HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Post Game Talk: October 2, 2013| vs. Toronto. Johnny B. GOODe; BAD to the Bone; UGLY Truth (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1508533)

MiamiScreamingEagles 10-02-2013 05:35 PM

October 2, 2013| vs. Toronto. Johnny B. GOODe; BAD to the Bone; UGLY Truth

Our version of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

A suggestion or two has been made for discussion following games. We can make comments in this format: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

This will open after the game at some point.

Quote:

Johnny B. Goode (Chuck Berry) -- The good about this game.

Quote:

Bad to the Bone (George Thorogood) -- The bad about this game.

Quote:

Ugly Truth (Soundgarden) -- Ugly, pretty or otherwise, your true feelings summarized.

CanadianFlyer88 10-02-2013 09:29 PM

The good: north-south puck movement, Mason was okay, Vinny looked awesome, the defensemen (though Mez looked a little shaky).

The bad: the powerplay; good puck movement, but not enough finish... Simmonds' penalty shot.

The ugly: missed chances; the predominant reason why this game was lost. The 5-on-5 play was pretty good this game. The Leafs certainly didn't create much offense... but they sure as hell finished when they did. Brayden Schenn; nice that he scored a goal... too bad he checked out shortly afterwards.

Flyerfan4life 10-02-2013 09:31 PM

GOOD: Vinny was fun to watch and Mason deserves better then this god awful team

BAD: i want my 3 hours back.
seriously... GRRRRR !!!!

UGLY : i hate calling it right when i knew this was gunna be a loss and a ****show of yet more Lavi fail....

Jack de la Hoya 10-02-2013 09:32 PM

Good: Vinny, Streit, ES defense
Bad: Mezsaros, 1 for 7 PP, 0 for 2 PK
Ugly: Even strength offense.

Roo Mad Bro 10-02-2013 09:33 PM

The good: PP movement, Read, the first half of the game

The bad: PP finishing, intensity after the Leafs scored the 2nd goal, the bounces

The ugly: Turnovers (Couturier specifically), ES offense.

Hell of a game by Bernier though.

CanadianFlyer88 10-02-2013 09:34 PM

I bet the Flyers had 30 missed shots. Hitting the net would have helped tonight.

GingerFetish 10-02-2013 09:35 PM

SuchySays 10-02-2013 09:35 PM

the ugly: the new goal song

Garbage Goal 10-02-2013 09:35 PM

The Good: Lecavalier on that Schenn goal. It was all him. Giroux played well but never put up any numbers. Mason played as well as expected. Grossmann had some great blocks on the PK. The 1st period. I think we dominated on FW though I'm not sure what happened after the 1st.

The Bad: ES production was absent per usual. That PS by Simmonds.

The Ugly: Where do I start? I lost count of how many missed chances we had, our team that's supposed to be elite offensively and thrive on the PP went 1-7 on it and missed a PS, Rosehill was in instead of our best prospect in Laughton, and speaking of Rosehill he took a stupid penalty that ended up with him getting destroyed by Orr illegally almost immediately after.

Flyerss 10-02-2013 09:35 PM

1- why are they still dumping the puck only to lose every time happend last season and still happening.
2- Mez was just standing there in the PP and he had alot of space
3- 2nd and 3rd weren't Mason's fault
4-stop dumping the puck
5-stop dumping the puck
6-stop dumping the puck

PhilaFlyers 10-02-2013 09:35 PM

Good: Giroux, Lecavalier, Streit
Bad: Simmonds, Couturier
Ugly: Talbot, 5 on 5 offense

flyersfan28 10-02-2013 09:35 PM

i think the flyers deserve to win that games
new goal song?

StandingCow 10-02-2013 09:36 PM

The good: Read, he almost never looks bad. 1st period.

The bad: The PP, 7 chances and only got 1 in.

The ugly: Our system/coach, little to no adjustment from last year, it will be the same story this year. Couturier was horrible.

MP92 10-02-2013 09:36 PM

Good: 1st period, Giroux, Lecavalier, Streit, Mason, Grossmann
Bad: Couts, Mesz, Talbot
Ugly: Our lack of finish on the PP. 1-7 is horrible no matter how good the other goalie is. 2nd and 3rd periods overall were crap as well.

FreshPerspective 10-02-2013 09:36 PM

Ugly: Lavi's system

Good: Lavi's system exposed early enough to speed up his banishment....

BTW..I don't know how you can say the 5 on 5 play was good....they couldn't finish and in the 3rd period were turning over the puck due to the hard check and clogging up of the neutral zone. Yeah the PP kind of did them in but if that is all you are going to rely upon you will be cooked against teams that won't be as tired, check even harder, are more disciplined with penalties and have a goalie like Schneider, Lundqvist, Bernier and Bob....

BringBackStevens 10-02-2013 09:37 PM

I really don't see the Laviolette complaints in this game. Just don't see it. The Leafs barely generated offense opportunities.

Special teams (which have been pretty good under Lavi) killed them this game. Add in a few missed chances at even strength.

CanadianFlyer88 10-02-2013 09:37 PM

The first two goals against were carbon copies of one another, too: missed assignments in the slot. Both goals were preventable.

bennyprofane 10-02-2013 09:37 PM

All Forward edition...
Good- Vinny, Read, Giroux (especially considering he missed pre-season)
Bad- Hartnell's hands, Simmond's penalty shot.
Ugly- Jake starting the game on the third line. Have him skip a shift or two to ease him back in, but it's ridiculous to split up the chemistry that Jake and Roo had last year,

flyersfan28 10-02-2013 09:37 PM

best player of this games
1lecavalier
2mason
3schenn

PhilaFlyers 10-02-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersfan28 (Post 71899287)
i think the flyers deserve to win that games
new goal song?

I disagree, while Bernier was good the Flyers failed to get many quality chances 5 on 5.

And the new song is TNT by ACDC. :thumbd: Bring back Bro Hymn.

bennysflyers16 10-02-2013 09:38 PM

You notice last few PP s when Leafs adjusted on our drop pass entry's and Franson was jumping the play, they still didn't stop doing it. We used to use that tactic some times with G, now they do it every time even with Read, it's awful.

Playing Jake with Talbot was a moronic decision, dressing Rosehill for 1.5 mins was moronic, team coming out flat in the 3rd was same as last year, not one positive change from last year, not one.

Jtown 10-02-2013 09:38 PM

Whoever commented on the fact that all you have to beat the flyers is crowd the puck carrier is absolutely right.

SchennSational1022* 10-02-2013 09:38 PM

Simmonds was embarrassing tonight, like really bad.

FlyerSithLord 10-02-2013 09:38 PM

I really don't know what to say about the coaching, with a two different cores, I've watched two different Flyers teams suffer the same type of **** under two different coaches. I'm not even sure a new coach would matter.

Garbage Goal 10-02-2013 09:39 PM

Oh, yeah, add Voracek and Couturier playing with Talbot all game long to my Ugly list.