HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: An enforcer to Habs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1508115)

mrinsane 10-02-2013 07:51 AM

An enforcer to Habs
 
Georges Parros is injured and Habs need to add some heavyweight. I have some names come to my mind:

Mike Rupp
Patrick Bordeleau
Mike Brown
John Scott
B.J. Crombeen
Ryan Reaves
Cam Janssen
Darcy Hordichuk an Pierre- Luc Leblond

What is the value for one of those beast? I'm ready to give a similar return like Floride had Big Parros maybe more

luki here 10-02-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrinsane (Post 71855293)
Georges Parros is injured and Habs need to add some heavyweight. I have some names come to my mind:

Mike Rupp
Patrick Bordeleau
Mike Brown
John Scott
B.J. Crombeen
Ryan Reaves
Cam Janssen
Darcy Hordichuk an Pierre- Luc Leblond

What is the value for one of those beast? I'm ready to give a similar return like Floride had Big Parros maybe more

Boulton for a 6th?

Smif 10-02-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrinsane (Post 71855293)
Georges Parros is injured and Habs need to add some heavyweight. I have some names come to my mind:

Mike Rupp
Patrick Bordeleau
Mike Brown
John Scott
B.J. Crombeen
Ryan Reaves
Cam Janssen
Darcy Hordichuk an Pierre- Luc Leblond

What is the value for one of those beast? I'm ready to give a similar return like Floride had Big Parros maybe more

Didn't Janssen just clear waivers?

Rutkowski 10-02-2013 08:18 AM

Why does Montreal need an enforcer? What does he actually provide that the team doesn't already have? Wouldn't it be better to put a competent shutdown guy in that fourth line instead of a viability.

Hire Sather 10-02-2013 08:22 AM

None of those guys, including Parros, deserve a job in the NHL.

Boggles my mind these useless goons still find work.

sharks9 10-02-2013 08:24 AM

Until Parros comes back he have Prust, Moen, White and Tinordi who are all decent fighters.

Not heavyweights but there's not much point in giving up assets for one.

SprDaVE 10-02-2013 08:36 AM

Just wait until one goes on waivers.

Poignant Discussion 10-02-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Sather (Post 71856067)
None of those guys, including Parros, deserve a job in the NHL.

Boggles my mind these useless goons still find work.

As far as I'm concerned it cost the Habs the game, use your speed and generate chances. Don't try to win in the alley and ignore whats on the ice

gdsmack267 10-02-2013 08:45 AM

Glass for a 7th rounder

HooliganX2 10-02-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Sather (Post 71856067)
None of those guys, including Parros, deserve a job in the NHL.

Boggles my mind these useless goons still find work.

You know nothing about Reaves do you? He's a very effective 4th line player.

wunderpanda 10-02-2013 08:58 AM

You can borrow John Scott and Kaleta when you face the Leafs :D but you have to return them after the game.

kingdok 10-02-2013 08:58 AM

Parros was actually playing good hockey in that game, on top of beating up Orr, before he went down. None of the players mentioned will be able to do that. Except for Reaves, but he'll cost a lot.

Keep your assets. Useless goons are useless.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 10-02-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Sather (Post 71856067)
None of those guys, including Parros, deserve a job in the NHL.

Boggles my mind these useless goons still find work.

Mike Brown is on that list you consider him a goon?

Chainshot 10-02-2013 09:07 AM

Scott likely isn't available due to the very same reason the Habs went out to get Parros -- Carlyle's goon-squad needs a counter.

Playmaker09 10-02-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion (Post 71856689)
As far as I'm concerned it cost the Habs the game, use your speed and generate chances. Don't try to win in the alley and ignore whats on the ice

The Habs outshot the Leafs 31-20 at EV. The problem was the minor penalties, not the majors.

Leo Trollmarov 10-02-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion (Post 71856689)
As far as I'm concerned it cost the Habs the game, use your speed and generate chances. Don't try to win in the alley and ignore whats on the ice

That didn't work to well last year.

Leo Trollmarov 10-02-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playmaker09 (Post 71857447)
The Habs outshot the Leafs 31-20 at EV. The problem was the minor penalties, not the majors.

The Leafs had more PP time to get shots in.

If doesn't matter when the shots or goals happen, they all count for the same. Learnt o stay out of the box and this doesn't happen.

KomiMon 10-02-2013 09:20 AM

Yes please get another goon so the leafs have another face to pound in

SlapJack 10-02-2013 09:29 AM

Honestly, let's take a look at why the Habs lost that game last night.

Are they tougher this year because they added Parros? That's debatable.

Did they play Leafs hockey last night and spend more time in the box instead of playing Canadiens hockey? Yes, and that's why they lost. Montreal needs to play up-tempo hockey and cash in on their PP's as much as possible in order to be successful. When they don't do that, they lose.

They don't need another enforcer.

Ceremony 10-02-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Sather (Post 71856067)
None of those guys, including Parros, deserve a job in the NHL.

Boggles my mind these useless goons still find work.

Hey now Bordeleau can at least skate.

sansabri 10-02-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlapJack (Post 71858173)
Honestly, let's take a look at why the Habs lost that game last night.

Are they tougher this year because they added Parros? That's debatable.

Did they play Leafs hockey last night and spend more time in the box instead of playing Canadiens hockey? Yes, and that's why they lost. Montreal needs to play up-tempo hockey and cash in on their PP's as much as possible in order to be successful. When they don't do that, they lose.

They don't need another enforcer.

lol. did you even watch the game. the refs handed the game to the Leafs.

Commander Clueless 10-02-2013 09:40 AM

Leafs have like 5 extras.

But they are precious to us.....yes, precious....

Wait, are you trying to challenge the Leafs for most fights in a season? That is OUR title dammit!

LEAFANFORLIFE23 10-02-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spazmatic Dan (Post 71858599)
Leafs have like 5 extras.

But they are precious to us.....yes, precious....

Wait, are you trying to challenge the Leafs for most fights in a season? That is OUR title dammit!


Your sig made me laugh

Analyzer* 10-02-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Sather (Post 71856067)
None of those guys, including Parros, deserve a job in the NHL.

Boggles my mind these useless goons still find work.

They do their job. They deserve their pay checks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdsmack267 (Post 71856731)
Glass for a 7th rounder

We want someone who is a heavyweight. Not a punching bag.

Championship* 10-02-2013 09:55 AM

Aaron Asham, yours for the low, low price of future considerations


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.