HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Sedins available? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1509725)

rockjngo 10-04-2013 11:40 AM

Sedins available?
 
They will be 34 and UFA. Henrik Sedin is a #1 center which we haven't had since Pierre Turgeon/Vinny Damphousse. Daniel Sedin is a #1 winger since Guy Lafleur. Both Sedins are on their way down. Vancouver hasn't won anything with Sedins. Time for a change?
Time for us to dump our unwanted?

Brian Gionta
David Desharnais
Tomas Plekanec

couris 10-04-2013 11:43 AM

dump plekanec but i doubt they will accept

SpreeEndaz 10-04-2013 11:45 AM

Bergevin couldn't fit Lecavalier for 4 years since our young core will cost us a lot of money in a few years, I'm very doubtful that freezing around 16M$ per year for 5 years is something MB is down with.

MXD 10-04-2013 11:49 AM

Strongly against it.

Cupmonger 10-04-2013 11:50 AM

Do we really want to take that direction?

Well, first it will depend on how much Eller and Galchenuke develop this season. They eventually need to be our 1st and 2nd centers. If they aren't there yet, fine. But if they do show that they can take up the spot, then I think we should go for wingers and defencemen.

The only reason I don't want the Sedins is pretty much because they suck in the playoffs. They play great in the regular season. But after that, they just fade away. Even though they have skills, they kind of seem past their prime and lacking fuel.

Besides, I think we'll need the money to lock up some players we currently have. The Sedins will want to be together and who knows how much they'll cost. Imo, getting 1 star will suffice.

The Nightman 10-04-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by couris (Post 71993957)
dump plekanec but i doubt they will accept

What???? I thought you were Plekanec's biggest fan?

rockjngo 10-04-2013 11:51 AM

I for one would love to add Sedins. Its been over 10 years + since we had talents that could guide our young guns. Colorado had Sakic and Forsberg, Pitsburgh has Malkin and Crosby. Our best forward that I could remember we had in 10 years was Koivu. Talent was Kovalev but he shows up once every 10 games.

I would offer anyone except Subban, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Eller, Price, Tinordi, Pacioretty.


Offer, Plekanec, Bourque, Desharnais, Beaulieu and 1st round pick.

uiCk 10-04-2013 11:52 AM

no thanks. giving up young talent (which we need) for ageing talent (which we don't) would be lol.

/thread

Theosis 10-04-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockjngo (Post 71994283)
Offer, Plekanec, Bourque, Desharnais, Beaulieu and 1st round pick.

And I doubt they really would want most of that. Only Plekanec would be anything that's really worth anything.

Strik_IX 10-04-2013 11:57 AM

If Vancouver trades the Sedins, it pretty much means: "We've tried and failed". They've been considered a contender for many years and their window is about to close.

I doubt VAN trades them unless they have no chance of making the playoffs by the deadline and it would be for a king's ransom.

Frozenice 10-04-2013 12:16 PM

I think they would fire Torts first.

Monctonscout 10-04-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz (Post 71994033)
Bergevin couldn't fit Lecavalier for 4 years since our young core will cost us a lot of money in a few years, I'm very doubtful that freezing around 16M$ per year for 5 years is something MB is down with.

With Lecavalier it's not so much fitting him in as having a large(around 5 mil) cap hit on a player that would be declined in 3-4 years. 2-3 years is not much risk but 4-5 would be.

I don't really see the Sedins as a fit for the Habs. They would cost around 7 mil/year each or more and potentially decline by the point Galchenyuk/Tinordi/Beaulieu/Collberg etc hit their prime in 2-3 years

sXe 10-04-2013 12:45 PM

I stopped reading at 34

ZARTONK 10-04-2013 12:46 PM

No thanks..

Agnostic 10-04-2013 12:49 PM

What team can clear $14m in cap space? Not Montreal that's for sure.

shutehinside 10-04-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockjngo (Post 71993847)
They will be 34 and UFA. Henrik Sedin is a #1 center which we haven't had since Pierre Turgeon/Vinny Damphousse. Daniel Sedin is a #1 winger since Guy Lafleur. Both Sedins are on their way down. Vancouver hasn't won anything with Sedins. Time for a change?
Time for us to dump our unwanted?

Brian Gionta
David Desharnais
Tomas Plekanec

So our busted up Captain, uselss centre and our top but quickly fading top centre for their two best, franchise players.

Where do I sign up??

onemorecup* 10-04-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strik_IX (Post 71994525)
If Vancouver trades the Sedins, it pretty much means: "We've tried and failed". They've been considered a contender for many years and their window is about to close.

I doubt VAN trades them unless they have no chance of making the playoffs by the deadline and it would be for a king's ransom.

if Gillis has 1/2 a brain

its gut time but wont do it

he will kick the can down the road like Calgary til their completely crap

this team has peaked , their window has come and gone

uiCk 10-04-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onemorecup (Post 71996699)
if Gillis has 1/2 a brain

its gut time but wont do it

he will kick the can down the road like Calgary til their completely crap

this team has peaked , their window has come and gone

Pretty much what i was thinking; Van making same mistakes Cgy did by delaying the inevitable.

De Montreal 10-04-2013 01:14 PM

I'd trade Prust, Eller, Bourque and Pacioretty for the two of them.

Then we can have this lineup:

Gallagher - Sedin - Sedin
Gionta - Desharnais - Brière
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Dumont
Bouillon - White - Bournival

couris 10-04-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal (Post 71997621)
I'd trade Prust, Eller, Bourque and Pacioretty for the two of them.

Then we can have this lineup:

Gallagher - Sedin - Sedin
Gionta - Desharnais - Brière
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Dumont
Bouillon - White - Bournival

you forgot to add galchenyuk

Strik_IX 10-04-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal (Post 71997621)
I'd trade Prust, Eller, Bourque and Pacioretty for the two of them.

Then we can have this lineup:

Gallagher - Sedin - Sedin
Gionta - Desharnais - Brière
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Dumont
Bouillon - White - Bournival

:facepalm:

Why not throw in Price and Subban while you're at it...

Ice Poutine 10-04-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal (Post 71997621)
I'd trade Prust, Eller, Bourque and Pacioretty for the two of them.

..

And dont forget to include the Bell Centre and The Big 'O' to sweeten the deal...:shakehead

Odelein24 10-04-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal (Post 71997621)
I'd trade Prust, Eller, Bourque and Pacioretty for the two of them.

Then we can have this lineup:

Gallagher - Sedin - Sedin
Gionta - Desharnais - Brière
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Dumont
Bouillon - White - Bournival

Bouillon on the 4th line is a nice touch hahahah! :)

Halifaxhab* 10-04-2013 01:36 PM

ATM it is true we have no true #1C, but, we do have Pleks, Eller (who is stepping up over his last 45games or so) even DD who can play as a 2nd line C some nights. We do have Galch in a couple years too. This year isn't the time to move futures for aged vets. We are still a couple years off making that kind of move.

Cap comes into play here too. Eller and Subban will be getting raises. What is the cap going to be? Etc...etc

rockjngo 10-04-2013 04:03 PM

I would trade Plekanec (affordable contract), Gionta (expiring contract), Desharnais (long term), Beaulieu (future) and 1st round pick

Plekanec $5 mil
Gionta $5 mil (UFA 2014)
Desharnais $3.5 mil
~$14 mil contract

Henrik Sedin $7 mil (UFA 2014)
Daniel Sedin $7 mil (UFA 2014)

Vancouver can sign Thomas Vanek in the summer with Gionta gone. Beaulieu will quarterback the powerplay and 1st round pick 2014.

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Pacioretty
Gallagher-Galchenyuk-Briere
Bourque-Eller-Bournival
Moen-White-Prust
Parros


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.