HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Confirmed Signing with Link: Phoenix signs Jeff Halpern to a 1 year, two-way contract (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1515361)

IPreferPi 10-12-2013 05:07 PM

Phoenix signs Jeff Halpern to a 1 year, two-way contract
 
https://twitter.com/azc_mclellan/sta...48962889809920

From AZ Republic beat reporter Sarah McLellan

Quote:

Sarah McLellan @azc_mclellan
#Coyotes announce they've signed forward Jeff Halpern to a one-year, two-way contract.

Sarah McLellan @azc_mclellan
Halpern split last season the New York Rangers and Montreal Canadiens. He's a veteran (37 years old) of 13 NHL seasons.

BeSeeingYouSeattle 10-12-2013 05:18 PM

To the AHL he goes.

Systemfel 10-12-2013 05:20 PM

Do you American fans get excited when an NHL star like Jeff Halpern signs with your team?

sully1410 10-12-2013 05:21 PM

He was on my team in NHL 06 and he led the league in scoring.

SB164 10-12-2013 05:28 PM

Jeff Halpern has always seemed like a classy guy, good for him.

sharks9 10-12-2013 05:30 PM

Good for him! I always liked him

BeSeeingYouSeattle 10-12-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Systemfel (Post 72477245)
Do you American fans get excited when an NHL star like Jeff Halpern signs with your team?

The expectations were the playoffs; with Halpern? Dynasty or bust.

TheOllieC 10-12-2013 05:33 PM

Lol nice. Good for him

IPreferPi 10-12-2013 05:35 PM

I want to say this is additional bottom 6 depth in order to keep Ribs at wing with Hanzal and Vrbata. At the very least, Halpern has been consistently very good at faceoffs in his career.

Colorado Avalanche 10-12-2013 05:48 PM

He played well in Finland. GL to Phoenix! :yo::handclap:

BLNY 10-12-2013 06:01 PM

Still very good in the faceoff circle. Still a solid PK guy. Very capable 4th line center.

OT OEL 10-12-2013 06:01 PM

potential 4th liner with the Yotes but most likely AHL bound

Psycho Papa Joe 10-12-2013 06:05 PM

Hasn't been the same since some bruin blindsided him an he got a concussion. Was a solid 3rd line center then.

JayKing 10-12-2013 07:04 PM

This made me happy :handclap::handclap::handclap:

Great guy. Works hard and plays the game the right way.

fallsviewafro* 10-12-2013 08:07 PM

I will always remember the Habs RDS guys saying his name.

et... Jeff 'alPERN! Et le but!

Captain Smurf 10-12-2013 08:54 PM

Can't believe he couldn't find a job, was very solid as a 4th line center for the Habs. Great depth signing.

robsenz 10-12-2013 08:56 PM

Halpern was a God in NHL 2006...thought he retired for some reason..

donghabs98 10-12-2013 08:58 PM

Great depth signing. He's a great guy to have in the locker-room

DragRiver2 10-12-2013 09:26 PM

He played well for the Habs, I'm surprised it took him this long to find a job.

rt 10-12-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donghabs98 (Post 72500811)
Great depth signing. He's a great guy to have in the locker-room

In Portland.

uncleben85 10-12-2013 11:20 PM

I understand they like his faceoff work, but Brule and Lats would have been better depth signings.

rt 10-13-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncleben85 (Post 72517991)
I understand they like his faceoff work, but Brule and Lats would have been better depth signings.

We signed Brule to a minor league deal. Latendresse must have shown up with some huge red flags in order to have been cut. He was productive in pre season and seemingly a no brainer fit. He still manged to get himself cut. That's on him. He blew it. Now he's in Europe pending early retirement. Again, that's where he's put himself.

CC96 10-13-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncleben85 (Post 72517991)
I understand they like his faceoff work, but Brule and Lats would have been better depth signings.

We actually just signed Brule to a try-out with Portland in the last day or two. My expectation is that he will sign a 2-way deal with Phoenix very soon.

uncleben85 10-13-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 72521527)
We signed Brule to a minor league deal. Latendresse must have shown up with some huge red flags in order to have been cut. He was productive in pre season and seemingly a no brainer fit. He still manged to get himself cut. That's on him. He blew it. Now he's in Europe pending early retirement. Again, that's where he's put himself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC96 (Post 72521549)
We actually just signed Brule to a try-out with Portland in the last day or two. My expectation is that he will sign a 2-way deal with Phoenix very soon.

Idk how far that is to say about Lats. My understanding was management was just impressed by youth.

I hope Brule gets an NHL deal out of this.
Halpern with the AHL deal, and Brule being shuttled up and down makes more sense to me.

Zirakzigil 10-13-2013 12:53 AM

Good depth move for them.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.