HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   This is what is ahead for the KINGS... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=151721)

Kingz4life 07-16-2005 05:33 PM

This is what is ahead for the KINGS...

It's going to be a crazy stretch now. The Lockout will officially be over on Thursday the 21st of July and that will also be the day that the 10 day period of buying out contracts will begin. It will also be the draft lottery day to see what the draft order will be like. The draft will be held on the 30th and the 10 day period will end on the 31st. Free agency will kick off on August 1.

First, I'm excited about seeing what position the Kings end up in for the draft, then I expect the Kings to remain quiet until the 29th because I don't think they will buy out any contracts. Then I expect us to have a great draft on the 30th and hopefully we will have a top 10 pick. Then the fun of free agency will start on August 1 and last about 5 weeks.

This is just a preview of what's most likely ahead of us Kings fans. (I got the information of the dates and everything from sites so it's not my fault if end ups being a little off.)

Go KINGS Go!!!

Capn Brown 07-16-2005 05:44 PM

My Spider Sense is tingling........

I foresee that the Kings will end up picking FOURTH in this draft. Time will tell whether or not I'm the next Nostrodamus!

Legionnaire 07-16-2005 08:04 PM

I'll say more like 24th. Ugh.

Reaper45 07-16-2005 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire
I'll say more like 24th. Ugh.

God I hope not.

Face Wash 07-17-2005 09:11 AM

Helene Elliott Confirms all this

Kingz4life 07-17-2005 06:31 PM

This is from ESPN.com and it is much more detailed and it's a little different. From July 23-31 the Kings need to buy out players they don't want, make qualifying offers to their restricted free agents, negotiate/sign with all their free agents, exercise options on their players, sign 2003 draft picks and make offers to their 2004 draft picks, and the draft will be conducted on the 30th. And I thought we weren't going to do much until the draft. LOL.

Saturday, July 23
Period for initiating compliance buyouts begins
Period to negotiate and sign 2003 draft picks begins
Period to extend qualifying offers begins
Period to negotiate with own club's restricted and unrestricted free agents begins

Thursday, July 28
Deadline to exercise club and player options for the 2005-06 season
Deadline to sign 2003 draft picks (if not signed, 2003 draftees will re-enter the 2005 draft)
Deadline to make required bona fide offers to 2004 draft picks

Friday, July 29
Deadline for initiating compliance buyouts

Saturday, July 30
Entry draft

Sunday, July 31
Deadline to extend qualifying offers

Monday, Aug. 1
Free-agent signing period begins