HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: All Ongoing Oiler Goalie Trade Talk Here (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1518697)

Joey Moss 10-17-2013 04:48 PM

Anderson, Hiller, Neuvirth or Elliott to Edmonton

So with the news of Edmonton being on Miller's list the Oilers need to look elsewhere. To me, these are the four guys that could be available who are worth targeting but it's hard to grasp what we'd have to give up for them. You're not going to get a Hall, RNH, Eberle, Yak or J. Schultz in this kind of deal and probably not even Klefbom or Nurse depending on the scenario. I personally would be very willing to part with a 1st rounder or a good prospect like Marincin to get a goalie but these teams would need to take back salary in any proposal.. Someone like Dubnyk/Labarbera, N. Schultz or Hemsky (not just a cap dump, has been our best forward so far and can help any team) are options to include in a package for salary purposes.

Fire away.

EDIT - I added Elliott after this tweet..

Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor 18m
"I know the Oilers have contacted the Sabres for Miller but have moved on from him to Neuvirth, Hiller and Elliot" @TSNBobMcKenzie #Oilers

caley 10-17-2013 04:49 PM

All Ongoing Oiler Goalie Trade Talk Here

We're getting quite a few threads about Oilers going after Ryan Miller, every goalie under the sun etc. so let's try to keep it all confined to one thread.

And kick off with a Bob McKenzie quote via Jason Gregor
Quote:

"I know the Oilers have contacted the Sabres for Miller but have moved on from him to Neuvirth, Hiller and Elliot" @TSNBobMcKenzie #Oilers
I'm not necessarily sure that Neuvirth and Elliot are all that much better than Dubnyk/LaBarbera honestly.

Mc5RingsAndABeer 10-17-2013 04:49 PM

This won't go well because somehow the Oilers being in last place automatically means that every player/prospect outside the big 5 + Nurse + Klefbom have no value.

McGlassbangers 10-17-2013 04:49 PM

Nah, we have to give one of the kids to get a rental goalie. :sarcasm:

TheStranger 10-17-2013 04:49 PM

:laugh: Eliott....one of these things is not like the other

Burakovsky95* 10-17-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glassbangers (Post 72773845)
Nah, we have to give one of the kids to get a rental goalie. :sarcasm:

Neuvy is signed through next year and if you give him the starting role he'd re-sign. Not saying he's worth one of the kids but he isn't a rental IMO.

Joey Moss 10-17-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStranger (Post 72773855)

I don't want Elliott but if MacT is asking about him, so be it.

Carlzner 10-17-2013 04:52 PM

Package including Neuvirth for Smid

McGlassbangers 10-17-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetsGoCaps19 (Post 72773907)
Neuvy is signed through next year and if you give him the starting role he'd re-sign. Not saying he's worth one of the kids but he isn't a rental IMO.

Yeah, I was just referring to the Miller for Yakupov bs rumours.

I'd love to get Neuvirth, what would he cost?

Gigantor The Goalie 10-17-2013 04:53 PM

I agree. Neuvirth I think would be lit up just as much unless their bringing him in to back-up Dubnyk. Hiller would be a good goalie though. He's generally a solid goalie and would at least help the Oilers win, winnable games.

Manitoba Oilers* 10-17-2013 04:53 PM

Neuvirth for Dubnyk and Gernat and 2015 second

Hiller for 2 Thirds and Simpson

Bobby Smash 10-17-2013 04:54 PM

Fasth for Smid.

Dysentery 10-17-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStranger (Post 72773855)

Yeah, he has a Jennings.

Benjamin 10-17-2013 04:55 PM

Anderson for Klefbom.

McGlassbangers 10-17-2013 04:55 PM

I'd prefer Neuvirth. He has potential, he would be cheaper than Hiller and he most certainly would re-sign here if he had a good season.

Elliott is a guy I want nothing to do with. :help:

Altimus 10-17-2013 04:56 PM

Every team is holding edm hostage til they learn to pay up due to desperation. Washington is the only one that are off to a rough start and Ottawas internal budget means any players traded back to us would have to be under 3million combined.

Burakovsky95* 10-17-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glassbangers (Post 72773995)
Yeah, I was just referring to the Miller for Yakupov bs rumours.

I'd love to get Neuvirth, what would he cost?

Knowing Mcphee. Give us Hemsky so we can play him 6 minutes a night on the 4th line.

In all seriousness we need help on the backend. Someone to pair with John Carlson.

Benjamin 10-17-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capital O TEETEE 613 (Post 72774113)
Yeah, he has Hitchcock.

ftfy.

KEEROLE Vatanen 10-17-2013 04:57 PM

surprised they aren't interested in viktor fasth at all.....
anyways what would the oil realistically trade for hiller or fasth? assuming similar value

Hariken 10-17-2013 04:57 PM

Hiller makes the most sense. Last year on contract, proven starter and best of these three, Anaheim has incredible goalie depth with Fasth/Andersen/Gibson. Problem is though that Edmonton doesn't have anything useful with similar value to Hiller to give Anaheim in return.

TheStranger 10-17-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Moss (Post 72773919)
I don't want Elliott but if MacT is asking about him, so be it.

You're better off with Dubnyk.

Akonite 10-17-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetsGoCaps19 (Post 72774193)
Knowing Mcphee. Give us Hemsky so we can play him 6 minutes a night on the 4th line.

In all seriousness we need help on the backend. Someone to pair with John Carlson.

We unfortunately need back end help as well. So unless you want a depth defencemen like N. Schultz or Grebeshkov (and you probably dont) we can't really match up here.

TheStranger 10-17-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capital O TEETEE 613 (Post 72774113)
Yeah, he has a Jennings.

So you'll trade Andy and Lehner for Elliott then? Jennings means a lot afterall.

indigobuffalo 10-17-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer (Post 72773825)
This won't go well because somehow the Oilers being in last place automatically means that every player/prospect outside the big 5 + Nurse + Klefbom have no value.

Meh, this year is just an off-year. They've had a good what... zero, maybe... zero seasons of not being bottom 5 with this roster?

Surely if there were players worth anything on this roster they'd have risen to the top of the crop by now.

It's easy to see where viewers might be coming from here...

That said, I keep shaking my head at how weird it is that the Leafs are "feeling the market" for Gardiner, and have a top-end goalie in Reimer, AND the coach of the Oilers is the former Marlies coach who taught Gardiner AND Reimer, AND Gardiner was a long-time friend of Justin Schultz and it was highly speculated that Toronto might win the JS sweepstakes because of those ties....

Yet no one in the hockey world seems to be really speculating on a deal with Toronto... why??

Gardiner + Liles + Reimer + 1st for one of Hall or Yakupov+Dubnyk

Or whatever... tinker with that so both sides are happy but keep in mind Oilers would be adding a very good goalie with top 10 stats last season, and two NHL-ready defensemen, plus a 1st, and all are players the coach already knows and the players are familiar with the system so they integrate right away...

MacT has obviously been feeling things out for a fair value on his 1st overall picks and no one is tabling something that he feels is worth it. Leafs won't even consider adding a guy like Rielly, so Edmonton really is in the position of having to accept less than ideal value for one of those guys.

I know Leafs players are immediately seen a worthless (and this whole winning thing is completely fluke based... dontchaknow), so people will immediately assume this is robbery... but read a little closer...

Has Hall really been elite at any point? His detractors all along said he plays to aggressively and injuries would be a decisive aspect of his career. (Sure, there's a case for some bad luck... but not all of it).

Yakupov might end up being a buy low sell high player if he turns into another 1st OA bust.

There's appeal for Oilers fans. This isn't just an "iron lifevest".

AslanRH 10-17-2013 05:02 PM

1st and a 2nd for a Caps Goalie seems to be the going rate