HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Pits -Vancouver proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=15049)

UserName 09-28-2003 09:54 AM

Pits -Vancouver proposal
 
To pittsberg rj umberger

To vancouver konstantin koltsov


Rj umberger is a pittsberg boy and might sign for less with pittsberg then with vancouver

Kolsov has blazeing speed and will fit in better with vancouvers system then with pittsberg


your thoughts???

Jeff Goldblum 09-28-2003 09:56 AM

If VAN doesn't sign him soon, he'll be FA. We could have him for nothing.

I'll pass.

andora 09-28-2003 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nazzy_88

Kolsov has blazeing speed and will fit in better with vancouvers system then with pittsberg

i don't understand this really.. pittsburgh uses an offensive style just as much as vancouver do they not?..

Pinto 09-28-2003 10:16 AM

Kolsov looks like a keeper

spence___ 09-28-2003 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nazzy_88
Kolsov has blazeing speed and will fit in better with vancouvers system then with pittsberg

If Pittsburgh's to be succsessful than they'll need his speed more than Vancouver will.

They already have 2 hometown prospects in Abbott and Malone as well.

dangerous_dan 09-28-2003 10:51 AM

why would they trade for our contract problem? Koltsov sounds like he's further along anyway

Evilo 09-28-2003 10:56 AM

LOL troll time!

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina 09-28-2003 11:07 AM

No, from a pens standpoint.

Steve Latin* 09-28-2003 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nazzy_88
To pittsberg rj umberger

To vancouver konstantin koltsov


Rj umberger is a pittsberg boy and might sign for less with pittsberg then with vancouver

Kolsov has blazeing speed and will fit in better with vancouvers system then with pittsberg


your thoughts???

Change Kolstov to a pick 2 of the following:

Kraft, Abid, Sivek

S L

nucks2001 09-28-2003 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Latin
Change Kolstov to a pick 2 of the following:

Kraft, Abid, Sivek

S L

done and done.. where do we sign?

HFNHL PIT GM 09-28-2003 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pens4ever
If VAN doesn't sign him soon, he'll be FA. We could have him for nothing.

I'll pass.

i dont believe Umberger has the option to become UFA. Someone can correct me, but I believe his only option is to play in a pro league outside of the NHL. VAN owns his rights now indefinatly for the NHL.

No ?

DR

JDB3939 09-28-2003 11:29 AM

I'd rather keep Koltsov at this point.

I'm a huge RJ fan too.

Koltsov71 09-28-2003 11:31 AM

Ah.. Yet another Umberger to Pittsburgh proposal..

And a bad one at that.

spence___ 09-28-2003 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Latin
Change Kolstov to a pick 2 of the following:

Kraft, Abid, Sivek

S L

Of those 3 the only one I could see the Pen's trading is Kraft and that's only if the Pen's intend on demoting him.

spence___ 09-28-2003 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DementedReality
i dont believe Umberger has the option to become UFA. Someone can correct me, but I believe his only option is to play in a pro league outside of the NHL. VAN owns his rights now indefinatly for the NHL.

No ?

DR

I was under the impression that Vancouver would have until June to sign him but since he didnt finish his senior year I'm not certain.

The Pucks 09-28-2003 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DementedReality
i dont believe Umberger has the option to become UFA. Someone can correct me, but I believe his only option is to play in a pro league outside of the NHL. VAN owns his rights now indefinatly for the NHL.

No ?

DR

As I understand it, if Umberger sits out the entire season and plays only non-pro hockey, he will be a UFA. But if he plays 1 game of pro hockey in any league, AHL, ECHL, Europe, the Canucks have his rights indefinatly.

The catch for Umberger is a possbile strike/lockout. He will not see one cent of NHL pay for how many years if he does not sign this season? And when he does sign in however many years he will be bound by rookie limits. There are rumblings that rookies may take it up the butt on the next CBA and that would not bode well for Umberger.

All in all Burke has all the playing cards for the next 9 months, Umberger has none till June.

The Pucks 09-28-2003 01:31 PM

As for the proposal, from a Vancouver stand point I would decline. I feel Umberger has a better package to become a solid pro. He has size and hands on his side, I think he will enjoy a better career than Koltsov.

West Coast Express 09-28-2003 03:33 PM

i'd take abid, he's a good player.

Evilo 09-28-2003 07:40 PM

well like any wise mind, no to Koltsov, no to Beech (similar to Umberger only signed), probably no to Abid as well, and possibly yes to Kraft.

Rageinthecage 09-29-2003 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Latin
Change Kolstov to a pick 2 of the following:

Kraft, Abid, Sivek

S L


Pick two of the following? Are you serious? Burke will gladly take Kraft and Abid and run, laughing at the top of his lungs. Don't think Penguins fans would like this too much. Seriously, I'd be happy with just one of Kraft or Abid for Umberger.

Evilo 09-29-2003 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rageinthecage
Pick two of the following? Are you serious? Burke will gladly take Kraft and Abid and run, laughing at the top of his lungs. Don't think Penguins fans would like this too much. Seriously, I'd be happy with just one of Kraft or Abid for Umberger.

Yep!

Steve Latin* 09-29-2003 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rageinthecage
Pick two of the following? Are you serious? Burke will gladly take Kraft and Abid and run, laughing at the top of his lungs. Don't think Penguins fans would like this too much. Seriously, I'd be happy with just one of Kraft or Abid for Umberger.

Wow.... then we should really get the GM's together on this one. The problem with Kraft and Abid both is that they cannot be assigned to the minors without passing through waivers, and they're both presumed to be in Edzo's doghouse because they performed miserabily in the preseason. Edzo stresses efoort in all zones of the ice, and Kraft can't manage it in even one. Edzo stresses tenacity, whereas Abid has appeared lazy and disinterested at times.

Interestingly enough, I think Ryan Malone and Matt Murley are more of a lock to make the team than any of the three guys I listed. I even suspect Kraft or Abid (doubtfully both) will be released on waivers. The way I see Umberger, and I could be wrong about this, is as a good skating, decent scoring forward with good size and the potential to be physical. Kraft can't skate and isn't physical, despite his size. Abid can't skate and *is* physical, but he hasn't shown anything to the Pens yet. I think Umberger is less of a liability on the roster than either of those two, and it would be a good wake-up call to the rest of the young guys in the organization if we deal someone who isn't performing up to expectation.

S L

Evilo 09-29-2003 10:16 AM

Abid hasn't shown anything?
Wow big news, he's played three games injured with the Penguins, before going under the knife.
Now you have NY minute patience, huh?

Rageinthecage 09-29-2003 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Latin
Wow.... then we should really get the GM's together on this one. The problem with Kraft and Abid both is that they cannot be assigned to the minors without passing through waivers, and they're both presumed to be in Edzo's doghouse because they performed miserabily in the preseason. Edzo stresses efoort in all zones of the ice, and Kraft can't manage it in even one. Edzo stresses tenacity, whereas Abid has appeared lazy and disinterested at times.

Interestingly enough, I think Ryan Malone and Matt Murley are more of a lock to make the team than any of the three guys I listed. I even suspect Kraft or Abid (doubtfully both) will be released on waivers. The way I see Umberger, and I could be wrong about this, is as a good skating, decent scoring forward with good size and the potential to be physical. Kraft can't skate and isn't physical, despite his size. Abid can't skate and *is* physical, but he hasn't shown anything to the Pens yet. I think Umberger is less of a liability on the roster than either of those two, and it would be a good wake-up call to the rest of the young guys in the organization if we deal someone who isn't performing up to expectation.

S L

Forgot that both Abid and Kraft would have to clear waivers. That makes it slightly more difficult to deal with the Canucks. No room at the moment for either in the Canuck's lineup. We either need a surefire top sixer, or a young player that can clear waivers and play on the farm (i.e. Koltsov, but no way the Penguins do that). Maybe these teams are poor trading partners at this point.

Fedz 09-29-2003 04:10 PM

I'd take that deal in a heartbeat! From a Vancouver point of view!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.