HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   If the Islanders buy out Yashin... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=151478)

Haik 07-15-2005 12:02 PM

If the Islanders buy out Yashin...
 
..would it be such a bad idea to sign him?

I think Yashin is still capable of playing at point-per-game pace. There arn't too many #1 centers available out there so if we manage to sign Yashin for around $3 mill. Plus another RW (Palffy, Kovalev) I think we would have a dangerous top line.

Frolov-Yashin-Palffy

guzmania 07-15-2005 12:06 PM

Won't happen, the Isles owe him 44 million and so he would get an over 30 million dollar payday. They are going to have to suffer through for a couple of years at top salary.

Old Hickory 07-15-2005 12:21 PM

No

Albi 07-15-2005 12:56 PM

NO

jfont 07-15-2005 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albi
NO

i would not touch yashin with a 5000 foot pole...hamrlik on the other hand...

Reaper45 07-15-2005 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfont
i would not touch yashin with a 5000 foot pole...hamrlik on the other hand...

Why? The man is/was a 60-90 point player, he's definately a #1 center that we desperately lack. I sure as well wouldn't pay him anything close to 10 million, but the dude would be a 80 point guy with Frolov on his wing.

mysteryman 07-15-2005 03:54 PM

Im not sure theres a bigger clubhouser cancer then Yashin....he makes Lindros looks like Messier.

On another note....Shima Shima Badu Badula.

Captain Ron 07-15-2005 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mysteryman
On another note....Shima Shima Badu Badula.


:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

mysteryman 07-15-2005 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongebob
:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Exactly! Nice post.

Beauty, eh? 07-15-2005 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haik
If the Islanders buy out Yashin...

No. Hell no.

nikolai19 07-15-2005 05:03 PM

No Yashin please.

However, I agree with Reaper, I would welcome Hamrlik here with open arms. He would be a fantastic pairing with Visnovsky. Great PP player as well.

jfont 07-15-2005 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikolai19
No Yashin please.

However, I agree with Reaper, I would welcome Hamrlik here with open arms. He would be a fantastic pairing with Visnovsky. Great PP player as well.

ahem!

Albi 07-15-2005 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfont
ahem!

Hamrlik or Aucoin...and I'll be VERY happy

blitzkriegs 07-15-2005 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mysteryman
Im not sure theres a bigger clubhouser cancer then Yashin.....

Want to substantiate that claim?

Reaper45 07-15-2005 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitzkriegs
Want to substantiate that claim?

I was going to ask the same thing.
So he held out, and pissed off Senator fans. Jason Allison did the same thing for 2 different teams, and yet his rep isn't as bad as Yashin's. I don't get it. I think Yashin's salary is what makes a lot of people dislike him, but if you were offered that much you'd take it in a heartbeat. Some people just seem to have an anti Yashin bias....

Face Wash 07-15-2005 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfont
ahem!

Wow... Jesus.....dissed!!! :p:

Face Wash 07-15-2005 09:18 PM

C'mon... Clearly it's because he won't share Carol with anyone... it's all Jealousy I tell you. :)

Legionnaire 07-15-2005 10:06 PM

I'd love to see it. He and Frolov had some really great chemistry at the WC.

Reaper45 07-15-2005 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire
I'd love to see it. He and Frolov had some really great chemistry at the WC.

Glad I'm not the only one.

blitzkriegs 07-15-2005 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
Glad I'm not the only one.

Actually, I proposed this scenario the several days ago on the NYI board when we were throwing around the infamous "HF Yashin buyout."

Here's the scenario:

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=150504&page=4

Here's a little scenario:

NYI buyout Yashin and can't resign him. MM uses that money to obtain other players, but obtains components that do not create chemistry because during his entire tenure he has yet to do that.

LA Kings flop on the UFA market and need a marque player and play Angelos style (that's some other team is paying his salary, i get 'x' star player for cheap). LA signs Yashin at an affordable rate b/c NYI are paying his salary off cap. Yashin plays w/Frolov to form a dynamic duo...

And Palffy is NOT resigned unless he comes back to Earth...

Reaper45 07-15-2005 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitzkriegs
Actually, I proposed this scenario the several days ago on the NYI board when we were throwing around the infamous "HF Yashin buyout."

Here's the scenario:

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=150504&page=4

Here's a little scenario:

NYI buyout Yashin and can't resign him. MM uses that money to obtain other players, but obtains components that do not create chemistry because during his entire tenure he has yet to do that.

LA Kings flop on the UFA market and need a marque player and play Angelos style (that's some other team is paying his salary, i get 'x' star player for cheap). LA signs Yashin at an affordable rate b/c NYI are paying his salary off cap. Yashin plays w/Frolov to form a dynamic duo...

And Palffy is NOT resigned unless he comes back to Earth...

Two things I just dont see happening, is the Kings flopping in the UFA market, and the Isles buying out Yashin. Although I'd love to see him as our #1 center.

blitzkriegs 07-15-2005 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
I was going to ask the same thing.
So he held out, and pissed off Senator fans. Jason Allison did the same thing for 2 different teams, and yet his rep isn't as bad as Yashin's. I don't get it. I think Yashin's salary is what makes a lot of people dislike him, but if you were offered that much you'd take it in a heartbeat. Some people just seem to have an anti Yashin bias....

...yes, but he was a contracted player...over-and-over again. People take this stuff waaaaaay to personal. Doesn't help he did it in a Canadian city and really did not produce when it counted in OTT. But, whatever. His salary/length of contract were/are absurd done by OWNERSHIP on Milbury's watch.

Yash had a minor gripe that he was being dumped to the 4th line 2 seasons ago & there was some speculation (later quashed) that players had issues with salary vs. performance in that season.

That's it.

blitzkriegs 07-15-2005 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
Two things I just dont see happening, is the Kings flopping in the UFA market, and the Isles buying out Yashin. Although I'd love to see him as our #1 center.

What the Kings will do is a mystery this offseason. Most teams have cap space and spots to fill. It may end being a race to sign & seal everyone. Remember, it's about 5 weeks to do all this.

Solving the Palffy salary riddle should be very interesting...

Legionnaire 07-15-2005 11:27 PM

Frolov-Yashin-Brown

xxxxx-Conroy-Cammalleri

Robitaille-Armstrong-Klatt

Cowan-Avery-Kostopoulus

Norstrom-Gleason

Miller-Visnovsky

xxxxx-xxxxxx

G xxxxxxx

Garon.

Now to me that offense looks a hell of a lot better than what we almost made the playoffs with.

jfont 07-16-2005 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
Why? The man is/was a 60-90 point player, he's definately a #1 center that we desperately lack. I sure as well wouldn't pay him anything close to 10 million, but the dude would be a 80 point guy with Frolov on his wing.

he was a 90 point player...his last year in ottawa, he had almost 90 points. but after that, his numbers have been declining the last 3 years with the islanders. point total is 75, 65 and 34 (ok, only 47 games played). his plus/minus in the island has never gone above 0...he was put in the fourth line for some reason...imagine that, $7.5 mil a year and you're on the fourth line!

i'm just getting a negative vibe from the guy. maybe he's soft and wants to protect himself from injuries (and keep cashing that paycheck) and still have his looks for his model wife? i don't know but all the vibe i get is that its not going to be a good fit with andy murray...no motivation?

edit: changed yashin salary because of the rollback...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.