HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Claimed off Waivers: Oilers claim Steve MacIntyre (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1502483)

hototogisu 09-23-2013 12:30 PM

Oilers claim Steve MacIntyre
 
Hockey Central ‏@SNHockeyCentral 9s
Edmonton Oilers have claimed forward Steve MacIntyre off waivers from Pittsburgh.


Looks like McKenzie called it.

bud12 09-23-2013 12:32 PM

Mcgrattan vs Big mac Hell yeah:yo:

Quares27 09-23-2013 12:33 PM

I think everyone saw that coming. Not sure he's the best guy to pick up when you already lack depth but he's obviously the tough guy they needed

They'd be better off not trying to go the Buffalo route though... that team went to **** trying to become tough after the Miller incident

Money Baer 09-23-2013 12:35 PM

Kassian and Weise just **** their pants... October 5th is coming up fast!

JoeCool16 09-23-2013 12:37 PM

On one end of the spectrum when it comes to toughness and fighting, on the other end when it comes to playing hockey. This guy has only one use, and it'll be up to the Oilers to see that he's deployed well.

canucksfan 09-23-2013 12:39 PM

I checked the Oilers board and he's down about 15-20 pounds at 9% body fat. If he can play 4-5 minutes of decent hockey he can be useful. He scares the crap out of me and I am watching from the TV.

ResilientBeast 09-23-2013 12:40 PM

Let him run wild and see what damage he can do to Canucks.

Confound 09-23-2013 12:40 PM

There's their heavyweight.

wej20 09-23-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canucksfan (Post 71452801)
I checked the Oilers board and he's down about 15-20 pounds at 9% body fat. If he can play 4-5 minutes of decent hockey he can be useful. He scares the crap out of me and I am watching from the TV.

he can't, he has the turning circle of an Oil Tanker.

Confound 09-23-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ResilientBeast (Post 71452837)
Let him run wild and see what damage he can do to Canucks.

:laugh:

Torts isn't gonna be happy about this, can already see the post game interviews.

vanwest 09-23-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ResilientBeast (Post 71452837)
Let him run wild and see what damage he can do to Canucks.

The Oilers have not yet figured out that you need tough players who can actually play hockey. What is needed is a top 6 player with some sandpaper to protect the young skilled guys. Having Mike Brown and MacIntyre on the fourth line playing 5 or 6 minutes a night is only a minor deterrent. And if they choose to play these type of players more than 10 minutes thay are a detriment to the team.
Hall, the Nuge, Gagner and Eberle will continue to be targetted until they get more size up front that can take a regular shift.

entropism 09-23-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wej20 (Post 71452905)
Oil Tanker.

Will fit perfectly when the draft gets closer... I kid, I kid...

The Bored Man 09-23-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanwest (Post 71453021)
The Oilers have not yet figured out that you need tough players who can actually play hockey. What is needed is a top 6 player with some sandpaper to protect the young skilled guys. Having Mike Brown and MacIntyre on the fourth line playing 5 or 6 minutes a night is only a minor deterrent. And if they choose to play these type of players more than 10 minutes thay are a detriment to the team.
Hall, the Nuge, Gagner and Eberle will continue to be targetted until they get more size up front that can take a regular shift.

Bingo. I like MacIntyre but this doesn't help...as evidenced by his last stint with the Oilers. These pure enforcers are quickly losing their place in the NHL.

CanucksSayEh 09-23-2013 12:47 PM

Ughhhhhhhh, this probably mean we're gonna be dressing Sestito more just to take the punches.

He's like a boat anchor out there.

ByeBye 09-23-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canucksfan (Post 71452801)
I checked the Oilers board and he's down about 15-20 pounds at 9% body fat. If he can play 4-5 minutes of decent hockey he can be useful. He scares the crap out of me and I am watching from the TV.

Prepare to be utterly disappointed. This guy is a waste of a roster spot unless there's an indication that the opponent is trying to start crap or you yourself want to start crap. He can intimidate and fight but he's clearly the worst player currently under contract by any NHL team.

Freudian 09-23-2013 12:48 PM

Pretty much as expected then?

scliff 09-23-2013 12:51 PM

Looks like Kassian has a date with Big Mac.

Wayne Maki 09-23-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scliff (Post 71453399)
Looks like Kassian has a date with Big Mac.

Why?

Turrican* 09-23-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren Piece (Post 71453507)
Why?

You honestly ask that?

hototogisu 09-23-2013 12:55 PM

Gene Principe ‏@GenePrincipe 56s
Craig MacTavish on Steve MacIntyre "After our game against Vancouver we decided there was a need for toughness.I think he'll make an impact"

trellaine201 09-23-2013 12:56 PM

When i think of Steve i cant but help remember him be KOed...was that lasy year? Severe concussion. i forget who knocked his block off but it was nasty.

wej20 09-23-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trellaine201 (Post 71453625)
When i think of Steve i cant but help remember him be KOed...was that lasy year? Severe concussion. i forget who knocked his block off but it was nasty.

Last time he was KO'd was by Eric Godard in 08-09.

Timmer44 09-23-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trellaine201 (Post 71453625)
When i think of Steve i cant but help remember him be KOed...was that lasy year? Severe concussion. i forget who knocked his block off but it was nasty.

I think you're thinking about when BigMac knocked out Ivanans. One of the harder fights to watch.

trellaine201 09-23-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmer44 (Post 71453747)
I think you're thinking about when BigMac knocked out Ivanans. One of the harder fights to watch.

Oops thats right-thank u!

Lilou 09-23-2013 01:06 PM

Good. Macintyre/Brown should be able to handle any nonsense.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.