HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Who here is renewing their season tix???? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=151158)

JR#9* 07-14-2005 10:58 AM

Who here is renewing their season tix????

I'm most likely not going to do it for the 1st time in 11 yrs but it has nothing to do w/the lockout or the rebuild but rather me having a 4yr old and 11 month old and me moving to central NJ instead of Staten Island so the commute after games would suck.

But anyway I was curious if others are reupping or not and if not if it's because of the lockout.

As a side note anybody who has tix and wants to relocate or is thinking of signing up for tix I would HIGHLY suggest trying to get the seats I', most likely giving up because I thought they were the best value seats in the building.

They're blueline across from the NYR bench in the 300's but they are the very last row in the 300 level so you have a 12 ft wall behind you before the blueseats start so the freedom that this allowed was unbelievable in that I basicly stood the entire game or sat on the top end of the seat so the view was great.

It also has a ledge that served as a table behind you for food/drinks and all in all they were just great seats so if anyone is interested in getting these let me know and I'll give you the info once I decide to definetely not renew.

I'd rather somebody at HF get them then somebody else if they are interested.

FLYLine24 07-14-2005 11:05 AM

I am, my friend isnt. He is all pissed off that ticket prices didnt go down as a result of the hard cap. Even though I told him they werent going to he thought they would.

otto1219 07-14-2005 11:07 AM

i am too, the only reason i went to school in the city was because i have season tickets to the rangers, completely backfired on me last year though....

Jackson Ranger 07-14-2005 11:45 AM

I split the tickets with three other guys, so I have a different situation. Myself and another guy were against reupping, because of the ineptitude of the management as well as the lockout. Also, I just started a company in November and didn't know how much time I would have to go watch hockey.

However, I am now on the fence as what to do. I guess I have the bug again. Plus, we had just moved down to the 100 level and I'm curious to watch the games from here (with paid tickets that is ;) )

BTW, JR, where did you move to in Central NJ?

bathgate 07-14-2005 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR#9
I'm most likely not going to do it for the 1st time in 11 yrs but it has nothing to do w/the lockout or the rebuild but rather me having a 4yr old and 11 month old and me moving to central NJ instead of Staten Island so the commute after games would suck.

But anyway I was curious if others are reupping or not and if not if it's because of the lockout.

As a side note anybody who has tix and wants to relocate or is thinking of signing up for tix I would HIGHLY suggest trying to get the seats I', most likely giving up because I thought they were the best value seats in the building.

They're blueline across from the NYR bench in the 300's but they are the very last row in the 300 level so you have a 12 ft wall behind you before the blueseats start so the freedom that this allowed was unbelievable in that I basicly stood the entire game or sat on the top end of the seat so the view was great.

It also has a ledge that served as a table behind you for food/drinks and all in all they were just great seats so if anyone is interested in getting these let me know and I'll give you the info once I decide to definetely not renew.

I'd rather somebody at HF get them then somebody else if they are interested.

The commute may not suck. I lived in Marlboro at one time and took the train from Penn to Metro Park. Only one-half hour. Also the schedule was pretty decent.

DarthSather99 07-14-2005 12:01 PM

Quote:

So I guess you will become a NJ devils fan....entering the enemies territory....they will brain wash you.

NYRangers 07-14-2005 12:06 PM

I bought season tickets for the first time last year (no season obviously) but I am renewing them.

otto1219 07-14-2005 12:15 PM

i got my renewal thing a few days ago, i think i got 7 bucks off for all my seats, sweet deal if you ask me.

Choice 07-14-2005 12:30 PM

I'm renewing

JR#9* 07-14-2005 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger
BTW, JR, where did you move to in Central NJ?

I'm in the process of selling my house and we actually found one in Freehold right on the Marlboro border.

I'm making the natural procesion from Bklyn my 1st 25 yrs to SI for the last 5 now offically heading to the burbs.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you live in Jackson NJ?

JR#9* 07-14-2005 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthSather99
So I guess you will become a NJ devils fan....entering the enemies territory....they will brain wash you.

I'm selling out NYC to get the bigger house but I'll never sell out being a long suffering NYR fan, especially to become a Devil fan!

broadwayblue 07-14-2005 01:01 PM

i was looking over my invoice yesterday wondering why i wanted to pay over $5000 for my pair knowing full well it's going to be another long, painful season. i'm torn between renewing, dropping down to a cheaper section, or cancelling. now if we were to land Crosby that would change things. i'd renew in a heartbeat. i know it will still take some time, maybe a couple seasons before we return to winning ways...but at least there will be the promise of glory days to come.

nyrmessier011 07-14-2005 01:18 PM

ill re-new my plan...its not full season tho

Jackson Ranger 07-14-2005 01:34 PM

Quote:

I'm in the process of selling my house and we actually found one in Freehold right on the Marlboro border.

I'm making the natural procesion from Bklyn my 1st 25 yrs to SI for the last 5 now offically heading to the burbs.

Couldn't slide that one past you, eh?? :D

All I can say is, welcome to the neighborhood!!! :bow: And by the way, you're right about the commute. For us western Monmouth/Ocean county residents, it's a heck of a commute. I normally drive about 35 minutes to catch a train that takes one hour and ten minutes (or about a six pack) to get to Penn Station.

When you move down, send me a PM and I'll meet up with you.

tinyzombies 07-14-2005 01:37 PM

My first year in NYC.....I'm looking to buy into a package with someone...haven't begun seriously looking tho.....I have a feeling Crosby is headed this way

JR#9* 07-14-2005 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger
Couldn't slide that one past you, eh?? :D

All I can say is, welcome to the neighborhood!!! :bow: And by the way, you're right about the commute. For us western Monmouth/Ocean county residents, it's a heck of a commute. I normally drive about 35 minutes to catch a train that takes one hour and ten minutes (or about a six pack) to get to Penn Station.

When you move down, send me a PM and I'll meet up with you.

Thanks for the welcome and I'll PM you when I get down there.

Fletch 07-14-2005 02:45 PM

I'm shooting for a mini...

41 games is just too much and in my last season I must've eaten about 20 pairs. That becomes expensive over time.

broadwayblue 07-14-2005 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
41 games is just too much and in my last season I must've eaten about 20 pairs. That becomes expensive over time.

don't you mean 44 games. I love how we get to pay full price for 3 absolutely meaningless pre-season games. If the post-season costs more, shouldn't the pre-season cost less? that's a huge pet peave of mine...just another way the fan gets ripped when he should be rewarded for being a season ticket holder.

ECL 07-14-2005 04:10 PM

Quote:

You'll be around 25 minutes from me (when I live in Jersey and not in PA). Howdy, neighbor!

FLYLine24 07-14-2005 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadwayblue
don't you mean 44 games. I love how we get to pay full price for 3 absolutely meaningless pre-season games. If the post-season costs more, shouldn't the pre-season cost less? that's a huge pet peave of mine...just another way the fan gets ripped when he should be rewarded for being a season ticket holder.

Most teams have 4-5 home preseason games. And away preseason games arent even on TV.

broadwayblue 07-14-2005 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Most teams have 4-5 home preseason games. And away preseason games arent even on TV.

but why should i have to pay full price for a meaningless game? i mean who would walk up to the box office and actually pay more than a few bucks to see it? it's a bunch of crap...i wish more sportswriters would make a stink about it, especially now considering how all the talk is about what teams need to do to win back their fans. it really pisses me off.