HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - Mk 2.0 - Steals and Ripoffs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1514771)

PricePkPatch 10-11-2013 04:51 PM

Trade Proposal Thread - Mk 2.0 - Steals and Ripoffs

The other thread reached 40 pages, so...

Continue here!

What do you think would cost Yakupov, and do you think we could reform his ways?

Agnostic 10-11-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PricePkPatch (Post 72426711)
The other thread reached 40 pages, so...

Continue here!

What do you think would cost Yakupov, and do you think we could reform his ways?

It's going to cost Pacioretty and the cost of reform will be Mrs. Galchenyuks home cooking.

Sorinth 10-11-2013 05:00 PM

If we're going to trade DD it will have to be for another overpaid 3rd/4th liner. Would anyone be interested in a DD for Gaustad swap?

Smoky Thompson 10-11-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorinth (Post 72427137)
If we're going to trade DD it will have to be for another overpaid 3rd/4th liner. Would anyone be interested in a DD for Gaustad swap?

Wouldn't mind gaining a full foot down the middle :sarcasm:

PricePkPatch 10-11-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic (Post 72426889)
It's going to cost Pacioretty and the cost of reform will be Mrs. Galchenyuks home cooking.

So you think we could provide him a better growing environment?

.... wait, shouldn't we protect Miss Galchenyuk's honor?

Milhouse40 10-11-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorinth (Post 72427137)

Would do something around DD + White for Gaustad + 2nd round pick....
Save one year on the terms, + $950 000 this year.

Having a 6'5" center, with top skills in the face-off circle, very good on the PK..on th 4th line, would help more than DD on a bottom 6.

A 4th line build around Gaustad, Prust, Moen, Parros would a nice and really usefull 4th line.

Still....... not the best option

Lshap 10-11-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson (Post 72427841)
Wouldn't mind gaining a full foot down the middle :sarcasm:

Okay, am I the only one hearing an incoming "That's what she said" joke?

vokiel 10-11-2013 06:12 PM

I'd be all for a DD for Gaustad swap, except there's no way in hell the Preds ever do this.

Agnostic 10-11-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PricePkPatch (Post 72427917)
So you think we could provide him a better growing environment?

.... wait, shouldn't we protect Miss Galchenyuk's honor?

Didn't Yakupov live with the Galchenyuks for a while in Sarnia? Her cooking has already been sampled.

Better growing environment, who knows. But I don't like changing our mix and carving out a big piece of our team for a "maybe".

BigDaddyLurch 10-11-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vokiel (Post 72429949)
I'd be all for a DD for Gaustad swap, except there's no way in hell the Preds ever do this.

To get rid of Desharnais, I think we'd take just an old sweaty Gaustad jersey. :laugh:

Rick16 10-11-2013 07:47 PM

I'd trade Desharnais for one of Clifford, Dorsett, Boll or Nolan, but I don't know if it can be done.

Pacman-Plecky-Gionta
Galchy-Eller-Gally
Bourque-Brière-Prust
Clifford/Boll/Dorsett/Nolan-Bournival-Moen

Habs88 10-12-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick16 (Post 72436543)
I'd trade Desharnais for one of Clifford, Dorsett, Boll or Nolan, but I don't know if it can be done.

Pacman-Plecky-Gionta
Galchy-Eller-Gally
Bourque-Brière-Prust
Clifford/Boll/Dorsett/Nolan-Bournival-Moen

I'm on bored for Jordan Nolan I think he's going to be a good hockey player and would flourish in Montreal. But LA won't get rid of him especially for dd, we would have to give a prospect and maybe a low draft pick. But at this point I would take a seventh rounder from any team willing to take him off our hands. And that's saying a lot from me I was one of the people saying lets be patient with him, it's like he's lost his drive he used to fight for those pucks in the corner and actually win his battles but the last year and a half I haven't seen him win one or even really try.

Habs88 10-12-2013 12:23 PM

It's very simple I want Simmonds so bad. We need Simmonds and I am willing to give up a first rounder for him, maybe if we all pray Philly will still have trouble winning and scoring and they give him to us. I believe if we can replace Gio with Simmonds we could have a really good team.

I'm not a gio hater it's just his contract Is up at the end of the year and Simmonds would just look great there.

Andy 10-12-2013 12:40 PM

I really believe that no team will be willing to trade anything for Desharnais right now. I don't remember if it was McGuire, McKenzie, Lebrun or Dreger, but I remember one of them saying on TSN690 that Desharnais has 0 value and is untradable after the extension.

Team_Spirit 10-12-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 72465007)
I really believe that no team will be willing to trade anything for Desharnais right now. I don't remember if it was McGuire, McKenzie, Lebrun or Dreger, but I remember one of them saying on TSN690 that Desharnais has 0 value and is untradable after the extension.

He would clear waiver, post a poll on the main board if you want proof.

:ahl:

PricePkPatch 10-12-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs88 (Post 72464413)
It's very simple I want Simmonds so bad. We need Simmonds and I am willing to give up a first rounder for him, maybe if we all pray Philly will still have trouble winning and scoring and they give him to us. I believe if we can replace Gio with Simmonds we could have a really good team.

I'm not a gio hater it's just his contract Is up at the end of the year and Simmonds would just look great there.

Trading a highish pick for Simmonds would go against Bergevin's declared philosophy of building throught the draft.

Habs88 10-12-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PricePkPatch (Post 72467475)
Trading a highish pick for Simmonds would go against Bergevin's declared philosophy of building throught the draft.

I know and I agree with bergy. But Simmonds is one of the only guys I would trade a draft pick for because he's relatively young and he brings exactly what this team needs.

You know your a mean poster you just shattered my dream of acquiring simmonds. Lol just being sorcastic.

PricePkPatch 10-12-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs88 (Post 72467653)
I know and I agree with bergy. But Simmonds is one of the only guys I would trade a draft pick for because he's relatively young and he brings exactly what this team needs.

You know your a mean poster you just shattered my dream of acquiring simmonds. Lol just being sorcastic.

Being Socratic?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The Socratic method (also known as method of elenchus, elenctic method, or Socratic debate), named after the classical Greek philosopher Socrates, is a form of inquiry and discussion between individuals, based on asking and answering questions to stimulate critical thinking and to illuminate ideas

Well, damn it. You learn something everyday. I like your methods :D

Seriously, tho. I am on the same boat as you. Just look at the previous Trade Proposal thread. I was probably the greatest arguer in favour of acquiring Simmonds. He would be AWESOME on our top-6.

Habs88 10-12-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PricePkPatch (Post 72467907)
Being Socratic?

Seriously, tho. I am on the same boat as you. Just look at the previous Trade Proposal thread. I was probably the greatest arguer in favour of acquiring Simmonds. He would be AWESOME on our top-6.

Love the Wikipedia definition. I put my trust in bergy and just hope one day I can say with a tear in my eye while the Habs are skating around the ice with the 25 cup, I put my faith in the right guy.

IN BERGEVIN WE TRUST

rockjngo 10-12-2013 02:03 PM

desharnais right now is worth a 5th round pick.

CanadienShark 10-12-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PricePkPatch (Post 72467907)
Being Socratic?

Perhaps you're joking, but I think he meant sarcastic.

PricePkPatch 10-12-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadienShark (Post 72468765)
Perhaps you're joking, but I think he meant sarcastic.

;);)

JohnLennon 10-12-2013 02:12 PM

There is no way a team would trade for Desharnais at this point in time.

CanadienShark 10-12-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PricePkPatch (Post 72468927)
;);)

****... I guess this would be the right time for a *whoosh* right over my head.

LLoyd Christmas I 10-12-2013 02:15 PM

The only place that might be willing to accept Desharnais at this point is the press box.