HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Ducks lineup discussion (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1505565)

snarktacular 09-28-2013 01:58 PM

Ducks lineup discussion

Continued. Original here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1442921

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannoManno (Post 71660447)
I'd be shocked to not see Penner on that top line, why the hell would the ducks have signed him if not to play with Getzy and Pears? :help:

Murray does the signing, Boudreau does the lines. And it also depends on his actual performance. If he fails to perform and even give effort, he will be dropped.

But he will probably still start up there. It's just a matter of if he will be moved off.

Doothpick 09-28-2013 02:30 PM

Any news on Silfverberg's injury? I can't seem to find anywhere what's bothering him and how long is he expected to be out.

Ducks Nation* 09-28-2013 03:32 PM

Anyone know the line ups for tonight? I got glass seats tonight :)

DannoManno* 09-28-2013 04:19 PM

Based on BBs praise of Rakell... I hope we see something like this, assuming Penner works out on the first line, and Bonino isn't too slow for the third line.

Penner-Getzlaf-Perry
Silfverberg-Koivu-Selanne
Winnik-Bonino-Cogliano
Beleskey-Rakell-Palmieri
(Etem starts in AHL)

That's a competitive line up IMO, and that fourth line could be downright dangerous, especially if Etem sees some serious time on it. :)

AngelDuck 09-28-2013 04:20 PM

Typical soft Mickey Mouse move putting Staubitz on waivers ughh

DannoManno* 09-28-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelDuck (Post 71675735)

Happy to see the scrub go, hope he gets picked up.

Ducks Nation* 09-28-2013 04:45 PM

Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh 15m
My guess is Getzlaf and Perry are in even though they didn't skate this morning. Palmieri is in and has been playing with them.

The new "PPG" line

:nod:

Exit Dose 09-28-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Maroon is the guy that Bruce is comfortable playing. I think that everyone saw this coming. Besides, it looks like Bruce likes Kurtz, who can fight and play, just like Maroon. That means we'll at least have another guy that we can call on in Norfolk.

JabbaJabba 09-28-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Hey we are the Disney franchise so it's only fitting :sarcasm:

Ducks Nation* 09-28-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Dose (Post 71677055)
Maroon is the guy that Bruce is comfortable playing. I think that everyone saw this coming. Besides, it looks like Bruce likes Kurtz, who can fight and play, just like Maroon. That means we'll at least have another guy that we can call on in Norfolk.

We call that a 1 hitter quitter

DuckJet 09-28-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Staubitz' chances to make the team were slim to begin with. Maroon is better.

Ducks Nation* 09-28-2013 05:21 PM

Wait there's actually people on this planet that want Staubitz playing over Rakell, Etem, Kurtz, Maroon and DSP?

TheJoeMan 09-28-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Miracles do come true!

Seriously though Staubitz is a terrible player and not particularly tough (or at least effectively tough). I hated every second of him on this team. Good riddance!

Eddie Shack 09-28-2013 06:16 PM

Staubitz didn't frighten any teams into respecting our skill players. No opposing team changed the way they played us because of Staubitz. He can't play hockey either. He served no purpose and provided no value on this team. I'll take a Belesky or Maroon over Staubitz any day.

Ducks DVM 09-28-2013 06:29 PM

Penner - Getzlaf - Perry
Silfverberg - Bonino - Selanne
Winnik - Koivu - Cogliano
Beleskey - ? - Palmieri

Beauchemin - ?
Fowler - Lovejoy
Allen - Vatanen

Hiller - Fasth

Pretty safe to assume these players are all on the starting roster (put whoever you want on whatever line you want, these seem to be safe locks for the roster, Penner won't get cut yet). Silfverberg and Beauchemin are question marks due to health, but will be on the roster as soon as healthy.

That leaves a total of 5 open roster spots, with 2 minimum of those for D.
Etem
Maroon
Holland
Rakell
DSP
Staubitz

Fistric
Yonkman
Lindholm

Make your cuts!

Edit - I'm assuming Sbisa is on IR

Dirk316 09-28-2013 06:45 PM

Staubitz waived, Kurtz will be sent down and Maroon will be a healthy scratch
Like I said before softest roster in franchise history most of the posters here act like red wings fans so enjoy this season I guarantee it will be a failure in all aspects

TheJoeMan 09-28-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducks DVM (Post 71680045)
Penner - Getzlaf - Perry
Silfverberg - Bonino - Selanne
Winnik - Koivu - Cogliano
Beleskey - ? - Palmieri

Beauchemin - ?
Fowler - Lovejoy
Allen - Vatanen

Hiller - Fasth

Pretty safe to assume these players are all on the starting roster (put whoever you want on whatever line you want, these seem to be safe locks for the roster, Penner won't get cut yet). Silfverberg and Beauchemin are question marks due to health, but will be on the roster as soon as healthy.

That leaves a total of 5 open roster spots, with 2 minimum of those for D.
Etem
Maroon
Holland
Rakell
DSP
Staubitz

Fistric
Yonkman
Lindholm

Make your cuts!

Edit - I'm assuming Sbisa is on IR

So I'm assuming this is assuming Sbisa starts on IR.

Cut Yonkman because we can't have two one-way players in Norfolk. I haven't been impressed with Fistric. I'd really like to see Lindholm get a shot at a game or two.

Staubitz is already on his way and I feel like the coaching staff is going to go with Holland instead of Rakell. Smith-Pelly only sticks if Silfverber or Etem or both are hurt enough to be on IR. I hope that isn't the case.

KEEROLE Vatanen 09-28-2013 06:56 PM

im ok losing staubitz IF Maroon takes his spot on the roster. even then we are not a very tough team up front at all

If Holland gets healthy here I think he takes the 4th line center spot. Maroon/Etem/Beleskey/DSP rotate in and out, and also I don't think Selanne is going to play alot of back to backs, unless he plays so well we can't scratch him

TheJoeMan 09-28-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirk316 (Post 71680467)
Like I said before softest roster in franchise history most of the posters here act like red wings fans so enjoy this season I guarantee it will be a failure in all aspects

Yeah it's too bad we're stuck with all of those guys who can score goals and actually skate. I was hoping to see us beat teams by skating behind them and punching them to victory.

You realize that Red Wings fans have had 20 plus years of winning and championships to enjoy right?

As for the bolded part, are you really so blindly drawn to players that can't do anything but fight a little that you think this team will fails in ALL aspects? Like scoring goals, stopping goals, killing penalties, and simply beating other teams? That's such a joke. These players don't help us win. Ever. Kurtz isn't even close to being an NHL player. I commend him for sticking around as long as he has but he doesn't anything well. I've covered Staubitz plenty. Maroon will only get scratch because we have better players in front of him. It's really, really sad you view the game of hockey so distortedly. I wish you could watch the game we do, it's pretty awesome.

DuckTech 09-28-2013 07:02 PM

Etem - best winger chance to make the team - depends if Winnik is a center or winger
Maroon - perfect 13th forward, plays all 3 positions and does what is needed
Holland - Best Center chance to make the team - depends if Winnik is a center or winger.
Rakell - needs to go to Norfolk and learn to trust the other talented player we have and be less of a puck hog.
DSP - sent down but 1st forward call-up
Staubitz - wouldn't have been waived if he made the team

Fistric - One-way 900,000 I believe he stays up with the team 7th D
Yonkman - Was signed to be a protector and a mentor to Norfolk, I like him but I think he goes down.
Lindholm - I think it would be good to let him play a few games with Beauch till Sbisa is healthy.

Makes either :

Penner-Getzlaf-Perry
Sifverberg-Bonino-Selanne
Cogliano-Koivu-Etem
Beleskey-Winnik-Palmieri
Maroon

Beauch-Magnus
Fowler-Lovejoy
Allen-Vatanen
Fistric

or

Penner-Getzlaf-Perry
Sifverberg-Bonino-Selanne
Cogliano-Koivu-Winnik
Beleskey-Holland-Palmieri
Maroon

Beauch-Magnus
Fowler-Lovejoy
Allen-Vatanen
Fistric

Leaving the "23rd" spot for Sbisa who won't go on LTIR

bootsgaudet 09-28-2013 07:29 PM

with our line up how it is...

ID much rather see

Smith pelly
Maroon
Bonino
Holland
allen(yonkman is as good and much cheaper)

packaged(together or with picks/prospects ) for a legit 2c or upgrade on d ... since winnik is appearing to be playing centre.

Those 4 are by no means trash and quality players, defiantly need to keep them for depth but with the abundance of quality we have, defiantly tradeable assests once the season is in full swing.

Eddie Shack 09-28-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Staubitz made a career here of being a healthy scratch. How is replacing him with somebody who can play hockey and fight (Maroon) a failure?

DuckJet 09-28-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

You said last season's roster was the softest in team history too and we had our second most successful season in team history. Excuse me if I don't buy your guarantee of all aspects. Though I do find that conclusion hilarious though. No Staubitz=the failure of every other cog in the machine. I've seen more logical stuff from the Vatanen and Etem crowd.

Ducks DVM 09-28-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie Shack (Post 71683075)
Staubitz made a career here of being a healthy scratch. How is replacing him with somebody who can play hockey and fight (Maroon) a failure?

http://troll.me/images/ancient-alien...use-aliens.jpg

Exit Dose 09-28-2013 08:32 PM

I don't get why Maroon wouldn't be used. Maroon was given more opportunities when playing under Boudreau last year, whereas Staubitz seemed to be played sparingly when he wasn't in the press box. Maroon wasn't nearly the niche player that Staubitz was, even as a rookie, so why would we expect him to be treated that way?