HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Laviolette’s Radio Show (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1503869)

LJfromNJ 09-25-2013 11:56 AM

Laviolette’s Radio Show

Sorry if re-post, didn't see this anywhere.

Laviolette is getting a 1 HR show on 97.5 with Therien and Jason Myrtetus that will be livecasted from Ponzio’s Diner, Bakery and Bar.
Looks like the dates are set at:.
1. Tuesday, October 1st
2. Tuesday, October 22nd
3. Monday, January 27th
4. Wednesday, February 5th
5. Wednesday, February 26th
6. Monday, March 3rd
7. Monday, March 10th
8. Monday, March 17th
9. Monday, April 14th

Not much, but at least it's something in a radio market that talks football in the middle of June.

Does anyone actually go to these live casts on the prospect of players and such showing up?

FreshPerspective 09-25-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJfromNJ (Post 71547725)
Sorry if re-post, didn't see this anywhere.

Laviolette is getting a 1 HR show on 97.5 with Therien and Jason Myrtetus that will be livecasted from Ponzio’s Diner, Bakery and Bar.
Looks like the dates are set at:.
1. Tuesday, October 1st
2. Tuesday, October 22nd
3. Monday, January 27th
4. Wednesday, February 5th
5. Wednesday, February 26th
6. Monday, March 3rd
7. Monday, March 10th
8. Monday, March 17th
9. Monday, April 14th

Not much, but at least it's something in a radio market that talks football in the middle of June.

Does anyone actually go to these live casts on the prospect of players and such showing up?

He'll probably only wind up doing the October ones.....:sarcasm:

96 09-25-2013 01:35 PM

Laviolette isn't exactly a very forthcoming guy when it comes to insight into the team or the players. He is prone to typical hackneyed sports phrases that provide no real substantive response to the questions he is asked. I'm curious to see what he talks about for an hour.

Appleyard 09-25-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 96 (Post 71551361)
Laviolette isn't exactly a very forthcoming guy when it comes to insight into the team or the players. He is prone to typical hackneyed sports phrases that provide no real substantive response to the questions he is asked. I'm curious to see what he talks about for an hour.

The only thing I can imagine filling up that much time with Lavi is a surrealist radio comedy... with him shouting JAM JAM JAM JAM for most of it, and Leino as a co-host getting beaten up, the odd Coke machine being smashed to the music from The Nutcracker in the background, with the odd pre recorded cut in of Holmgren saying 'it is what it is' to the tune of 'can't touch this'. Then a list segment called 'things I don't like about Steve Ott'. Like Spike Milligan on crack.

FreshPerspective 09-25-2013 03:22 PM

Considering his team has had trouble playing 60 mins I doubt he'll be prepared to talk for 60 mins himself...

Curufinwe 09-25-2013 03:31 PM

I expect large gaps between anything interesting.

About as big as the gaps between the forwards and defense on breakouts.

GKJ 09-27-2013 07:06 PM

Should be invigorating radio when the coaching change is made, especially considering Jason Myrtetus is a certified imbecile.

FreshPerspective 09-27-2013 09:37 PM

Who wants to join me in getting a mob together to go to Ponzio's and abuse Lavi?

Need the following:

1) Effigies (your choice)

2) Pitchforks

3) Torches

4) Tar

5) Feathers

6) Coke machine and catapult

FreshPerspective 10-18-2013 08:42 AM

So I guess the remainder of the shows are cancelled? :sarcasm:

shipwreck 10-18-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt (Post 72828745)
So I guess the remainder of the shows are cancelled? :sarcasm:

Weird.. I actually thought about this during last night's game... Thinking that I assume there is no more radio show... And wondering if he was still gonna be the assistant coach to the Olympic team.

shipwreck 10-22-2013 10:03 AM

Now I'll never get Lavi to sign this shirt

(he skipped last years Carnival)./.. Oh well :naughty:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...1.jpg~original