HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Staple tweets, Moulson on the third line in practice (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1516397)

Darth Milbury 10-14-2013 10:03 AM

Staple tweets, Moulson on the third line in practice

Grabner has easily been the Isles best forward in the early going. He works great with Nielsen, but islanders may be preparing to give him a more prominent role. Staple is tweeting that Grabner is on Tavares' line in practice, with Nelson moved up to the second line and Moulson on the third.

Maybe just a shake up in practice, and a thin basis for conclusions. But, could also mean something.

And, yeah,I know this is the 2nd Moulson thread in a few days. New info though. Thought it would be fun basis for conversation that is speculative in nature.

Riseonfire 10-14-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury (Post 72578649)
Grabner has easily been the Isles best forward in the early going. He works great with Nielsen, but islanders may be preparing to give him a more prominent role. Staple is tweeting that Grabner is on Tavares' line in practice, with Nelson moved up to the second line and Moulson on the third.

Maybe just a shake up in practice, and a thin basis for conclusions. But, could also mean something.

And, yeah,I know this is the 2nd Moulson thread in a few days. New info though. Thought it would be fun basis for conversation that is speculative in nature.

Most important part of that post.

Richie Daggers Crime 10-14-2013 10:09 AM

So, this means he's going to be traded? What's this have to do with trades?

jbell886 10-14-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury (Post 72578649)

has moulson played badly this year or is it just everyone else is playing amazingly

blinkman360 10-14-2013 10:11 AM

Maybe it's a wake up call. Doubt they would trade him during a season in which they intend on competing, even if they have no intention of re-signing him.

jeromeo87 10-14-2013 10:13 AM

Tim Gleason for Matt Moulson?

Analyzer* 10-14-2013 10:14 AM

David Desharnais has been moved down. I'm hoping...

Darth Milbury 10-14-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime (Post 72578803)
So, this means h? o be traded? What's this have to do with trades?

Did you miss the part what I said it probably meant nothing but could be a fun basis for speculation? Last time I checked, that is what this forum is about.

And, yes, if Grabs sticks, it could make a trade more likely (imo) .

KarlssonnSchultz 10-14-2013 10:15 AM

Isles fans always use the "Moulson sucks" excuse for Tavares, so I can't wait to see how this all goes down.

Darth Milbury 10-14-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeromeo87 (Post 72578929)
Tim Gleason for Matt Moulson?

Done. Fire up the fax.

Darth Milbury 10-14-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 72578965)
David Desharnais has been moved down. I'm hoping...

Irrelevant since he is a player the islanders would never want.

Darth Milbury 10-14-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I trust Gary Bettman (Post 72578811)
has moulson played badly this year or is it just everyone else is playing amazingly

Neither, really. Probably just a shakeup in practice.

Grabner and Nelson have both been fab though.

Richie Daggers Crime 10-14-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury (Post 72578979)
Did you miss the part what I said it probably meant nothing but could be a fun basis for speculation? Last time I checked, that is what this forum is about. .

Oh, okay. Well, I'm just thinking that if every time some dude got moved up or down a line there was a thread in the Trades forum, this place would be overflowing.

Darth Milbury 10-14-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime (Post 72579625)
Oh, okay. Well, I'm just thinking that if every time some dude got moved up or down a line there was a thread in the Trades forum, this place would be overflowing.

1) isles have some serious holes - particularly on defense 2) quite a few teams need scoring 3) Moulson in a contract year 4) Isles want to compete immediately 4) Isles may be flirting with Grabner in a larger role. 5) if Isles want to make a move, they really have few trade chips other than Moulson. 6) isles have young forwards they need to work in.

I think there are multiple lines of evidence suggesting a trade is possible.

CREW99AW 10-14-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury (Post 72579127)
Neither, really. Probably just a shakeup in practice.

Grabner and Nelson have both been fab though.

I think Moulson has been pretty invisible. He has something like 1 pt in five games.

Bouchard is another one who is disappointing. One sog and zero pts so far.

I had high expectations for Moulson since this is a contract yr.

CREW99AW 10-14-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlssonnSchultz (Post 72578985)
Isles fans always use the "Moulson sucks" excuse for Tavares, so I can't wait to see how this all goes down.

What excuse? Moulson/Tavares have been a very strong offensive duo.

Moulson is not strong defensively and isn't gonna battle along the boards for loose pucks.

He has 1 pt in 5 games. If he is not putting up pts, he adds nothing to Tavares line.

SLAPSHOT723 10-14-2013 11:07 AM

I just can't see him being traded. It would be kind of surprising if he's the odd man out but if he gets us a top-4 defenseman on a good contract I guess I can't be upset.

SpeakingOfTheDevils 10-14-2013 11:25 AM

How would you guys like an extended Mark Fayne?

SI90 10-14-2013 11:34 AM

Moulson wont be traded unless we are out of it at the deadline....

Also he just has not played well enough to stay on the top line....Grabner,Bailey,and Niesen have been our best players so far...

Also I know its a business and all but with the Snow and Wang operate I cant see them trading him right after his wife gave birth....

CREW99AW 10-14-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PADevil3034 (Post 72581741)

No interest in helping NJ right its ship.

Darth Milbury 10-14-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PADevil3034 (Post 72581741)

Isles and Devils don't make major deals with each other. They have hooked up for some small player movements, mainly involving small $ exchanges (like Rolston) and a few darft pick movements, but that is about it.

So, I don't see a #1 winger getting moved from the Island to NJ.

Marshal Rochambeau 10-14-2013 01:04 PM

Moulson for Lack

Benedict Kovalchuk 10-14-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seto (Post 72586397)
Moulson for Lack

Not interested, we have own goalie projects to work on.

19NYSports91 10-14-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Seriously you need to watch Isles games if you think he's a very good player. The guy is so useless it's crazy. Moulson can't carry the puck up the ice, doesn't win puck battles along the boards, is a defensive liability, can't cycle the puck. I NEVER saw him get past a defenseman with a move or using speed to get by them. What first line player can't get by a dman? He stays in front of the net, not moving his feet and doesn't get open. When Okposo/Tavares has the puck along the boards he doesn't give them support at all.

The thing he is useful at is putting the puck in the net and is good on the PP. He has 1 goal this year, and last year he had 1 ES goal in a 30 game stretch.

blinkman360 10-14-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

..kind of like when people(like yourself, I'm sure) pump Moulson up to help their "Tavares is overrated" argument, only to turn around and offer up a 3rd or some mediocre prospect for him in trade proposals.

It goes both ways.