HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Who will be invited to camp? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=151517)

Diesel 07-15-2005 02:32 PM

Who will be invited to camp?

Umberger definitely. I also think the Flyers would be wise to invite Ruzicka, and I think that Potulny will be there as well. There may be other invitees, but those are the only three forwards that I think might have a realistic shot at making the team (only room for one of them). Umberger will probably get the nod here, though. Defensemen, maybe Freddy Meyer and Randy Jones? I don't see either making the squad. I'm assuming Seidenberg is in, though.

GagneScores12 07-15-2005 02:41 PM

I think Potulny will lose his college status if he goes to camp though. It's not in his best interest to go to the camp anyways. Ruzicka will be there because he doesn't have anything to lose. I think you'll see the majority of the junior players there. Anyone with college eligibility though probably won't be there.

Diesel 07-15-2005 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GagneScores12
I think Potulny will lose his college status if he goes to camp though. It's not in his best interest to go to the camp anyways. Ruzicka will be there because he doesn't have anything to lose. I think you'll see the majority of the junior players there. Anyone with college eligibility though probably won't be there.

I disagree. I don't think Potulny plans on being back at Minnesota next year anyway, although I could be wrong. I think he will most likely play for the Phantoms next year. There will be first line minutes for him there, with Carter, Richards, Sharp, and possibly Umberger all moving up to the Flyers. Also, he chose not to redshirt last season which leads me to believe that he isn't planing on using all of his college eligability anyway. Whoever our 1st round ends up being (especially if its a really good one) will probably be there as well. Here's hoping for a top 5. :yo:

iceman42 07-15-2005 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel
I disagree. I don't think Potulny plans on being back at Minnesota next year anyway, although I could be wrong. I think he will most likely play for the Phantoms next year. There will be first line minutes for him there, with Carter, Richards, Sharp, and possibly Umberger all moving up to the Flyers. Also, he chose not to redshirt last season which leads me to believe that he isn't planing on using all of his college eligability anyway. Whoever our 1st round ends up being (especially if its a really good one) will probably be there as well. Here's hoping for a top 5. :yo:

I hear ya. :yo:

When is the lottery supposed to be held, is that on the 21st?

Diesel 07-15-2005 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceman42
I hear ya. :yo:

When is the lottery supposed to be held, is that on the 21st?

The lottery will be held on the 21st, draft on the 30th.

kalehr 07-15-2005 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel
I disagree. I don't think Potulny plans on being back at Minnesota next year anyway, although I could be wrong. I think he will most likely play for the Phantoms next year. There will be first line minutes for him there, with Carter, Richards, Sharp, and possibly Umberger all moving up to the Flyers. Also, he chose not to redshirt last season which leads me to believe that he isn't planing on using all of his college eligability anyway.

As a diehard Gopher fan, that's totally news to me, there has been absolutely no indication that he is even thinking of not returning next year. He chose not to redshirt more because he wanted to play with his brother than anything else. The thinking around here is that if Ryan does leave college early to go pro (which is a distinct possibility), it'll most likely be before his senior year (next year), not this year. He already is an integral part of the Gophers' lineup, and with a full year of college hockey under his belt and the talent the Gophers are bringing in next year, he has a good chance to put up some really good numbers this year, IMHO.