HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Here's a Fun Hypothetical.... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=151038)

Face Wash 07-13-2005 10:25 PM

Here's a Fun Hypothetical....
 
The Avs are one team a lot of people think are in a little bit of trouble with the cap. In order to keep Forsberg and Foote at the salary they'd command along with the high salaries of Sakic, Hejduk and other players they're already commited to, they might have to buyout a high priced player.

If I recall, they have a certain player we used to think pretty highly of on our blueline who makes a pretty penny. There's a chance that defenseman might be bought out.

Do we bring Blakey back in that instance? Only a month ago he played on a Kings' Alumni team in a charity game here in town with Evans, Foxy and DT. Guess he must still love Manhattan Beach.

This isn't that far-fetched people.... we'll have to see.

Reaper45 07-13-2005 11:22 PM

Like I said before, I'd welcome Blake back, but until the day he dons a Kings jersey again, he will get my boos.

Kingz4life 07-13-2005 11:24 PM

I would welcome Blake back also...no doubt.

Mxpunk 07-13-2005 11:26 PM

Do you really think he'd come back? Didn't he have a problem with Leiweke? That's what I heard, but I don't have all the details...


I think I'd rather spend some money on an exciting offense!

Sam 07-13-2005 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingz4life
I would welcome Blake back also...no doubt.

Ditto.

Reaper45 07-13-2005 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mxpunk
Do you really think he'd come back? Didn't he have a problem with Leiweke? That's what I heard, but I don't have all the details...

It's Blake. He left for the money before, he'd come back for it again. Plus his wife and family are still here, and Nelson Emerson, his best friend is on the coaching staff.....he'd come back.

Beauty, eh? 07-13-2005 11:56 PM

I think the Av's will keep Blake but let Foote walk. I would really be surprised if Blake isn't wearing an Av's jersey next season.

Reaper45 07-14-2005 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beauty, eh?
I think the Av's will keep Blake but let Foote walk. I would really be surprised if Blake isn't wearing an Av's jersey next season.

Why? Keep the cheaper, better defenseman, and let the more expensive, aging vet go.....

Captain Ron 07-14-2005 01:07 AM

Blake was my favorite player back in the day. I would love to see him come back to the Kings.......and add some awesome offensive players too.... we should have the cap room for that.

nikolai19 07-14-2005 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Face Wash
The Avs are one team a lot of people think are in a little bit of trouble with the cap. In order to keep Forsberg and Foote at the salary they'd command along with the high salaries of Sakic, Hejduk and other players they're already commited to, they might have to buyout a high priced player.

If I recall, they have a certain player we used to think pretty highly of on our blueline who makes a pretty penny. There's a chance that defenseman might be bought out.

Do we bring Blakey back in that instance? Only a month ago he played on a Kings' Alumni team in a charity game here in town with Evans, Foxy and DT. Guess he must still love Manhattan Beach.

This isn't that far-fetched people.... we'll have to see.


There is some validity to this. Colorado is in a interesting position. They have to sign Forsberg and Hedjuk and Foote. I think Blake is expendable. If he comes back at a reasonable price, which he should because he is almost 36 years old, we should get him. It doesn't have an impact on the young guys. Primarily because Miller will be gone within the next year.

Blake-Norstrom
Miller-Visnovsky
Gleason-Dempsey

is a solid core of guys.

I would want to make sure Blakey has a clean bill of health as well. He and Taylor are good friends so it may be a Luc type of situation to bring him back and have him finish his career here.

I Am Ziggy Palffy 07-14-2005 07:17 PM

i think our D is solid...a dominant D man would be nice, but i would much rather pursue hedjuk or tanguay if the AVS are desperate enough to dump payroll....seems to me like one of the two may become expendable...especially since there is no way the AVS would let forsberg walk...i think

Mxpunk 07-14-2005 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
i think our D is solid...a dominant D man would be nice, but i would much rather pursue hedjuk or tanguay if the AVS are desperate enough to dump payroll....seems to me like one of the two may become expendable...especially since there is no way the AVS would let forsberg walk...i think

Totally agree...I'm comfortable with our defense as well, and I think the Kings truly need an offensive force up front....Blake would be nice, but I think that there are more important holes to fill than on defense....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.