HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Nash/Richards cojoined? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1517729)

DekeR 10-16-2013 07:40 AM

Nash/Richards cojoined?
 
Lets face it, the NYR's are not offensively gifted by any stretch of the imagination. If Nash has suddenly caught Lindrocitis that will seriously derail this NYR squad offensively. Losing Richards via buyout at the end of the season and short changing the NYR's further would be counter productive to a team that will be struggling offensively. It's possible that this buyout has just become more cloudy.
Thoughts?

Ail 10-16-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DekeR (Post 72703167)
It's possible that this buyout has just become more cloudy.
Thoughts?

No. Still getting bought out.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 10-16-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DekeR (Post 72703167)
Lets face it, the NYR's are not offensively gifted by any stretch of the imagination. If Nash has suddenly caught Lindrocitis that will seriously derail this NYR squad offensively. Losing Richards via buyout at the end of the season and short changing the NYR's further would be counter productive to a team that will be struggling offensively. It's possible that this buyout has just become more cloudy.
Thoughts?

I'm not sure there's anything Richards could do this season to avoid being bought out.

Bleed Ranger Blue 10-16-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 72703991)
I'm not sure there's anything Richards could do this season to avoid being bought out.

Maybe Sather has exhausted the amount of times he can go hat in hand to Dolan for squandering his money.

nyr2k2 10-16-2013 08:32 AM

Nah, even if he were to score at over a point-per-game, I still think he'd be bought out. The penalties in the new CBA for guys retiring on big contracts are just too punitive to keep him around.

Glen Teflon Sather 10-16-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr2k2 (Post 72704351)
Nah, even if he were to score at over a point-per-game, I still think he'd be bought out. The penalties in the new CBA for guys retiring on big contracts are just too punitive to keep him around.

Buy him out then do a sign and trade to bring him back:sarcasm:

SingnBluesOnBroadway 10-16-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue (Post 72704321)
Maybe Sather has exhausted the amount of times he can go hat in hand to Dolan for squandering his money.

Dolan can just raise the price of tickets, merch, food and drink (and my cable bill).

Brooklyn Ranger 10-16-2013 04:22 PM

If Sather and Co. think Richards is a vital piece to winning beyond this season, they will keep him. The argument will be that the cap will keep going up and even if he retires before the end of his contract, they will be able to handle the dead weight.

I know many people think Sather is delusional about the state of this organization and the ability for it to contend now and in the near future, but Sather thinks he's close to his goal. And as long as Dolan believes him....

Brooklyn Ranger 10-16-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 72704933)
Dolan can just raise the price of tickets, merch, food and drink (and my cable bill).

As long as the Rangers keep winning. There wasn't much room to raise prices when things were not going well.

SwedishBullet62 10-16-2013 04:27 PM

does anyone think its a possibility he could be traded at the deadline? hes going to get signed soon after being bought out during the offseason, and for what id assume is upwards of 5 mill a season given the probable raise in the cap, could a bottom of the league team like a florida or whoever make a trade for him with the assumption if they went after him in the offseason he would likely not sign there.

dethomas07 10-16-2013 04:55 PM

nah buy him out still..

hopefully we're a lottery team with 1 pick then with all that you have stated..

go hard at 2015 UFA class if noone signs extensions.. then we're good to go..

pipe dream, but this thread is too soo....

Calad 10-16-2013 05:10 PM

I don't think buying out Richards is a definite if he continues to play the way he has played this season. The Cap is expected to increase to what, 74 million after this season? And 80 or more the year after that? If we keep him on until he has a year or two left in his contract, we eat a 5mill cap hit for each of those years he isn't playing. 5 mill is a big chunk now, but if the cap continues to increase as projected, will it really be that big of a deal?

frozenrubber 10-16-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedishBullet62 (Post 72724897)
does anyone think its a possibility he could be traded at the deadline? hes going to get signed soon after being bought out during the offseason, and for what id assume is upwards of 5 mill a season given the probable raise in the cap, could a bottom of the league team like a florida or whoever make a trade for him with the assumption if they went after him in the offseason he would likely not sign there.

Trading Richards isn't an option.

If Richards retires prior to the conclusion of his contract (regardless of what team he is on), the Rangers did receive a cap advantage in his tenure as a Ranger (paid far more in real money than actual cap hit). As such, despite hypothetically trading Brad Richards, the re-capture penalty would still be applied to the Rangers.

SwedishBullet62 10-16-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenrubber (Post 72726893)
Trading Richards isn't an option.

If Richards retires prior to the conclusion of his contract (regardless of what team he is on), the Rangers did receive a cap advantage in his tenure as a Ranger (paid far more in real money than actual cap hit). As such, despite hypothetically trading Brad Richards, the re-capture penalty would still be applied to the Rangers.

**** i didnt realize that, still don't like the fact that the new cba screwed over so many teams and players who contracts signed prior to it being put in place, if anything along with the compliance buyout a player should be able to sign back with the same team

azaloum90 10-17-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedishBullet62 (Post 72742051)
**** i didnt realize that, still don't like the fact that the new cba screwed over so many teams and players who contracts signed prior to it being put in place, if anything along with the compliance buyout a player should be able to sign back with the same team

It just punished them for being horrible GM's.. What's so sad is that the league signed off on these contracts, and then went back and said now we'll penalize you for it since we have it in writing

frozenrubber 10-17-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azaloum90 (Post 72748411)
It just punished them for being horrible GM's.. What's so sad is that the league signed off on these contracts, and then went back and said now we'll penalize you for it since we have it in writing

If the deals don't circumvent the cap, then no penalty will be applied. The penalty only applies if Richards retires early.

If the Rangers fully expected Richards to play the full 9 seasons, there would be no problem. But that isn't the case. The final 3 years of his contract are for 1 million. In short, the Rangers gave Richards a 6 year deal disguised as a 9 year deal to lower the caphit.

vipernsx 10-18-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr2k2 (Post 72704351)
Nah, even if he were to score at over a point-per-game, I still think he'd be bought out. The penalties in the new CBA for guys retiring on big contracts are just too punitive to keep him around.

Agreed. It's a business and if Ritchie plays well, he'll have an easier time finding a new, lucrative, contract. Not buying him out this past offseason works for him and works for the Rangers. If the Rangers bought him out, he might be playing for 1m because no one wanted to take a chance on him. Look at Brendan Morrow.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.