HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Prospect Camp Updates (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=150485)

Albi 07-11-2005 06:43 PM

Prospect Camp Updates

I need info folks...;)

Thanks in advance!

dafranchz 07-11-2005 07:47 PM

I'll be there this Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. Next week I'll be there Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (black vs. white game).

AnThGrt 07-11-2005 08:04 PM

ya any info is awesome i so want to hear about Tukonen and Karlsson

10 ft. pole 07-11-2005 08:25 PM

Im going Friday.

KINGLEWOOD 07-11-2005 09:55 PM

I was able to get out of work at 1:30 to go and check out the prospects for a while. Sadly there's not as much talent as years past or the excitement of watching recently drafted players but the good news is I got to see Pushkarev and Tukonen for the first time.

Obviously it's hard for me to judge players on their first day of camp, I could see a lot of them were rusty, and some were nervous but I'll give you guys my 2 cents on some of the prospects.

Tukonen #25: He's a good size kid, at 6'2 and one of the best skaters out there, he's a better skater than Pushkarev and seems physically mature. He sure looks like the 2 way foward type who can do everything well. I'd like to see a bit more of what he can do in offensive situations, he set up Push with a couple of nice finishes.

Pushkarev #9: Energetic winger who's a bit thin. He's one of those players who wants the puck and likes to take matters into his own hands. He's not shy about shooting and while he may be seen by some as a puck hog I like his confidence and skill package.

Karlsson #7: Bid dude, I think right now he would benefit from playing in the AHL more than anyone in this camp. While I'm not sure he'll be a top 6 foward I think he has great potential to be a 3rd line winger who can do the dirty work. I'm thinking Thomas Holmstrom all the way. I would really like to see him on a line with Avery.

Fukufuji #36: Best goalie out there today in my opinion, He played big and didn't give shooters many options. I'm sure he'll see time with Manchester soon.

Richard Petiot #14: One of the bigger kids out there, he's paired with Paul Baier who should make it hard for any opposing fowards in the camp. Petiot looks strong and was skating well. I hope he'll be in Manchester next year.

Paul Baier # 2: Another big kid out there who skates well for being 6'4, he didn't do any thing special out there but defenseman are supposed to be that way.

So I guess that's about as much as I can remember right now I hope I was of some use to you guys.

McSorley 33 07-12-2005 01:08 AM

Just curious, but how did Eric Neilson look? Was he a good skater. Did he look like he could play at the next level. Anyone!

:kings

King'sPawn 07-12-2005 02:36 AM

Awesome, thanks Kinglewood! Any feedback on Lukacevic, as well?

ReggieMoto 07-12-2005 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGLEWOOD
...I'll give you guys my 2 cents on some of the prospects.

Great job, man. Thanks for the recap. :clap:

Legionnaire 07-12-2005 08:02 AM

Yeah, nice report Kinglewood!

Push must have been trying to impress today, because one of the biggest critisisms of him last year would that he didn't shoot enough. The part about taking matters into his own hands sounds exactly right though.

I haven't seen a ton of Jens, but that's the exact comparison I have been hoping for. Nice.

Thanks again.

King Blazer 07-12-2005 08:08 AM

Thanks for the report...

Fat Elvis 07-12-2005 10:17 AM

:clap: Thanks

GoneFullHextall 07-12-2005 12:13 PM

good job on the reports. It would be nice to see some of that size added to the Monarchs this season.

KINGLEWOOD 07-12-2005 12:54 PM

Ned Lukacevic #34 seems to be one of if not the fastest skaters out there, he has all the tools to become a great prospect it just seems he needs to finish up on his opportunities.

Eric Neilson #15 we all know his game is not scoring, one thing I noticed every since last camp is that he likes to crash the net and agitate opposing goalies. I'm sure he's being looked at for a positition with Manchester or the Royals.

Here's a list of players and numbers:

Bernakavich, Brendan #11
Desjardins, Andrew #23
Fortunus, Maxime #27
Guerin, Marty #20
Harrison, Tyler #29
James, Conner #17
Karlsson, Jens # 7
Lukacevic, Ned #34
Murphy, Ryan #33
Neilson, Eric #15
Pushkarev, Konstantin #9
Ryan, Matt #21
Saurette, Kevin #28
Steckel, David #24
Sullivan, Mike #26
Tukonen, Lauri #25

Baier, Paul #2
Burke, Gerry #3
Dest, Jason #5
Kerr, Stuart #4
Metcalf, Nate #6
Salcido, Brian #8
Petiot, Richard #14
Tremblay, Luis #10
Werner, Eric #12

Brust, Barry #35
Fukufuji, Yutaka #36
Munce, Ryan #45
Taylor, Daniel #32
Zaba, Matt #1

King'sPawn 07-12-2005 01:26 PM

You're great Kinglewood... thanks again so much for taking the time to share your impressions! :)

Old Hickory 07-12-2005 01:30 PM

I think Jeff Dahlia is going tomorrow, I am going to try to be there tomorrow too

Tadite 07-12-2005 02:46 PM

Good to hear Fukufuji is looking good. He had a nice little year down in the ECHL. If the NHL is back he should have a run at being the starter for the Monarchs.

I think that he is the only goalie prospect that we have right now.

Old Hickory 07-12-2005 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadite
Good to hear Fukufuji is looking good. He had a nice little year down in the ECHL. If the NHL is back he should have a run at being the starter for the Monarchs.

I think that he is the only goalie prospect that we have right now.

Brust had a great year as did Munce and Zaba. We are starting to finally look good betwen the pipes

KINGLEWOOD 07-12-2005 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King'sPawn
You're great Kinglewood... thanks again so much for taking the time to share your impressions! :)

My pleasure!

King Blazer 07-12-2005 03:19 PM

Brust has 2-yrs left on his NHL deal, 99% he'll be in Manchester...

Hedberg 07-12-2005 04:06 PM

Isn't Brian Salcido draft eligible this year?

AnThGrt 07-12-2005 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedberg16

Yup

guzmania 07-12-2005 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedberg16

This site says he's 20.
http://www.uscho.com/stats/player.php?pid=8784&gender=m

Another Shattuck/St. Marys, and also Colorado College, and also an Hermosa Beach guy. So I guess Buffalo will draft him.

dafranchz 07-12-2005 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
I think Jeff Dahlia is going tomorrow, I am going to try to be there tomorrow too

Stay away from me!:loony:

Albi 07-12-2005 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Dahlia
Stay away from me!:loony:

Come on Jeff, we need a good team effort, don't ruin the chemistry!

Old Hickory 07-12-2005 06:54 PM

Jeff's still bitter about the whopee cushoin last year