HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   News Article: Bergevin interview on 98.5 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1503217)

25get 09-24-2013 11:13 AM

Bergevin interview on 98.5
 
Interesting interview with Bergevin:
Part 1
and Part 2

In french.
He said that Galchenyuk was their first choice.
Other GM tried to 'Pick the change of his pockets' when he started.
McCarron is at least three years from making the line-up.
Cuts are going to be done Thursday.

Dr Gonzo 09-24-2013 11:36 AM

Fournier is really hard to listen to, but never the less thanks for the link.

Shaby23 09-24-2013 11:39 AM

I wish someone would say to him that it's "joue" instead of "jouse". Other than that it was fun to listen.

couris 09-24-2013 11:45 AM

faut que taille un balant -MB

ZARTONK 09-24-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by couris (Post 71501941)
faut que taille un balant -MB

A what? lol

Kenny Powders 09-24-2013 11:58 AM

Moé j'apelle sa un gars quié Bésy occuper, moé j'aime sa



ahahaha, Bergevin my hero

overlords 09-24-2013 11:59 AM

I'd be surprised if McCarron takes more than three years before his first serious bid for a roster spot.

PricePkPatch* 09-24-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo (Post 71501627)
Fournier is really hard to listen to, but never the less thanks for the link.

Fournier is, like blue cheese, an acquired taste. Don't listen to him and expect to taste chocolate-sweet, but if you know what you are walking into, he's quite fun.

PricePkPatch* 09-24-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 71502389)
I'd be surprised if McCarron takes more than three years before his first serious bid for a roster spot.

Read between the lines. The comment was obviously made to release the pressure from the kid. Give a wide margin of error; so nobody can claim he's a bust if he hasn't made the lineup in 2 years.

overlords 09-24-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PricePkPatch (Post 71502459)
Read between the lines. The comment was obviously made to release the pressure from the kid. Give a wide margin of error; so nobody can claim he's a bust if he hasn't made the lineup in 2 years.

Pretty much. Seems to be the M.O. of the bergevin administration likes to keep the expectations pretty low.

Dr Gonzo 09-24-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PricePkPatch (Post 71502413)
Fournier is, like blue cheese, an acquired taste. Don't listen to him and expect to taste chocolate-sweet, but if you know what you are walking into, he's quite fun.

I agree that he's like blue cheese, overrated and he stinks.

:laugh:

PricePkPatch* 09-24-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo (Post 71502643)
I agree that he's like blue cheese, overrated and he stinks.

:laugh:

Blue Cheese is an absolutely wonderful experience when you have been properly educated in its taste. You don't start eating stuff like Roquefort or Stilton right off the bat; it's like starting to play hockey in an NHL game. You'll get burned.

Gonzo; don't be snotty at stuff you just do not understand. Many things are more niche in term of taste, and none of them are wrong in nature. WWE or Survivor are abhorrent to me, but I am not gonna start insulting these things randomly just because it's not to my liking.

Dr Gonzo 09-24-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PricePkPatch (Post 71502771)
Blue Cheese is an absolutely wonderful experience when you have been properly educated in its taste. You don't start eating stuff like Roquefort or Stilton right off the bat; it's like starting to play hockey in an NHL game. You'll get burned.

Gonzo; don't be snotty at stuff you just do not understand. Many things are more niche in term of taste, and none of them are wrong in nature. WWE or Survivor are abhorrent to me, but I am not gonna start insulting these things randomly just because it's not to my liking.

Well, that escalated quickly considering it was obviously a joke. Take it down a notch, or twelve.

And I spent a lot of time in France growing up, trust me, I've forgotten more about cheese than you'll ever know. ;)

overlords 09-24-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo (Post 71502809)
Well, that escalated quickly considering it was obviously a joke. Take it down a notch, or twelve.

And I spent a lot of time in France growing up, trust me, I've forgotten more about cheese than you'll ever know. ;)

No wonder you smell so bad.

Dr Gonzo 09-24-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 71502843)
No wonder you smell so bad.

So I bathe in gruyère sauce.

Deal with it.

PricePkPatch* 09-24-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo (Post 71502809)
Well, that escalated quickly considering it was obviously a joke. Take it down a notch, or twelve.

And I spent a lot of time in France growing up, trust me, I've forgotten more about cheese than you'll ever know. ;)

Don't throw gratuitous insults at people's likings if you don't want them to be defensive.

zzoo 09-24-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24get (Post 71500857)
Interesting interview with Bergevin:
Part 1
and Part 2

In french.
He said that Galchenyuk was their first choice.
Other GM tried to 'Pick the change of his pockets' when he started.
McCarron is at least three years from making the line-up.
Cuts are going to be done Thursday.

What does 'Pick the change of his pockets' mean ?

Dr Gonzo 09-24-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PricePkPatch (Post 71503149)
Don't throw gratuitous insults at people's likings if you don't want them to be defensive.

Please give the Blue Cheese Association of Newcastle my sincerest apologies for making an obvious joke on a hockey forum.

I hope they can recover from the shame and disgrace I cast upon them.

September 24th. Never forget!

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzoo (Post 71503245)
What does 'Pick the change of his pockets' mean ?

It's an idiom that more or less means they gave him the rookie treatment. IE: Other GMs offered him weak deals.

Brainiac 09-24-2013 12:25 PM

Man, this interview is full of gems:

'Carey, s't'un gros bonhomme, yé aclétique'

:laugh:

MXD 09-24-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo (Post 71503273)
Please give the Blue Cheese Association of Newcastle my sincerest apologies for making an obvious joke on a hockey forum.

I hope they can recover from the shame and disgrace I cast upon them.

September 24th. Never forget!



It's an idiom that more or less means they gave him the rookie treatment. IE: Other GMs offered him weak deals.

Philippe Lalanne ?

overlords 09-24-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzoo (Post 71503245)
What does 'Pick the change of his pockets' mean ?

They tried to take advantage of his inexperience in trade proposals.

BigDaddyLurch 09-24-2013 12:29 PM

Hug it out, guys; we're Habs fans, we don't slap-fight like Leafs...;)

Dr Gonzo 09-24-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 71503457)
They tried to take advantage of his inexperience in trade proposals.

Not surprising. I would do the same if I was GM.

"Hey...this Ryane Clowe character...he's huge. Character Character Character"

MonkeyBusiness 09-24-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo (Post 71503501)
Not surprising. I would do the same if I was GM.

"Hey...this Ryane Clowe character...he's huge. Character Character Character"

Bergevin must've been so tempted.

Kriss E 09-24-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 71503457)
They tried to take advantage of his inexperience in trade proposals.

Isn't the proper expression "short change"?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.