 02:32 PM

Id like him on the Flyers 3rd line with Couturier and Read. What would you want from philly?

ponder 09-22-2013 02:39 PM

Kassian is better than people give him credit for. He's just 22, has great size/strength, and solid offensive talent. He'll be a quality top 6 power forward in the relatively near future, and I'm sure he's not someone the Nucks would be interested in trading?

Is he as good as Hodgson? Definitely not, but I think he'll be a good player.

haterbehatin 09-22-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor (Post 71410013)
About sums it up.

Honestly, unless Toronto is open to trading a package for JVR or Lupul. You have nothing we would want. Well, okay. Kadri and Kessel would be nice too, but yeah... :P

Personally I don't see Zack as good enough to be the feature peice in a deal for either of those two.

mgeise 09-22-2013 03:01 PM

Buffalo fans will definitely think this is overpayment, but I would do something like Marcus Foligno and Jake McCabe for Kassian and a 2nd or something close to that. I still still love Kassian's upside, but giving up McCabe in addition to Foligno is probably too steep for most Sabres' fans.

Stop Winnin 09-22-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgeise (Post 71412567)
Buffalo fans will definitely think this is overpayment, but I would do something like Marcus Foligno and Jake McCabe for Kassian and a 2nd or something close to that. I still still love Kassian's upside, but giving up McCabe in addition to Foligno is probably too steep for most Sabres' fans.

I wouldn't do that.

CookieCrumbs* 09-22-2013 03:03 PM

Kassian is going to rip it up this season with the Sedins. There was zero reason for AV to take him off that line.

tsujimoto74 09-22-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Yeah...No way I'd do that.

mgeise 09-22-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 (Post 71412775)
Yeah...No way I'd do that.

I figured most (if not all) Sabre fans wouldn't. I'm higher on Kassian than most and not as optimistic on Foligno as a lot of people. I like Foligno when he's playing a simple, north-south game but just don't see him being more than a 10-15 goal third liner. I think Kassian would put up a lot of production in Buffalo on the Vanek-Hodgson line.

TylerSVT* 09-22-2013 03:17 PM

Very little value. Maybe a 2nd rounder from a lower end team.

LolClarkson* 09-22-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

What upside ?

MacOfNiagara 09-22-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Good god yes. Wouldn't trade either of them straight up for Kassian.