HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Orszagh undergoes second surgery on injured knee (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=151690)

Joe T Choker 07-16-2005 02:26 PM

Orszagh undergoes second surgery on injured knee

Needless to say Upshall will be playing with the big club in his absence; but if he's not ready, throw out some UFA names we can get that are in his mold

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....32/1328/SPORTS

12# Peter Bondra 07-16-2005 02:39 PM

Knee injuries are bad.

I saw the play which injured his knee. It was a basic hit on the boards, you see undreds of those every game and then he just fell and couldnt skate for a while. A weird injury.

Pred303 07-16-2005 04:21 PM

personally i'm all for giving upshall a shot at orszagh's position,i actually think he'd produce higher numbers

Pattypred 07-17-2005 07:17 AM

It kills me to say this, but as much as I love to watch Vladdy on the ice, I think we've got his replacement in Milwaukee.

IF Vladdy can't rehab quickly, I totally agree with Pred303, let Upshall have his chance.

predperson 07-17-2005 09:43 AM

I don't think there is any way he would be ready to go before Dec/Jan with that injury anyway.

Pattypred 07-17-2005 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predperson
I don't think there is any way he would be ready to go before Dec/Jan with that injury anyway.

With your nursing background and that comment, then I don't think David Poile will offer Vladdy a contract.

I wish him well but I want what's BEST for our team.

Predzone 07-17-2005 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12# Peter Bondra
Knee injuries are bad.

I saw the play which injured his knee. It was a basic hit on the boards, you see undreds of those every game and then he just fell and couldnt skate for a while. A weird injury.

I agree. I like Upshall, and would love to see him get a full shot at it.

predperson 07-17-2005 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pattypred
With your nursing background and that comment, then I don't think David Poile will offer Vladdy a contract.

I wish him well but I want what's BEST for our team.

I was kind of hoping to hear Handtrick's take on it all (orthopedics is not my specialty :help: ) but I have known a lot of athletes with that type of injury and they are out a long time.

predperson 07-17-2005 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predzone
I agree. I like Upshall, and would love to see him get a full shot at it.

Me too.

Hey Predzone....just visited your website (http://clix.to/predzone) and read your webmaster column of Wednesday, July 13th 2005
12:30 PM titled "Hockey in the South - A change of perspectives"---great stuff :yo: :yo: :yo:
I'm excited that you "get it". It's good to have you here!!! :clap:

golfmade 07-17-2005 03:43 PM

Terrible news indeed, Orszagh is one of my favorite players. But on the other hand Upshall will get to show what he's made of. Best of luck to Vladdy and getting over the injury.

barrytrotzsneck 07-17-2005 09:55 PM

I'm bummed, but not devastated about this...but let's not get ahead of ourselves with Upshall.

The kid's not exactly what you'd call "durable" himself.

belle 07-17-2005 10:01 PM

Orszagh recently asked the organization for team doctors to examine the knee.

I find that interesting. What was his motivation? Did he or his agent know "Orszagh's knee injury has Predators wary"?

handtrick 07-17-2005 10:54 PM

I find it very interesting that they rescoped his knee appx 2 months after his initial operation. The article said he had "an ACL / MCL" and said nothing about his meniscal cartilage. Usually ACL reconstruction takes about 7-9 months to fully rehab...so if he had the operation in May it would look like Dec to Feb at the earliest.

Two things scare me....1st it was done in Europe. Alot of advancement has occured in ACL recon in the past 10 years and the precision of the graft placement and the rehab protocol is key to successful outcome. The second is tha Orzagh said " that the just went in to clean it up a little"....that to me means he wasn't getting his motion back adequately at this point....which means either poor graft placement or poor rehab thus far.....neither are good for return in Dec to Feb.

At least they got a look inside and can make a decision with valid information instead of just guess work. If the graft was in good position and he was just stiff....the scope and debridement and the proper rehab protocol could make it ok in the long run.....my gut says Poile will look elsewhere for those 15 goals a year and gritty play.

predperson 07-18-2005 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handtrick
I find it very interesting that they rescoped his knee appx 2 months after his initial operation. The article said he had "an ACL / MCL" and said nothing about his meniscal cartilage. Usually ACL reconstruction takes about 7-9 months to fully rehab...so if he had the operation in May it would look like Dec to Feb at the earliest.

Two things scare me....1st it was done in Europe. Alot of advancement has occured in ACL recon in the past 10 years and the precision of the graft placement and the rehab protocol is key to successful outcome. The second is tha Orzagh said " that the just went in to clean it up a little"....that to me means he wasn't getting his motion back adequately at this point....which means either poor graft placement or poor rehab thus far.....neither are good for return in Dec to Feb.

At least they got a look inside and can make a decision with valid information instead of just guess work. If the graft was in good position and he was just stiff....the scope and debridement and the proper rehab protocol could make it ok in the long run.....my gut says Poile will look elsewhere for those 15 goals a year and gritty play.

thanks Handtrick.....good to get an expert's take on this.

Pred303 07-18-2005 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predperson
thanks Handtrick.....good to get an expert's take on this.

*cough cough*

handtrick 07-18-2005 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pred303
*cough cough*

You choking on a fried chicken bone or just take a deep drag on that Romeo y Julieta Excaliber again......

Pred303 07-18-2005 08:15 PM

ahh...an excaliber with some jack,good idea handtrick

handtrick 08-30-2005 07:38 PM

Orszagh Update

Poile was asked a question on the Predathon that gave insight into Orszagh's knee injury.

Just on recap, he had a knee injury [ACL / MCL] during the world cup....and had it operated on over in Slovakia. The knee wasn't rehabing well, and he had him come over and have the Pred docs scope the knee. He said, unfortunately that they did an operation over in Slovakia that they wouldn't have even done over here and that it had basically already failed. He basically couldn't have said anything worse to my ears than this. He implied that they did not re-reconstruct the knee again here, but basically let him continue his rehab and see what happens, but they couldn't extend him an offer.

That is all very unfortunate, and if the operation has truly failed and he has a unstable knee, his career is basically done unless he has another operation to stabilize it.....and then, it is very much still in question...how sad...I really like Vlady.

Joe T Choker 08-30-2005 07:44 PM

maybe Poile can offer him a job as an assistant scout for Europe (non-Russia)

Pred303 08-31-2005 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handtrick
Poile was asked a question on the Predathon that gave insight into Orszagh's knee injury.

Just on recap, he had a knee injury [ACL / MCL] during the world cup....and had it operated on over in Slovakia. The knee wasn't rehabing well, and he had him come over and have the Pred docs scope the knee. He said, unfortunately that they did an operation over in Slovakia that they wouldn't have even done over here and that it had basically already failed. He basically couldn't have said anything worse to my ears than this. He implied that they did not re-reconstruct the knee again here, but basically let him continue his rehab and see what happens, but they couldn't extend him an offer.

That is all very unfortunate, and if the operation has truly failed and he has a unstable knee, his career is basically done unless he has another operation to stabilize it.....and then, it is very much still in question...how sad...I really like Vlady.

i was afraid of this.. shame a solid player here,one any team would love to have for that third line role..

jstreet 08-31-2005 09:42 AM

I really hope his career isnt over.

but if it is, I am very glad that he will be remembered on Preds highlight reels for his playoff goal. That shouldnt die for a long long time.

Hustle Personified.

Gnashville 08-31-2005 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars
I am very glad that he will be remembered on Preds highlight reels for his playoff goal. That shouldnt die for a long long time.

Or his Hat trick

Fravashis 09-03-2005 11:58 PM

hmmmmm ... is his injury really that bad? I just traded for him in a fantasy pool of mine and i thought he would be back by January ... i really liked him as a player too, really to bad... he had alot going for him.