HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Oct 12: McGinn and Raffl recalled; Oct 25: McGinn sent to Adirondack (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1515167)

MiamiScreamingEagles 10-12-2013 10:26 AM

Oct 12: McGinn and Raffl recalled; Oct 25: McGinn sent to Adirondack
 
Tye McGinn: http://flyers.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8475775

Michael Raffl: http://www.phantomshockey.com/Pages/Team/Roster.asp#


http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=686429

Quote:

The Philadelphia Flyers have recalled 6-0, 190-lb LW Michal Raffl and 6-2, 205-lb LW Tye McGinn from their American Hockey League affiliate, the Adirondack Phantoms, according to general manager Paul Holmgren. Both players will be available for the Flyers’ game tonight at Detroit, with Raffl wearing #12 and McGinn wearing #15.


Raffl would be making his NHL debut tonight if he appears in the game. He has established himself as one of the Phantoms’ three leading scorers over the first two games of the year, recording a goal and two assists in the two contests. Raffl appeared in four preseason games for the Flyers, going scoreless while recording four shots and a -1 rating. The 24-year-old native of Villach, Austria signed with the Flyers as a free agent in May.


McGinn, 23, has scored one goal over the team’s first two games. He appeared in 18 games for the Flyers last season, recording three goals and two assists for five points, while posting 14 goals and 12 assists for 26 points in 46 games for Adirondack. He was selected by the Flyers in the fourth round (119th overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.

FlyersFan61290 10-12-2013 10:58 AM

Glad Raffle is getting another shot, he's played well in ADK.

McGinn, I'm not very high on. Especially recently, he had a poor second half of last year and preseason. He's been OK in ADK but I think there are better options down there. Still don't understand why they don't call up three. Newbury and Rosehill shouldn't be in the everyday lineup.

dats81 10-12-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 (Post 72461565)
Glad Raffle is getting another shot, he's played well in ADK.

McGinn, I'm not very high on. Especially recently, he had a poor second half of last year and preseason. He's been OK in ADK but I think there are better options down there. Still don't understand why they don't call up three. Newbury and Rosehill shouldn't be in the everyday lineup.

Berube is the headcoach now - better get used to Rosehill playing almost every night for the rest of the season :(

Striiker 10-12-2013 11:33 AM

So the team isn't fast enough but we're going to call up McGinn instead of someone who knows how to skate and score like Straka, Cousins, or Akeson? I'm glad Raffl is being given a chance but I don't like McGinn like most people do. He's just slow and can't really do much with the puck, I'm very unimpressed.

flyershockey 10-12-2013 11:36 AM

No offensive creativity right now... Bring up two guys like every other winger on the roster. This team needs a Cousins/Akeson player more than it needs a McGinn/Raffl type.

GoneFullHextall 10-12-2013 12:15 PM

surprised they didnt call up superstar Jason Akeson

EDIT: in all seriousness not sure why Mcginn is getting called up. he did nothing in preseason. so another words he will fit right in with this group of forwards.

FlyersFan61290 10-12-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dats81 (Post 72462337)
Berube is the headcoach now - better get used to Rosehill playing almost every night for the rest of the season :(

Sadly I'm starting to come to terms with that.

bauer 10-12-2013 12:53 PM

i'm cool with Raffl getting a shot, but McGinn over Laughton and Cousins? why does this organization hate Cousins so much? :rant:

GoneFullHextall 10-12-2013 12:54 PM

Laughton cant be recalled.

I would leave Cousins in the AHL. He needs to stay and learn the pro game.

dingbathero 10-12-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 (Post 72464151)
Sadly I'm starting to come to terms with that.

better than shelley playing tho, right?

UKFlyers 10-12-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Striiker (Post 72462693)
So the team isn't fast enough but we're going to call up McGinn instead of someone who knows how to skate and score like Straka, Cousins, or Akeson? I'm glad Raffl is being given a chance but I don't like McGinn like most people do. He's just slow and can't really do much with the puck, I'm very unimpressed.

Cousins isn't going to give you speed. His skating could be an area that's holding him back. I'm not sure he's ready.

I can understand bringing up McGinn. He has some NHL experience, and I think you know what you're going to get with him. It would be a bigger risk to bring up someone like Straka.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren (Post 72464103)
surprised they didnt call up superstar Jason Akeson

EDIT: in all seriousness not sure why Mcginn is getting called up. he did nothing in preseason. so another words he will fit right in with this group of forwards.

They were all like that. No one really set the world alight. It's hardly like there's someone else who's been playing out of their skin and should be called up instead

captainpaxil 10-12-2013 01:15 PM

ive been honestly surprised with raffls hot start. well see how it translates. curious to see how chief shuffles the lines

RoDu 10-12-2013 01:56 PM

I want a goal from Raffl, the Rafflcopter is easy to pass up

FlyerFire 10-12-2013 02:09 PM

What about Vande Velde? Weren't they high on him as well, perhaps even cracking the roster?

sa cyred 10-12-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyerFire (Post 72468967)
What about Vande Velde? Weren't they high on him as well, perhaps even cracking the roster?

He is a center who is just good defensively. Way to many of those.

Raffl is a good choice. He is dominating the AHL so far (only 2 gams but best player on the ice for both).

McGinn seems like a pure Homer callup based off of last season. Hasnt done too good even in the AHL so far. Akeson/Cousins/Straka would of been better choices

BestPlayerAvailable 10-12-2013 03:29 PM

I would have liked to see Akeson

DrinkFightFlyers 10-12-2013 03:57 PM

As expected. The only other real choices would have been Holmstrom (who is a center) and Akeson, who doesn't seem to be thought of by the coaching staff as he is around here.

I don't expect either of these guys to do anything during this call up. Wonder what the lines will look like (assuming both are playing).

Schenn-G-Voracek
Read-Couturier-Simmonds
Raffl-Talbot-McGinn
Rinaldo-Hall-Rosehill

or maybe

Read-G-Voracek
Raffl-Schenn-Simmonds
McGinn-Couturier-Talbot
Rinaldo-Hall-Rosehill

Either way...UGH

Alchemy 10-12-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa cyred (Post 72472551)
He is a center who is just good defensively. Way to many of those.

Raffl is a good choice. He is dominating the AHL so far (only 2 gams but best player on the ice for both).

McGinn seems like a pure Homer callup based off of last season. Hasnt done too good even in the AHL so far. Akeson/Cousins/Straka would of been better choices

Those three you named aren't NHL ready. Sure they have some offensive flair but their games aren't complete enough to be callups right now. It's good they get top minutes in the AHL to continue to develop. McGinn is just the safe callup who replaces Hartnell(both have similar games).

FLYERSFAN18 10-12-2013 04:07 PM

I would go

Read-Giroux-Simmonds
McGinn-schenn-Voracek
Talbot-couturier-raffl
Rosehill-hall-rinaldo

GoneFullHextall 10-13-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyerFire (Post 72468967)
What about Vande Velde? Weren't they high on him as well, perhaps even cracking the roster?

i thought he had a AHL only contract.

good on Mcginn getting on the board tonight. Hopefully he plays well and makes the decision hard on some folks when we get Vinny and Hartnell back.

Curufinwe 10-13-2013 08:06 AM

That wasn't an easy backhand he scored on. I'd the says the odds of Hartnell converting that chance in his current form were slim.

FlyersFanz 10-14-2013 11:57 AM

Glad to see McGinn get a goal, show them millionaires how its done.

flyersfan28 10-14-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curufinwe (Post 72528207)
That wasn't an easy backhand he scored on. I'd the says the odds of Hartnell converting that chance in his current form were slim.

yeah i agree not a easy goal he score and mcginn win alot of battle for puck

Larry44 10-15-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersfan28 (Post 72586873)
yeah i agree not a easy goal he score and mcginn win alot of battle for puck

McGinn skates as lot better than he gets credit for, and he has better hands too. That was a very skilled play.

Raffl just looked like an NHL player to me. His speed was noticeable and so was his compete level.

The other thing about that game was how great Brayden Schenn looked at C again. I'm rethinking whether it's wise to make a LW out of him when he played so well down the stretch last year at C and then again vs. Detroit.

Codith 10-15-2013 09:23 AM

Mcginn looks good


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.