HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Montreal - Nashville (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1508673)

BigHabs 10-02-2013 08:49 PM

Montreal - Nashville

:habs

Raphael Diaz

:nashville

Zach Budish
pick

Montreal can call up Pateryn until Murray and Emelin come back.

sansabri 10-02-2013 08:50 PM

you nuts. Diaz is good.

BigHabs 10-02-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sansabri (Post 71894541)
you nuts. Diaz is good.

You forgot the :sarcasm:, just joking. Diaz is good, but he is not what the Habs need. I find he is alright on the PP. But I find he gets out muscled for the puck lately.

Just not that physical and the Habs need physical dmen. Pateryn was solid last year in his short stint and also this year during pre season. I think he would be ideal until Murray and Emelin are back.

Blind Gardien 10-02-2013 08:58 PM

Diaz may need to be used a little differently than the coaching staff used him last night, but he's still a good (and affordable) NHL player. Habs aren't deep enough that they can afford to lose him for a prospect. For now. See how the season progresses. It could become a more attractive option to trade him later, if the team is floundering and if other young d-men show good signs of progression.

sansabri 10-02-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peso (Post 71894927)
You forgot the :sarcasm:, just joking. Diaz is good, but he is not what the Habs need. I find he is alright on the PP. But I find he gets out muscled for the puck lately.

Just not that physical and the Habs need physical dmen. Pateryn was solid last year in his short stint and also this year during pre season. I think he would be ideal until Murray and Emelin are back.

in no way is he perfect, but he's a very effective PMD. we could get much more than a project and a pick for him.

also, if Markov doesn't find his old form, he might be out of the picture after this season. trading Diaz could end up being a mistake. not everyone on the Habs can be a physical presence. we need offense too.

nashpreds 10-03-2013 12:52 AM

I don't think we really have a need for Diaz at this point, maybe if he was left handed. Our top four is pretty much a lock with Josi, Weber, Klein and Jones. Diaz wouldn't be an improvement over any of those guys in my opinion. He'd be a good 3rd pairing guy but we have a similar player in Ryan Ellis already.

The Value is fair but the need for a guy like Diaz but in my opinion we don't need him right now. Others may have a different view though.

Punkeater 10-03-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien (Post 71895437)
Diaz may need to be used a little differently than the coaching staff used him last night, but he's still a good (and affordable) NHL player. Habs aren't deep enough that they can afford to lose him for a prospect. For now. See how the season progresses. It could become a more attractive option to trade him later, if the team is floundering and if other young d-men show good signs of progression.

This ^ Diaz is needed until Murray and Emelin are back. When they'll get back, a trade could happen involving Diaz. They'll be injuries on other teams too and there will be more team in need probably + Diaz can make his value go higher until then as we all know he'll make his points again this year on the PP. He's really good offensively and could really help a team with a weak power play. Now isn't the best time to trade him. Might have been different a week ago with a Douglas Murray not injured...

AtlantaWhaler 10-03-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashpreds (Post 71911365)
I don't think we really have a need for Diaz at this point, maybe if he was left handed. Our top four is pretty much a lock with Josi, Weber, Klein and Jones. Diaz wouldn't be an improvement over any of those guys in my opinion. He'd be a good 3rd pairing guy but we have a similar player in Ryan Ellis already.

The Value is fair but the need for a guy like Diaz but in my opinion we don't need him right now. Others may have a different view though.

Actually, while our top-4 is set for a long time, I think the rest of our D is quite thin. This is Ellis's last chance at becoming effective, and Ekholm had a terrible preseason (yes it's early).

The only reason I'd think twice about this trade is because, with Jones and Forsberg and the possibility of Beck and Watson graduating from the land of prospects this year, Budish and Aberg will most likely become a couple of our tops in the minors.

Overall, good proposal.

Domino11 10-03-2013 03:06 PM

If I'm mtl I would ask for Watson instead !! Budish is good but Watson fill out more of a need for mtl !!

Maybe something like , Diaz + bourque + thomas agains Watson + budish + diaby + 3 round

Bourque would help offensively and doesn't cost much at 3.3 m , Diaz is a 4-5 dman that can put up some point and is cheap at 1.5 m , Thomas is a small forward but is speedy as hell and is a true scoring machine !! Watson is a good shutdown player that will always give is 100% and I see him as mtl 3 line with bournival and he will bring size , budish will bring size and scoring touch to mtl as a natural right winger , diaby is a prospect that will hopefully be good in a few years and he's French so mtl fan will love him !

Diaz = Watson
Bourque + Thomas = budish + diaby + 3 round

Soundgarden 10-03-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Domino11 (Post 71937271)
If I'm mtl I would ask for Watson instead !! Budish is good but Watson fill out more of a need for mtl !!

Maybe something like , Diaz + bourque + thomas agains Watson + budish + diaby + 3 round

Bourque would help offensively and doesn't cost much at 3.3 m , Diaz is a 4-5 dman that can put up some point and is cheap at 1.5 m , Thomas is a small forward but is speedy as hell and is a true scoring machine !! Watson is a good shutdown player that will always give is 100% and I see him as mtl 3 line with bournival and he will bring size , budish will bring size and scoring touch to mtl as a natural right winger , diaby is a prospect that will hopefully be good in a few years and he's French so mtl fan will love him !

Diaz = Watson
Bourque + Thomas = budish + diaby + 3 round

We need Watson more than we would need Diaz.

Joe T Choker 10-03-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundgarden (Post 71937595)
We need Watson more than we would need Diaz.

Particularly IF Legwand rolls in the offseason or is traded at the deadline

CanadienShark 10-03-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sansabri (Post 71895927)
in no way is he perfect, but he's a very effective PMD. we could get much more than a project and a pick for him.

also, if Markov doesn't find his old form, he might be out of the picture after this season. trading Diaz could end up being a mistake. not everyone on the Habs can be a physical presence. we need offense too.

Unless Beaulieu can be physical and offensive. :)

But seriously, he'll need another couple years before he can overtake Diaz imo.

Binary Code 10-03-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peso (Post 71894415)
:habs

Raphael Diaz

:nashville

Zach Budish
pick

Montreal can call up Pateryn until Murray and Emelin come back.

Beurk.

How about a Diaz for Weber then ? :sarcasm:

Mrb1p 10-03-2013 04:30 PM

On another note, Desharnais would be a great fit for Nashville, IMO.

Oh and I'd be willing to give up A LOT for Forsberg .. Damn I love the kid.

PredsHabs 10-04-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrb1p (Post 71941079)
On another note, Desharnais would be a great fit for Nashville, IMO.

Oh and I'd be willing to give up A LOT for Forsberg .. Damn I love the kid.

What is a lot for Forsberg? What would you be willing to give up to get him? Probably not going anywhere but just interested in what you have to offer.

thecloser 10-04-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predshabs (Post 71989355)
What is a lot for Forsberg? What would you be willing to give up to get him? Probably not going anywhere but just interested in what you have to offer.

it doesn't matter. i love galchenyuk but i wouldn't give up forsberg for him. Forsberg and Jones are two of the best prospects Nashville has had in a long while so why even speak or be interested of moving either. that's what irks me about this board.

We STOLE forsberg and in no way in hell is he moving or should he be thought about being moved.