HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The Curious Case Of Sean Bergenheim (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1507699)

HowdyHowden93* 10-01-2013 08:43 PM

The Curious Case Of Sean Bergenheim

It takes this long to get healthy? Why isn't he ready to play? Any update?

Either this team needs a new trainer or just new personnel.

JP Mick 10-01-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bure1026 (Post 71821577)
It takes this long to get healthy? Why isn't he ready to play? Any update?

Either this team needs a new trainer or just new personnel.

George Richards @GeorgeRichards
sounds like this month == “@chief_salvaggio: when are jovo and bergenheim expected to be back george?”

few weeks away “@gillam_09: hey George whats the word on bergenheim is he ready for the season opener, injured or in the dog house?”

Krys Barch working the #FlaPanthers scratch line with Bergenheim and Crabb

Harvey Fialkov @hfialkov
Barch is here. Goc Gudbranson and Bergenheim in regular jersey. Crabb still here too #flapanthers — from Plantation

wirelessflyingcord 10-15-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP Mick (Post 71830307)
Harvey Fialkov @hfialkov
Barch is here. Goc Gudbranson and Bergenheim in regular jersey. Crabb still here too #flapanthers — from Plantation

I'm dumb: what does "regular jersey" exactly mean?

pb1300 10-15-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wirelessflyingcord (Post 72634001)
I'm dumb: what does "regular jersey" exactly mean?

The regular practice jersey I assume. That is weird, I read that Bergy was going to go to Toronto to rehab for a week.

wirelessflyingcord 10-15-2013 03:01 PM

That's what I thought...

Quote:

EDIT: From Fialkov:

In a surprising announcement by coach Kevin Dineen, forward Sean Bergenheim, who was supposed to see his surgeon in Nashville tonight for an update on his surgically repaired abdomen/hip/groin, but instead flew to Toronto, where he will work out 1-on-1 with his physical therapist for the next five days to determine his future playing status.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...5&postcount=36

JP Mick 10-15-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pb1300 (Post 72636053)
The regular practice jersey I assume. That is weird, I read that Bergy was going to go to Toronto to rehab for a week.

That was an old tweet. Bergy was practicing with the team so maybe he tweaked or strained his injury and therefore thought it was best to go work with his physical therapist to try to get back to 100%. That's my best guess about the situation.
Here's the latest from the Herald:

Quote:

BERGENHEIM UPDATE

According to Dineen, left winger Sean Bergenheim (hip/abdominal) left Monday morning for Toronto.

“His schedule has changed,” Dineen said. “He has now gone to Toronto to work out by himself with a therapist there that he feels gives him a chance to come back to full health. He’s going to be there for the next five days, and then we’ll evaluate him from there.”

Panthers607 10-15-2013 03:40 PM

This whole Bergy situation is absurd... Will he ever return, I don't know.....
Can't even remember what he's injured for or when it happened.

wirelessflyingcord 10-15-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wirelessflyingcord (Post 72639013)

Full quote: http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...een-tuuka-rask

Quote:

Where's Bergy?

In a surprising announcement by coach Kevin Dineen, forward Sean Bergenheim, who was supposed to see his surgeon in Nashville tonight for an update on his surgically repaired abdomen/hip/groin, but instead flew to Toronto, where he will work out 1-on-1 with his physical therapist for the next five days to determine his future playing status.

Bergenheim seems fine while practicing with the team and he’s his usual happy-go-lucky self when we talk to him but this prolonged absence is quite mysterious as he hasn’t played for the Panthers in more than a year.

Egblad 10-15-2013 04:42 PM

There's something going on between the Bergenheim camp and the FL camp.

harv3317 10-15-2013 06:02 PM

while he's "injured" he collects his salary and can't be traded, or bought out. so you tell me whats happening!!!!!!

wirelessflyingcord 10-15-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harv3317 (Post 72648477)
"injured"

Really lame.

hockeydude1 10-15-2013 06:50 PM

Is this guy really still injured?

Dread Clawz 10-15-2013 07:49 PM

Psshhh, he's not going to Toronto to visit with his physical therapist. He's going to a Free Masons meeting with Chad Kilger and Byron Bitz.

angry_treefrog 10-15-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules (Post 72657215)
Psshhh, he's not going to Toronto to visit with his physical therapist. He's going to a Free Masons meeting with Chad Kilger and Byron Bitz.

:laugh: Thanks, that was awesome.

Dread Clawz 10-15-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry_treefrog (Post 72680117)
:laugh: Thanks, that was awesome.

I return the favor where I can. ;)

JP Mick 10-17-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

while he's "injured" he collects his salary and can't be traded, or bought out. so you tell me whats happening!!!!!!

He's 100% healthy but he just wants to stay home, collect checks and play Grand Theft Auto V. Maybe smoke a little ganja and nibble on some chile-lime Corn Nuts.

TheEkbombIsReal 10-18-2013 01:23 PM

George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 4m
#FlaPanthers Kevin Dineen says he's worried about Sean Bergenheim's career, says he's not a viable option right now

George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 27s
Kevin Dineen wouldn't say Sean Bergenheim's current state is more mental than physical but it sounds that way #FlaPanthers

Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 3m
Dineen clearly losing patience with Bergenheims mental aversion to return #flapanthers

Well this aint good :cry:

Erikfromfin 10-18-2013 03:15 PM

http://yle.fi/urheilu/suomalaisella_...astaan/6890462

link to the finnish interview story. Dineed does indeed say his worried for seans career.
and somehow mysteriously says it might be mental issue with him and not physical injury?? whats with that

Egblad 10-18-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakstar (Post 72837399)
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 4m
#FlaPanthers Kevin Dineen says he's worried about Sean Bergenheim's career, says he's not a viable option right now

George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 27s
Kevin Dineen wouldn't say Sean Bergenheim's current state is more mental than physical but it sounds that way #FlaPanthers

Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 3m
Dineen clearly losing patience with Bergenheims mental aversion to return #flapanthers

Well this aint good :cry:

Holy.......Wow -- what the frick happened here?

This situation is a lot worse than I thought it was based on those statements. It sounds like Bergenheim doesn't want to return to the team, or has zero faith in our trainers and rehab processes. Yikes.

ShootIt 10-18-2013 03:23 PM

So, can his contract be voided?

harv3317 10-18-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

maybe i'm not wrong!! ayy na sayers!!!!!

Clockwork4168 10-18-2013 03:35 PM

He's the new derrick rose.

Erikfromfin 10-18-2013 03:38 PM

i can try and do quick translation of the article.

Finnish NHL forward in mysterious situation - "im worried for his career" is the topic

Sean bergenheim hasnt been seen in action for very long time. at the moment his rehabilitating in toronto with alternate methods

Sunrise Florida. Sean bergenheim hasnt played a single nhl game in year and a half. during the nhl lockout he managed to play two games for HIFK in finnish elite league, but those are his only hockey games since spring 2012.
Bergenheim has been going operations to his hip area and upper body. at the florida panthers training camp it looked like he was closing in being fit to play. but during at the beginning of season his been going to nashville to get rehabilitation. at the moment his for the 5th day in toronto.
his gonna return to florida in 3 to 4 days says head coach Dineen.
Dineen believes this trip to toronto has chance to help bergenheim in his recovery.
his rehabilitation has lasted very, very, very long time. he needs to be ready not just physically but also mentally when he returns to play for florida says dineen.
we have been patient with him and we continue to be patient with him.
we need him and his energy back to our team.
when he can think only about ice hockey he can be a big part of our team.

Panthers have no say in when bergenheim will return. at the moment his return back is completely wide open. the doctors who operated him will give him the permission to play in time not the panthers. He hasnt visited a doctor for a while now and the rehabitation his going through in toronto at the moment is different says dineen.

has the rehab been physical or mental asks the reporter
-im not gonna comment on that says dineen. back in 2011-2012 sean was core players in the panthers squad but those days are just memory for dineen now
-his been gone for so long time i havent had time to think about him. we saw at the training camp that his nearing fitness but his outside our radar screen until he returns to the ice.
i am worried over his career! says dineen. as a coach i worry about him as a player becuase his been gone so long time. this is tough sport and his not good player if he cannot play physically. he needs to feel well. when he gets his health side back on track he may become important player for us once again.

thats about the story. all i can do with my poor english sorry bout that.

agent082 10-18-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP Mick (Post 72776845)
He's 100% healthy but he just wants to stay home, collect checks and play Grand Theft Auto V. Maybe smoke a little ganja and nibble on some chile-lime Corn Nuts.

According tonight news this starts to sound like a right answer. Joking aside, I hope he hasn't got big mental issues.

Egblad 10-18-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erikfromfin (Post 72843263)
i can try and do quick translation of the article.

Finnish NHL forward in mysterious situation - "im worried for his career" is the topic

Sean bergenheim hasnt been seen in action for very long time. at the moment his rehabilitating in toronto with alternate methods

Sunrise Florida. Sean bergenheim hasnt played a single nhl game in year and a half. during the nhl lockout he managed to play two games for HIFK in finnish elite league, but those are his only hockey games since spring 2012.
Bergenheim has been going operations to his hip area and upper body. at the florida panthers training camp it looked like he was closing in being fit to play. but during at the beginning of season his been going to nashville to get rehabilitation. at the moment his for the 5th day in toronto.
his gonna return to florida in 3 to 4 days says head coach Dineen.
Dineen believes this trip to toronto has chance to help bergenheim in his recovery.
his rehabilitation has lasted very, very, very long time. he needs to be ready not just physically but also mentally when he returns to play for florida says dineen.
we have been patient with him and we continue to be patient with him.
we need him and his energy back to our team.
when he can think only about ice hockey he can be a big part of our team.

Panthers have no say in when bergenheim will return. at the moment his return back is completely wide open. the doctors who operated him will give him the permission to play in time not the panthers. He hasnt visited a doctor for a while now and the rehabitation his going through in toronto at the moment is different says dineen.

has the rehab been physical or mental asks the reporter
-im not gonna comment on that says dineen. back in 2011-2012 sean was core players in the panthers squad but those days are just memory for dineen now
-his been gone for so long time i havent had time to think about him. we saw at the training camp that his nearing fitness but his outside our radar screen until he returns to the ice.
i am worried over his career! says dineen. as a coach i worry about him as a player becuase his been gone so long time. this is tough sport and his not good player if he cannot play physically. he needs to feel well. when he gets his health side back on track he may become important player for us once again.

thats about the story. all i can do with my poor english sorry bout that.

Thanks for the translation, it was fine :)