This is what is ahead for the KINGS...
It's going to be a crazy stretch now. The Lockout will officially be over on Thursday the 21st of July and that will also be the day that the 10 day period of buying out contracts will begin. It will also be the draft lottery day to see what the draft order will be like. The draft will be held on the 30th and the 10 day period will end on the 31st. Free agency will kick off on August 1.
First, I'm excited about seeing what position the Kings end up in for the draft, then I expect the Kings to remain quiet until the 29th because I don't think they will buy out any contracts. Then I expect us to have a great draft on the 30th and hopefully we will have a top 10 pick. Then the fun of free agency will start on August 1 and last about 5 weeks.
This is just a preview of what's most likely ahead of us Kings fans. (I got the information of the dates and everything from sites so it's not my fault if end ups being a little off.)
Go KINGS Go!!!
My Spider Sense is tingling........
I foresee that the Kings will end up picking FOURTH in this draft. Time will tell whether or not I'm the next Nostrodamus!
I'll say more like 24th. Ugh.
This is from ESPN.com and it is much more detailed and it's a little different. From July 23-31 the Kings need to buy out players they don't want, make qualifying offers to their restricted free agents, negotiate/sign with all their free agents, exercise options on their players, sign 2003 draft picks and make offers to their 2004 draft picks, and the draft will be conducted on the 30th. And I thought we weren't going to do much until the draft. LOL.
Saturday, July 23
• Period for initiating compliance buyouts begins
• Period to negotiate and sign 2003 draft picks begins
• Period to extend qualifying offers begins
• Period to negotiate with own club's restricted and unrestricted free agents begins
Thursday, July 28
• Deadline to exercise club and player options for the 2005-06 season
• Deadline to sign 2003 draft picks (if not signed, 2003 draftees will re-enter the 2005 draft)
• Deadline to make required bona fide offers to 2004 draft picks
Friday, July 29
• Deadline for initiating compliance buyouts
Saturday, July 30
• Entry draft
Sunday, July 31
• Deadline to extend qualifying offers
Monday, Aug. 1
• Free-agent signing period begins
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.|
vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.